Flare - Architecture and Practical Issues

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It hasn't been discussed much but I wanted to explore some of the Flare architecture because it creates a fascinating head-to-head battle with ETH. First, here's my understanding of Flare, summar

How to claim Spark tokens (for Ledger Nano users) Step by step guide on how to claim Spark tokens (for XRP holders)   View guide here: https://www.stedas.hr/how-claim-spark-tokens-

This was exactly my point regarding the competitive environment that would come into play with Flare. The move from PoW to PoS (or whatever ETH 2.0 will look like) is high risk but there are prec

Posted Images

i still remember before the 2017 bullrun, EOS was the crypto dubbed "ETH killer".

Lots of traction, expectation, hype, 0.50 to 22, now back to single digit dollars, i bought at 0.50, green all the way but didnt cash out at 22

EOS seems dead now, governance issue pop out here and there, crickets sound getting louder and louder in reddit, so on

and i recall there's other crypto also dubbed "ETH killer" before EOS, maybe NEO is 1 of them?
wouldnt put too much hope on flare to crush ETH, governance issue may arise before any crushing happens, by looking at the terms like collateral, lose it if didnt top up to match, etc etc, sounds like trouble if you dont keep a close eye on the staking, may lose it, at least get this risk sorted out first before talking

4 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

governance issue may arise before any crushing happens

Can you elaborate?

3 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

sounds like trouble if you dont keep a close eye on the staking, may lose it, at least get this risk sorted out first before talking

There's no slashing on Flare so they already got rid of one of the biggest problems faced by PoS and current DeFi projects.

12 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

I say bring it! XRP need's some excitement and development other than what Ripple has done for the XRP ledger.

you hiding the pain while saying this? or are sincere?

All I can say if we get free crypto for holding xrp all these years then great. The trouble right now, which seems to be at a deficit is information about how it works and detailed future plans, however more information will be coming day by day. There also seems to be confusion about how the airdrop will function for the near tech illiterate, I include myself. That said it is at the very least exciting.

2 hours ago, peanut56 said:

All I can say if we get free crypto for holding xrp all these years then great. The trouble right now, which seems to be at a deficit is information about how it works and detailed future plans, however more information will be coming day by day. There also seems to be confusion about how the airdrop will function for the near tech illiterate, I include myself. That said it is at the very least exciting.

There will be a few options for the airdrop, including using a Flair-friendly exchange (temporarily) to have it distributed directly to you, or claiming it after the fact based on your private wallet holdings.  There will be lots of helpful step-by-step procedures posted, I think.  And there's already a process in development to help you claim it based on your wallet holdings via Ledger hardware. 

2 hours ago, peanut56 said:

@WietseWind to the rescue:  

Alex Mashinsky of Celsius network has weekly AMAs every Friday.

This week he commented on XRP, the massive growth of XRP moving to the platform and the future utility fork that Flare is planning.

He also explained Flare the way he saw it, and its potential.

His comments began at arround the 22 minutes 45 second mark.

https://youtu.be/1wOZKKkhKiU?t=1378

Edited by mandelbaum
58 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

I think this needs clarification. I’m assuming it’s 6 months after the ‘snapshot’ of the ledger that claims can be made, but you need to have your wallet setup to receive Spark before the snapshot takes place.

Good point.  I am expecting that there will be a lot of info to XRP holders in advance so they know how to be bet prepared.

Good point.  I am expecting that there will be a lot of info to XRP holders in advance so they know how to be bet prepared.

As there seems to be a good chance for the [mention]GateHub [/mention] hack victims to become refunded - at least partly - I was wondering if they will have a chance to get their SPARK, even if the refunding happens after the snapshot moment

[mention]Silkjaer [/mention] do you this possible?
  • Pablo changed the title to Flare - Architecture and Practical Issues