What's up with Fiatleak ???

Hi,  Just had a peak at Fiatleak to see how the Zerp was performing and was surprised to see that their  " Latest News," is from 8 Days ago.  Have they lost faith or is something afoot that we don't know about ?    

Baby Goat GIF by MOODMAN

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it was very interesting - IIRC the drop was a few days before BG's tweet. And it felt like an afterthought on their part. Which makes sense, their current focus then wasn't on impressing the HOD

Like you I was wondering why increased value of XRP has not been followed by more liquidity which which should be followed by more ODL I did notice this week that the utility scan was showing a l

Unless the site is lying and hiding volume, (which I think would break a number of financial regulations in Australia,) then there is clearly no increase in XRP ODL from the Australian side. This

Posted Images

Eight days ago? That's pretty damn fresh. Or did I miss Ripple real-world, rollout, bank and ODL news?! There are none, it's like the abandoned ship. All we get is UBRI stuff - right, that might ripe into real-world use cases, in more than a few years down the road.

But as the faithful in here say, don't push them, they're working hard - and yes, regulation is a *****.

8 hours ago, panmores said:

Eight days ago? That's pretty damn fresh. Or did I miss Ripple real-world, rollout, bank and ODL news?! There are none, it's like the abandoned ship. All we get is UBRI stuff - right, that might ripe into real-world use cases, in more than a few years down the road.

But as the faithful in here say, don't push them, they're working hard - and yes, regulation is a *****.

but a few days ago there was news of ODL being up and running between Japan and Korea with several millions passing in both directions, it seems as you say; a lot is happening that is not being picked up by the current trackers. I think they are getting better at hiding the ODL volumes.

Also Brad was reported as saying ODL is now the fastest growing service at Ripple.  It will be interesting to read (I hope)

Edited by Julian_Williams
35 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

but a few days ago there was news of ODL being up and running between Japan and Korea with several millions passing in both directions, it seems as you say; a lot is happening that is not being picked up by the current trackers. I think they are getting better at hiding the ODL volumes.

Also Brad was reported as saying ODL is now the fastest growing service at Ripple.  It will be interesting to read (I hope)

whooaaa... @Julian_Williams ... your post smacks of xrp-zerodoubt-crypto-moon-conspiracy-joy which I thought was been frowned upon ATM. 8) But yes, It's A Sign..8).

Edited by robertbruce
upgraded crypto-moon-joy to xrp-zerodoubt-crypto-moon-conspiracy-joy
3 hours ago, robertbruce said:

whooaaa... @Julian_Williams ... your post smacks of xrp-zerodoubt-crypto-moon-conspiracy-joy which I thought was been frowned upon ATM. 8) But yes, It's A Sign..8).

I do not doubt that Ripple/XRP will be a success on some level.  They are very early, rich and run by a team of that is well connected and focussed on a tsk that they are solving.  The team include some of the brightest brains in the world of finance and blockchain.  The level of that success will remain unknown of many months or years, and no one can more than guess at the value XRP will hit in the next bull run.  So yes I am bullish about XRP.

The odl transactions were recorded and published somewhere was recorded 

Edited by Julian_Williams
10 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I do not doubt that Ripple/XRP will be a success on some level.  They are very early, rich and run by a team of that is well connected and focussed on a tsk that they are solving.  The team include some of the brightest brains in the world of finance and blockchain.  The level of that success will remain unknown of many months or years, and no one can more than guess at the value XRP will hit in the next bull run.  So yes I am bullish about XRP.

A bullish post about XRP? How very dare you! @LetHerRip @Archbob and other gestapo will soon be here with their truncheons to sort this thread out!

21 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Where did you read ODL is now the fastest groing service at Ripple? Not here.

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/1294047059083816960

59 minutes ago, panmores said:

Where did you read ODL is now the fastest groing service at Ripple? Not here.

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/1294047059083816960

I am not sure, I think it might have been mentioned by Crypto Eri, maybe quoting something from the Q2 report.  It struck me as interesting because we cannot see any growth on the odl trackers. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:49 PM, Julian_Williams said:

but a few days ago there was news of ODL being up and running between Japan and Korea with several millions passing in both directions

I saw this happen, i was watching Fiatleak. I call Fiatleak "Moon Channel" .... all those little moons are sooo mesmerising.
I saw the jpy's and krw's thinking there was a pamp underway. I even some eur and rub.
But the last few days ODL must be being masked somehow..

On 9/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, Julian_Williams said:

Do you really think that's possible, ODL volume we aren't seeing I mean 

1 hour ago, Xrpdude said:

Do you really think that's possible, ODL volume we aren't seeing I mean 

To be honest I am confused too by the mismatch between the positive statements coming from Ripple and what we see on sites like utility scan.  I do think that Ripple are throwing a lot of their weight investing in getting ODL ramped up.

37 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

To be honest I am confused too by the mismatch between the positive statements coming from Ripple and what we see on sites like utility scan.  I do think that Ripple are throwing a lot of their weight investing in getting ODL ramped up.

Unless the site is lying and hiding volume, (which I think would break a number of financial regulations in Australia,) then there is clearly no increase in XRP ODL from the Australian side.

This is the BTCMarkets chart as of right now.  You can see the treasury volume at base of chart on the far left and the non-growing volume ever since.

Masking tags, sharding payments etc would not mask the trading volume indicator at the base of this chart.

So I don‘t believe that AUD volume is growing at all.  I assume it’s similar elsewhere.

F4BE1529-CDD2-456F-89A0-4DDD97D3E0B2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

Unless the site is lying and hiding volume, (which I think would break a number of financial regulations in Australia,) then there is clearly no increase in XRP ODL from the Australian side.

FWIW - a few months back I pursued adding the Downunder ODL-exchange's API to my scanning list, and it required an account to acquire an authorization key. The only (FAQ) info I could find on requirements for foreign access was being a Market Maker. I even posted a query on their contact form on a MM requiremnts and got no response. 

Perhaps the Leaker Boys are being blocked from monitoring their trade activity... If the stakeholders wished to preserve confidentiality of their usage metrics I don't know how else anyone can derive them. 

Or have I missed something in this thread ?