Oh shiaatttt! RTGS Global + Microsoft Launch Cross-border Liquidity, available to 43,300 Banks (No Blockchain or XRP)

4 hours ago, jargoman said:

He did make it seem like a massive blow to ripple and XRP.

If you really think about it, they don't even have regulation (yet?) therefore have zero banks 

If someone had used a quote from Brad Garlinghouse where he said something like "we're making our product available to every bank in the world", and then twisted that to say "There's a roll-out of Ripple's product to every bank in the world!" ... I kinda think @LetHerRip would be all over that calling it delusional nonsense. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For someone apparently so good at seeing through BS, I'm surprised you took this bait so quickly. They sure got you hook, line and sinker. I think that's why people suspect your motives - you did

"Available" to 43K banks, not on-boarded banks yet, or even any mention of estimates of those intending to utilize it. A key question is that of the necessary software, what's involved in it's integra

New York-Tokyo distance is 10800Km. The light will take around 72ms to go back and forth and they can do bilateral agreements in only 50ms. They found something faster than light, it's groundbreaking

Posted Images

9 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

@Dogowner5 I changed the title to the exact phrase used in the press release "available to" please don't cry anymore, stage one of the rollout has commenced as you read per the press release. I hope you will be able to sleep better at night now though. Now answer my questions or are you the hypocrite?

So you finally admit your original title was an intentional and blatant lie. Do you think finally coming clean after all you have been confronted with will get you off the hook? If so you are wrong.
I've noticed your Siamese twin, xerxespolyps has not appeared in this thread. Are you having trouble both using the same keyboard at the same time? Perhaps finesir or one of your other imaginary friends could help you out with that.
In the mean time...1633770978_Imsure.jpeg.a82f2fbf1cc648cd5d3e8aee536c1aff.jpeg

21 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Who is Valhalla Guy?  In the interests of openness perhaps you will tell us your real name?  ..and how much money do you have in the bank and your tax affairs. 

The rest of your arguments are as fallacious as your identity.

Ripplenet and ODL are KYC and AML compliant 

with regard to corruption.  Digital money, properly set up should be a corruption killer.  As the Afghan police force discovered when they began to have their salaries paid by M-pesa.  Many thought they had had pay rises.  Digital money can be paid directly to the recipient without being stolen by middle men and corrupt government officials.

About experts.  I do not remember a single incident where a forum member declared themselves an expert.  I have seen forum members declare they have experience working in banks, or are programmers.  That is the point of a forum like this, people who are new to crypto can gain insights from people who have been involved for longer.  People can test and share their ideas  

You stated that you muted me, but less than 2 weeks later, here you are posting a  reply? 
Thank you for making my point about the hypocrisy that thrives here among “experts” 😂🤣😂

Please go back to your safe space, where everyone thinks the same, yet feel they are progressive.

(One day, if you are lucky enough to get outside of your echo chamber you may understand why mute buttons are simply a “tool used by the fools” because they fear any new knowledge, especially knowledge that originates from true diversity)

59 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You stated that you muted me, but less than 2 weeks later, here you are posting a  reply? 
Thank you for making my point about the hypocrisy that thrives here among “experts” 😂🤣😂

Please go back to your safe space, where everyone thinks the same, yet feel they are progressive.

(One day, if you are lucky enough to get outside of your echo chamber you may understand why mute buttons are simply a “tool used by the fools” because they fear any new knowledge, especially knowledge that originates from true diversity)

I can see your rubbish when I am not logged in :rolleyes:

I notice you failed to give a reply to my questions which just shows that I am missing nothing by "muting" you and confirms the mute button effectively sifts out of a thread the rubbish from serious debaters.  I highly recommend others user ignore your low value contributions :JC_hurrah:

Edited by Julian_Williams
16 hours ago, jargoman said:

Because if banks use a decentralized pool to source liquidity it wouldn't matter what price XRP was or how much liquidity it had. XRP would simply be the cheapest and fastest of many solutions to connect the walled gardens. Ripple could move forward with their plans and XRP could grow organically. Smaller institutions will still use ODL directly.  Ripple has already stated only 20% of transactions utilize XRP. They could pump and dump XRP in the mean time to encourage market makers to take on the high risk of holding XRP with the prospect of capitalizing on the high volatility. They could even quietly ramp up odl volumes when the price is low to unload jeds stash at lower prices. Then shut it off when the price increases to allow traders to take profits. Controlling xrps volumes by playing with that switch

Edit: if it doesn't matter what the price or volumes are then vias isn't needed. Maybe Rao simply did retire for other reasons

Vias still is within the Ripple ecosystem with Linqto which is a solid company and it's advised by Greg Kidd. So yes I don't think that's an alarming move and probably a method there.

Just an FYI - FXODL.com is owned by someone or some entity in China. 

Edited by StirCrazy
3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

@LetHerRip would you care to respond to my thoughtful comment in which I quoted you?

Curious 

I deliberately didn't reply to your response because unlike some other members, you are a member I actually respect so you replied and I left it at that.

However since you asked me though, ill give you my opinion.

Regarding this reply

I think you gave me a politician like wiffle waffle 800 word reply beating around the bush, but didn't say much of anything relevant to the question. A simple and clear answer should be sufficient for a simple and clear question.

With regard to your previous reply that preceded my question and then your above answer.

I think we all here agree on the theory of this, from the optimist to the realist, I'm sure even a pessimist could see the value of this in theory, which is what your describing. How ever as mentioned by me and other members history is littered with examples of great and better tech/innovation now dead that didn't make it. Theory doesn't always make it in the practical world. That was the nature of my second question.

If its so great in theory. So why aren't banks breaking down Ripples door, tripping over themselves, to get access to this great piece of work and technology? They where supposed to have started MAJOR BANKS in 2018, we are headed to 2021 and... nothing.

Its a simple and direct question.

Edited by LetHerRip
On 9/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, elias said:

I wonder how Ripple will respond to this news. Perhaps a nice fireside chat, "blockstars" podcast, or even an SBI pdf!

Personally I'm hoping they'll throw more $millions at the fake companies of their dodgy mates.

Maybe in a couple of months, or early next year.

Here is your answer, a nice Blockstars Podcast. :biggrin:

Check out the reply's though, the people are getting restless!

11 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I notice you failed to give a reply to my questions which just shows that I am missing nothing by "muting" you and confirms the mute button effectively sifts out of a thread the rubbish from serious debaters.  I highly recommend others user ignore your low value contributions

@Valhalla_Guy hasn't responded to mine either.  He thinks making your XRP wallet known on these boards (i.e. tying a wallet to user) is exactly the same as Ripple sending 100% anonymised data over XRPL....therefore if you don't disclose your wallet details here ("hurr durr it's called a PUBLIC key for a reason, though I won't share mine!1!!") ... somehow that makes you a hypocrite.  Tying ANY crypto account with a user on any messageboard is the absolute opposite of anonymised data, and is actually ill-advised to say the least. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound