Interview with Julia Chatterly about Digital Assets

I'll drop this on this thread also:

Eri goes through the interview with Brian Brookes head of US regulation and adds more background information from previous podcasts he has been involved in making .  Brookes speaks with great clarity and sense about the future relationship between Banks, the regulators, the private sector and Blockchain.  He chastises SWIFT, describes the Internet of Value and how the dollar has to be digitalised and decentralised.

If this video does not convince you never to sell a single XRP, then nothing will.

Fluff - Cats

5 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I'll drop this on this thread also:

Eri goes through the interview with Brian Brookes head of US regulation and adds more background information from previous podcasts he has been involved in making .  Brookes speaks with great clarity and sense about the future relationship between Banks, the regulators, the private sector and Blockchain.  He chastises SWIFT, describes the Internet of Value and how the dollar has to be digitalised and decentralised.

If this video does not convince you never to sell a single XRP, then nothing will.

Fluff - Cats

you're always super positive that sometimes i cant even distinguish anymore whether you're delusional or realistic

4 hours ago, Jotaro said:

you're always super positive that sometimes i cant even distinguish anymore whether you're delusional or realistic

I love that observation.  Optimists by nature make progress in life :D  Optimists tend to "get lucky".    I remember reading about an experiment which went something like this; A group of students were graded for their optimism/pessimism.  They gave them a magazine and a task that involved flicking through a magazine, hidden in the magazine was an advert with a reward.  The pessimists did not see the advert, the optimists claimed the reward.  There are always silver linings, as covid has shown, but people with pessimistic outlooks generally fail to see them and are less lucky in life.

Of course optimists have a tendency to go overboard on an idea, and maybe crash into brick walls, but I guess that is a lot better than simply sinking into a depression and never realising/enjoying one's own potentials.  

(BTW I am expecting the price of XRP to sink for a while and believe meaningful adoption that will directly impact price is years off.  ODL has been slow to take off.  Long term I am optimistic about XRP and pessimistic about BTC, but I expect BTC to continue to outpace XRP in the immediate future)

Edited by Julian_Williams
4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

(BTW I am expecting the price of XRP to sink for a while and believe meaningful adoption that will directly impact price is years off.  ODL has been slow to take off.  Long term I am optimistic about XRP and pessimistic about BTC, but I expect BTC to continue to outpace XRP in the immediate future)

This has been correct for years, but the pattern will ultimately break. I've seen so many people describing Ripple functionality (not even possible with a Bitcoind ledger) then go on call it "bitcoin" and discuss all the promise it has. It makes me think that people are just using bitcoin as a shield, and will later play the "blame game" and just blame all the losses on "but that's bitcoin" when we hit the coming dotcom crypto boom/bust. I figure this will happen around 2024/25ish, which sort of feels right given current market monetary conditions, the development phase of all crypto, and the fact that we have not even seen the wave of crypto IPOs yet.

Of those, I'm most uncertain about the monetary conditions and how the public markets will react. Crypto should be bullish, with all this talk (I dont believe it) about digital assets being like gold :rolleyes:, but that the messaging that is going to be pumped thorough the investment brokers to the retail clients and family offices.

Re RippleNet/XRPL I think there are a lot of dominoes setup to fall down relatively suddenly... but when they do start falling down, they will have to slowly crush all the fud that has been pushed into the market, and that process should cushion the rise of XRP.