XRP Price - from a investors point of view

1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

in this forum I have read about 2 theories:

1 xrp , like all other crypto, are dragged by BTC.

2 XRP will increase value only if it is successful as cross border payment  tool.

So these two are not interrelated. Same can be said between any crypto cycle (BTC or whatever else) and the time needed to increase the handed volume of cross border transaction to such an amount that would cause xrp to significantly appreciate.

So where is the truth?

These are not mutually exclusive - both or neither can happen.  XRP could fail all on its own while BTC and others succeed (e.g. XRPL suffers some fatal flaw).  Conversely, XRP could be used more and more as a cross border bridge currency AND enjoy the rising tide of a rising BTC valuation.  It's honestly anyone's guess at this point how things will go.  I've given up trying to predict XRP's future, but I'm very comfortable holding XRP to zero or will cash out on the way from around 50c upwards if we go into a bull run. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Opinions are one thing, like an investment thesis they can be valuable to an investor. However, "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."If you are Long XRP, and not using

No there is nothing wrong with this investment.  Bitcoin has halved, expect all crypto to go on a speculative run based on past experiences.  Xrp is one of the oldest and most accepted cryptos ever, i

Comments like these are the true strength of this forum, and as long as people like you are on it we will enrich ourselves with information /other people's perspectives. Thank you. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

in this forum I have read about 2 theories:

1 xrp , like all other crypto, are dragged by BTC.

2 XRP will increase value only if it is successful as cross border payment  tool.

So these two are not interrelated. Same can be said between any crypto cycle (BTC or whatever else) and the time needed to increase the handed volume of cross border transaction to such an amount that would cause xrp to significantly appreciate.

So where is the truth?

1 is already seen to happen. another way to say it is money from btc enters xrp to get back more btc or fiat as people get priced out of btc.

2. i keep hearing this unproven narrative. i dont see any correlation between new corridors and price. in economics price is determined by scarcity, not utility. let me prove it using an anology. the most valuable thing around you right now is the air you breath. the reason you dont pay for it is because it is abundant. simply using xrp in transactions won't do it because nobody is holding the coin to make it scarce. people might hold xrp for speculation but ODL doesnt make institutions hold it, it just gets bought and sold immediately. in contrast, eth 2.0 is going to have staking, encouraging you to hold 32 eth. bitcoin has halfenings which encourage miners to not dump btc unless they get more money etc. I can see people holding xrp for the dec12 snapshot to get Spark or staking it in the future to earn rewards once flare network is established. I just dont see how ODL makes anyone hold xrp except for speculation. 

i can understand ripple wanting xrp to be the king of liquidity because that would make it the gold or silver of crypto but i dont see it happening for 2 reasons. btc and eth are gold and silver already. btc has the most liquidity because its issuance is accurately predictable and price goes up after each successive halfing. even eth despite not having a cap , inflates predictably because of mining. xrp is not predictable, it is simply dumped on holders predictively by programmic sales or non predictively by executives. xrp holders simply have to trust that Ripple does the right thing and this leads to uncertainty.

Edited by Gamblord
On 9/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, Moriarty said:

I do hope to get your honest opinion what your feelings are regarding price.

Opinions are one thing, like an investment thesis they can be valuable to an investor. However, "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."If you are Long XRP, and not using Leverage to buy XRP, just chill and check back in later unless you want to keep up with the innovation, tech, and industry growth.

Feelings are another thing, and are very dangerous to an investor, especially Retail Investors who are not using professional methods.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, Moriarty said:

as an investor I feel that as an investment product XRP over the last 3 years it did not accomplish what I expected of it

High expectations make poor travel partners.

I learned this personally, while having a great time backpacking and sleeping in a hammock with no plan whatsoever. Then did an "expensive" trip, and the whole group ended up complaining that "things could have been better".

30 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Opinions are one thing, like an investment thesis they can be valuable to an investor. However, "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."If you are Long XRP, and not using Leverage to buy XRP, just chill and check back in later unless you want to keep up with the innovation, tech, and industry growth.

Feelings are another thing, and are very dangerous to an investor, especially Retail Investors who are not using professional methods.

High expectations make poor travel partners.

I learned this personally, while having a great time backpacking and sleeping in a hammock with no plan whatsoever. Then did an "expensive" trip, and the whole group ended up complaining that "things could have been better".

Comments like these are the true strength of this forum, and as long as people like you are on it we will enrich ourselves with information /other people's perspectives. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Jotaro said:

@KarmaCoverage i've been wondering this for long, are you Kevin Cage from youtube/twitter? both of you used dark colored avatar and have K and C as name.

No, I have no idea who that is, my name is Ron. I've met several people from this forum in person, via Skype, and phone who can verify that.

I'm replying while taking a break from reading the two Flare network whitepapers. I'm so impressed that I may make a video or post about their work. The economics is right, the potential that unleashes is huge. I sense some keen brilliance.

32 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

No, I have no idea who that is, my name is Ron. I've met several people from this forum in person, via Skype, and phone who can verify that.

I'm replying while taking a break from reading the two Flare network whitepapers. I'm so impressed that I may make a video or post about their work. The economics is right, the potential that unleashes is huge. I sense some keen brilliance.

white paper is always good on paper, delivery is another thing, it could end up just like any other whitepaper that is all talk and no walk.

been there, i was early on EOS, whitepaper/concept, etc all looks good, it was dubbed the "ethereum killer", as far as i recall my last follow up on that thing was related to governance issue, those early devs was so excited about it and posted optimistic video is now gone, nevertheless it was a good ride, i got in at 0.50 and watch it go all the way to 25.00 during the great 2017 bullrun, now back to few dollars, i was all the way in the green so cant complain, i was new and didnt cash out so i'll make sure to cash out this thing when the next ATH comes.

9 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

white paper is always good on paper, delivery is another thing, it could end up just like any other whitepaper that is all talk and no walk.

been there, i was early on EOS, whitepaper/concept, etc all looks good, it was dubbed the "ethereum killer", as far as i recall my last follow up on that thing was related to governance issue, those early devs was so excited about it and posted optimistic video is now gone, nevertheless it was a good ride, i got in at 0.50 and watch it go all the way to 25.00 during the great 2017 bullrun, now back to few dollars, i was all the way in the green so cant complain, i was new and didnt cash out so i'll make sure to cash out this thing when the next ATH comes.

Economics and incentives matter. I'm not jumping to conclusions but I know quality work when I see it. I find that an elegant mixing of concepts can rarely achieve new things... but it can. At this point I'm just asking, "is this a viable tool to build KarmaCoverage"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.