5 hours ago, Karl said:

I don't know if the delay in decision making is intentional or not.

Two very simple solutions

1. Let the class action go to court rather than have two years of delaying action. If they win it clarifies that XRP is not a security. Their delaying actions show they have no confidence of winning

or

2. Go to the SEC and ask for a "No Action Letter"

These are the actions, complaining about lack of regulatory clarity is not an answer.

56 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

1. Let the class action go to court rather than have two years of delaying action. If they win it clarifies that XRP is not a security. Their delaying actions show they have no confidence of winning

or

2. Go to the SEC and ask for a "No Action Letter"

These are the actions, complaining about lack of regulatory clarity is not an answer.

Maybe YOU should be Ripple's chief legal counsel....Cheers! 

Edited by Sharkey
1 hour ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Probably, they're sitting back and laughing at all you morons involved in the lawsuits spamming this stuff and then are gonna pop you... but, hey, maybe I'm just suspicious.

Edited by NightJanitor
(I'm not just suspicious.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/1294047058479857665

2/ I'll let the data speak for itself: - ODL (product that uses XRP) has accounted for more than $2 billion in txns since its launch - ODL volume grew 11x YoY comparing H1’19 v. H1’20 - In less than 3yrs, we’ve processed 2B+ txns on RippleNet w a notional value of $7B+ (2/4)

3/ Over two dozen customers are on board w/ ODL including MoneyGram, goLance, Viamericas, FlashFX, Azimo and the list goes on.... (3/4)

Brad got angry enough with the Financial Times to tweet some facts, a big step forward!

===================================================

Questions

1. ODL experts, how does Brad's $2 Billion compare to the amounts people have been estimating?

2. 2 billion ripplenet transactions worth $7B. Really? average of $3.5 per transaction. This Ripplenet which all the banks are using

3. Ripplenet $7billion over three years. That is a few million per day out of trillions of dollars of flow

4. What does "on-board w/ ODL" mean? Using? Paying? Experimenting?

12 hours ago, strikerjax said:

There are 3rd gen blockchains coming in with better tech. There are almost here. Near protocol, Avalache, Algorand etc

They are fast and have smart contracts etc

The only thing Xrp has over them is the liquidity and the business relationships that Ripple has along with the market cap of Xrp.

I agree with you on this but like any coin they can simply improve their old protocol on a testnet then fork it to a newer standard that can do what the other protocols can do. That is what Ethereum is trying to do right now with their 2.0 protocol. I have to agree with the relationships part of what you said and that is the real asset Ripple's XRP asset has over most other protocols. 

As a side note, if you trade XRP on Bittrex it pumped to 0.415 last night filling some old orders I had on it :) . They sat there for awhile too, someone was hungry for XRP :) or it was a wash?

image.png.10892a619e6d2b3f47dc1eba4b959a05.png

12 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Banks are forever adopting new technology but they hate adopting technology that disintermediates them. That was one of the fundamental floors in the model, banks make lots of money from FX and payments because they are the intermediary and very often the liquidity provider or you lot would call them market makers

Wrong . Only a few banks make money through the current system. What you view as a negative is a supreme positive . Work on getting your own information straight before you comment on subjects . especially when you post as if what you say is a fact. New investors could read your false information and soak it up like a sponge. You probably heard that crap from somewhere yourself . Sad

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, MisterRipple said:

"We're still grasping straws, looking for fancy XRP detective vids on YouTube or twitter, connecting the dots, doing research just so we could speculate about how XRP could catapult itself into the financial market.. We keep our hopes high but sometimes it's better not to live true our rose tinted glasses and face truth? "

i guess this encapsulates it all, there are too many bloggers, detectives, dot connecting people, youtubers in the XRP bandwaggon. Also everyone is relying on Ripple to pull everything. The XRP space is growing but at a very slow pace, outside of Ripple´s reach (i.e., non-financed by Xpring).

other crypto projects have far more independent programmers helping the ecosystem and that is clearly lacking to XRP. Maybe we just need time (many more years).

Also seeing it objectively, the worst thing that happened to XRP was the 3-4$ pricing in early 2018, because it allowed many moonboys and dot-connecting conspirators to enter the XRP space. 

You cannot define progress by a single company, which they have zero accountability/responsability to XRP stakeholders (not shareholders).

Edited by buh
On 8/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, Karl said:

I think that the status as an asset in the US must first be clarified before XRP can be held or used by institutions globally.

I don't know if the delay in decision making is intentional or not.

I firmly believe it is intentional. There is no regulatory barrier in the US to using XRP, look at the USD to MXN corridor.

What they are scared of is going to court, having XRP declared a security and the having Brad and co criminally prosecuted for all those things he said which weren't true