Oh shiaatttt! RTGS Global + Microsoft Launch Cross-border Liquidity, available to 43,300 Banks (No Blockchain or XRP)

LetHerRip

24 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

The XRP holder bias is obvious and understandable.  They hold an asset and "talk it up".  It can be unrealistic at times, sometimes downright annoying....but the motivation is obvious.

I agree with your tenet that we all here are biased.  but I disagree with your understanding of why many speak up.

I’ve seen the view many times, and I think that many here hold it...  that somehow the people talking it up believe that will affect the price.  Or in some way support the asset.

I disagree completely with that ‘obvious’ motive.

I know when I was first enthusiastic about XRP and ‘evangelical’ about it,  the reason was not even remotely connected with price or ‘supporting’ the asset.  It was because I felt it would be selfish to be one of the few that knew about a good thing to get on to,  and then not share that with others.  I was naive about the hurdles and underestimated risks and possible delays.  Later of course, as the price fell for years, I regretted telling anyone about it.  :) 

But I think I speak for many here who speak up when a fear monger pushes some distorted lie, that the reason we speak up still has nothing to do with price or supporting XRP.

We still think ultimately that XRP will be a good investment and can’t stand that thought that someone with an agenda of shorting or angry disgruntlement, is lying or distorting the truth which might muddy the waters for someone trying to decide what to do in their own investments.  The distortions stick in our craw.

I want, and I think many others do too, that both good and bad aspects be clearly presented without agendas being pushed to distort the facts.

It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with price, and I do not for one second believe that anything I could say could affect the price one IOTA.  (Sorry couldn’t resist...  :) )

So although I take your point that we all have biases,  I don’t think you are correct to make an ‘obvious’ assumption that it is to help the price or ‘talk up’ XRP.

Ripple tries to enter financial sector. As I read all your post it doesn't seem that many are working in this sector. I would love the hear such voices as I know there are some here.
Financial sector works differently. If you don't get that, I think it's even harder to understand several developments. ODL saves a bank money? Nice, but who cares? The big investers as stock owners? Pha, they are far far away. As a private person or a sme company you are interested in saving money. Banks have already a lot of money. There are other, even more important aspects for an ODL interested person in a bank:

• What can I personally gain/lose?
  • If I push/start that project, it will be attached to my person. It's success/failure will be connected to my personal future in that bank.
  • If it works, nice, I'll get a special bonus. However, if it fails, I'm doomed at that bank and have to leave. Other people in other banks will know of "my" failed project.
  • Compliance is a central aspect to consider in banking. I can’t say that enought times. The risks to take are even bigger for that person, as the situation is not 100% crystal clear. Violating rules are often costly. Not many will risk a 1M+ punishment just for a maybe "tiny" bonus or a "good work man, thanks".
  • The higher you are in a bank, the more it's about keeping status quo to reduce risks.
  • Financial sector is very lazy. They have enough money. They (currently) don't need to hurry.

That boils down to the question: Do the possible gains overweight the PERSONAL risks I'll take as a weighted opinion leader in my bank? Well, most of the time the answer in banker's reality is no. A 10k/100k bonus for such a project is nice, but not that much compared to the case the project fails. And just to get that clear: That whole ODL-XRP-Ripple thing isn't a guaranteed success as many seem to believe.

There are so many posts about no visible progress , no one uses ODL, etc. No one is going to take the risks if a success is not 99% for sure nor will they publicly talk about it. I don't expect to see any banks soon using it. You will hear about it, if they are 99%+ sure it works for them. Maybe some of you have to rethink about their expectations. And yea, trolls will keep trolling :)

I would enjoy to hear some banker's voice in this topic.

Edited by Jerrybo
spelling

8 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I know when I was first enthusiastic about XRP and ‘evangelical’ about it,  the reason was not even remotely connected with price or ‘supporting’ the asset.  It was because I felt it would be selfish to be one of the few that knew about a good thing to get on to,  and then not share that with others.  I was naive about the hurdles and underestimated risks and possible delays.  Later of course, as the price fell for years, I regretted telling anyone about it.  :) 

For sure, there are many reasons to support/be a fan of XRP - maybe you think the fundamentals are great (and don't care about price in the short term), and conversely maybe someone else doesn't care about fundamentals, and they just bought a bag of XRP and 100% only care about the price.  However, whatever your reason, you're still more likely to have a bias toward XRP (be it for fundamentals, or 100% only because of price) and therefore post favourable things about it / upvote favourable posts.  Bias is sneaky....even though I'm very much a believer of XRP's fundamentals because a lot of things make logical sense regarding its performance capabilities, Ripple's partnerships, XRP's relatively well-established history etc...it doesn't mean I'm objectively right.  I might be over-emphasising things I see as "no brainers" and questions in my head like "why can't the fintech world see what I see?" might be a result of my bias - because I forget that XRP is still a high risk investment, anything can happen, other corporations/institutions may not see XRP as I do, and nothing is set in stone. 

It's a rare person who you can't "place" as "for" or "against" XRP.  I'd say 95%+ of my posts are basically "in favour" of XRP...the other 5% or so are really just things I comment on undeniably bad news about XRP (e.g. ODL volume being slashed, David Schwartz selling large amounts of his XRP) - I'm not going to pretend they aren't bad news or pretend not to acknowledge them (not saying other people do, just saying how I post here).  No asset is "all good all the time" (despite what Digital Asset Investor says about XRP). XRP is a high risk investment, which I see as a result of all the things I like about it (cutting edge tech, IoV, high rewards that come with high risk).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

7 hours ago, Jerrybo said:

And just to get that clear: That whole ODL-XRP-Ripple thing isn't a guaranteed success as many seem to believe.

But who really thinks that?  I cant name anyone in here being of the opinion that this is a guaranteed success but still the narrativ is getting pushed.

This is a high risk investment - there is nothing to argue about!

24 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

But who really thinks that?  I cant name anyone in here being of the opinion that this is a guaranteed success but still the narrativ is getting pushed.

This is a high risk investment - there is nothing to argue about!

Sorry, I read some reddit before that post. I invested more time that i liked into that post... therefore it must remain ;)

Edited by Jerrybo

18 hours ago, Kiwi said:

noup, he is not right.. and this topic clearly proved that.. he literally has no idea what he is talking about.. the only thing I agree with him is that ODL progress is miserable..  

oh yes, he reminds me of those idiots who hate certain streamers, but for some reason they keep on going on their stream talking **** about them.. 

He's also right about the regulatory status. The SEC isn't going to go around and announce the several thousands coins that violate regulations. They are just going to be announce the ones that are compliant. So far, that has only been BTC and maybe ETH.

On 9/9/2020 at 4:40 AM, LetHerRip said:

The SEC's job is not labeling one by one all crypto security's and scam's, too many of them and a new one comes online every minute, instead they have told us which ones are not security's, XRP is not part of that green light list. 

No its because XRP is going to secretly become the world standard for everything and the big bankers don't want the small guys to be aware so they can become millionaires!

/s

On 9/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, LetHerRip said:

You question was already answered in my original post, if you too dumb to understand it that's your problem.

The SEC's job is not labeling one by one all crypto security's and scam's, too many of them and a new one comes online every minute, instead they have told us which ones are not security's, XRP is not part of that green light list. 

So why have Ripple not been busted yet Oh Ripple Guru with a |farting partner... Let Her Rip & get intoxicated by the fumes. In the not too distant future the Zerps adoption will render all your Posts irrelevant and based upon paranoia... We live in times where Pronoia is all that's going to pull us through. So less of your distopian diatribe. Please join the rest of us to build a better future, or we will end up with a " New Normal " Big Up the Zerp, it has been designed to help unlike many Altcoins .

I Love You Couple GIF by Nora Fikse

RTGS Global "news" is a paid advertisement by a Forbes Contributor. Nothing of value can be taken from that "article" When a credible source references this patent pending technology I will pay attention. Until then we just have to worry about China, Google, Facebook, Swift and everyone else on planet earth other than this. 

5 hours ago, 3GO3D said:

So why have Ripple not been busted yet Oh Ripple Guru with a |farting partner... Let Her Rip & get intoxicated by the fumes. In the not too distant future the Zerps adoption will render all your Posts irrelevant and based upon paranoia... We live in times where Pronoia is all that's going to pull us through. So less of your distopian diatribe. Please join the rest of us to build a better future, or we will end up with a " New Normal " Big Up the Zerp, it has been designed to help unlike many Altcoins .

I Love You Couple GIF by Nora Fikse

Posts like this is why the XRParmy and community is seen as a Joke. Same parroting nonsense for almost 3 years now. Its always "mass adoption soon" and the dates keep getting pushed further and further back when something doesn't happen like its supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, LetHerRip said:

Of course there are points we don't know all the details to and could be potential red flags as you call them, but its not like Ripple solutions are without its very own multiple red flags also.

What we know is banks don't want to have to use a volatile digital asset created by a private company, they have said that again and again. There is now a solution that provides them this. Will they adopt it? who will win? Time will tell. Ripples first mover advantage is getting eroded fast though.

Of course they don't! Revenue will be lost.

I think the man we need to watch for is Brian Brooks from the OCC. His moves over Q4 this year will give us an indication of where were headed.

You make great points LetHerRip and many do question my devotion to my biggest investment.( I'm hoping you're in this space with good intentions and truly believe what you say as opposed to trying to manipulate price. I believe you are. You just simply dont believe in it imo).

I'll admit i'm not as knowledgeable on the workings of XRP and its competitors as you although i have studied it for some time.

For what its worth I dont look at this battle for supremacy like a kind of highlander scenario(over 40s will understand my analogy!).

I see all the competitors working in tandem over the coming decades, some will be bigger than others yes but there's room for SWIFT GPR, Ripple, R3, RTGS and others to all have a piece of the pie. For me even a $10 XRP would signify a huge ROI. I think the high 3 figure dollar predictions are very unlikely but cant see XRP not being a part of the future.