Zerpers,

First of all this is not a FUD topic but rather a topic to get everyone's thoughts.

I'm a big believer in Ripple and XRP since early 2017.
When I first discovered Ripple it stood out from all other crypto projects because of their business strategy, brilliant people and down to earth vision.
Since 2017 it seemed that Ripple found traction into the banking and FI world, building their network, creating their pipelines with ripplenet and in some (small) cases utility with XRP.
Late 2019 & 2020 is a bit disappointing to say the least.. As this space is maturing (bit by bit) and the outside world is taking a closer look at the market it seems to me that Ripple is losing steam.
No significant progress have been made with XRP specifically since 2019. Ripple went from large treasure payments to low value payments, Moneygram was nothing more then a PR stunt imo and if you take a closer look at all communication that Ripple has send out this year, there's nothing new, no new partners (or very few), XRP isn't used by any other new players, frankly they are recycling old news over and over again, keeping us busy with blockstars podcasts, ripple drop video's, overall blockchain / crypto studies, their charity contributions, etc... 

Just scrol true Ripple's twitter page and you know what I mean.

I know that Brad is looking for regulations and clarity in the crypto space but they've came to a point where the interest in their product isn't so attractive anymore and a lot of financial institutions understood that XRP is Ripples moneymaker / cherry on the pie.
If Ripple is x times better, cheaper, faster etc.. other small & big players would have joined Ripplenet long time ago imo.
Ripple was created in 2012, 8 years down the road and there's still no sign of XRP being used in our day to day lives / financial industries.
Covid has nothing to do with that and don't mention the NDA's please.

We're still grasping straws, looking for fancy XRP detective vids on YouTube or twitter, connecting the dots, doing research just so we could speculate about how XRP could catapult itself into the financial market.. We keep our hopes high but sometimes it's better not to live true our rose tinted glasses and face truth? 

Of course I do hope that the tables will turn but it won't be this year, and it wasn't last year neither unlike Brad told us.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Kiir said:

That's strange, I bought in March 2017. and all I see is good news, every now and then.

I don't care about the current price, it's not a reflection of anything other than current demand from the general population.

In grand scheme of things (if the plans work out), they (we) are just icing on the cake.

The real game (and the only game, unless people start buying and bring the price into 2-3-4 digits on their own (lol)) starts with institutions, banks, companies, and so on, starting to use XRP.

Until then, it's on my ledger, waiting. 1 year, 5 years, 10, 20, 50? I don't care. If and when they succeed, me, my children, or someone from my family will get rich cause of it.

If the plans fail, well...who gives a f about X amount of money spent so many years ago. I spent what I considered immediately lost forever, so it's easy to wait.

You didn't get the message I think.
It's not about the price or investing.. it's about the overal progress XRP has made in the market (especially late 2019 and 2020).
Price will follow if progress and "real utility" come into play, but price isn't the topic here.

I think we're mostly experiencing Ripple distancing themselves from the Public eye and the insanity of young investors that comes with it. Lack of progress and lack of flaunting that progress can certainly be taken the wrong way.

Especially with Swell going on and not a peep about it. Perhaps the Ripple execs feel comfortably nested deep enough in the Fintech world that PR can take a step back for a bit.

There is just so much we don't know it's quite maddening

EDIT: speaking of progress.. what other Crypto is actually touching real fiat in the real world? Other than some staking ponzi trash? Sure 5 million a day moving through the ledger is bananas but again, is bitcoin settling fiat transaction instantly in the real world as we type? What is ETH doing besides building an unsustainable ecosystem around high gas fees?  

Edited by XRPwinning

I am a Long term Holder.

In answer to the OP, I think Ripple need to freshen up at the CEO level. It's not any slight on Brad, just sometimes it is time to change the leadership's face, reinvigorate and go again.

Ripple is becoming very Stale now. As I say nothing personal at all, but feel a fresh drive is required, as this is aiming to be a 'main stream software vendor, maybe a bit of a shake up is required...

There’s nothing wrong with the tech, that is the easy bit for Ripple. It’s the building of liquidity and on boarding of customers and navigating regulation. How long will that take? I don’t know - A long bloody time.

It seems that currently, the speculation has ran dry for XRP. In the mean time, get rich on more speculative assets. That’s what everyone else is doing.

36 minutes ago, XRPwinning said:

We say this coming from the public perspective. I wonder if any employees or management feels the same way. Maybe I just need to apply to Ripple. Should of did it 3 years ago..

I mean, I am talking as an XRP investor (read Gambler), but it’s not just XRP investors, but prospective Ripple customers that need the confidence that regulation and commercial peers and early adopters are having success with ripple software. Surely only that will make them purchase and adopt. Ripple’s current approach doesn’t appear to have achieved enough wider appeal/traction. Someone needs to do more IMHO to move Ripple away from a crypto competition and towards being seen as successful and innovative Business. 

1 hour ago, WarChest said:

In answer to the OP, I think Ripple need to freshen up at the CEO level. It's not any slight on Brad, just sometimes it is time to change the leadership's face, reinvigorate and go again.

I agree. Brad is wonderful and has done tremendous work building Ripple to where it is but perhaps its time to hand the baton off

1 hour ago, Flintstone said:

There’s nothing wrong with the tech, that is the easy bit for Ripple. It’s the building of liquidity and on boarding of customers and navigating regulation.

These two thoughts seem to counter each other. I understand the tech is functional and great but if it was mind blowingly awesome then liquidity would pour in based on the tech alone.

1 hour ago, Karl said:

I think that the status as an asset in the US must first be clarified before XRP can be held or used by institutions globally.

This may be the case. It is concerning that MGI and others have reversed course on XRP usage. Hoping it's the regulatory situation but doesn't sit well with me.

3 hours ago, MisterRipple said:

You didn't get the message I think.
It's not about the price or investing.. it's about the overal progress XRP has made in the market (especially late 2019 and 2020).
Price will follow if progress and "real utility" come into play, but price isn't the topic here.

the market is...tbd

There are 3rd gen blockchains coming in with better tech. There are almost here. Near protocol, Avalache, Algorand etc

They are fast and have smart contracts etc

The only thing Xrp has over them is the liquidity and the business relationships that Ripple has along with the market cap of Xrp.

Edited by strikerjax
4 hours ago, Karl said:

I think that the status as an asset in the US must first be clarified before XRP can be held or used by institutions globally.

I don't know if the delay in decision making is intentional or not.

When the USD is the global reserve, it matters.

The main problem for Ripple is that they were too ahead of their time. Banks are not going to quickly adopt a better solution to a problem, even when the solution saves them money. (David Schwartz mentioned this conclusion over twitter.) Banks are notoriously conservative and resistant to change. Ripple needs to pivot, which is what they are doing. But while Ripple has failed to gain bank adoption, other blockchain fintech solutions have appeared, endangering XRP's adoption prospects further. 

Bottom line: Don't expect XRP to moon any time soon. So far, banks like Ripple, but not XRP. By the time, the legal clarity is in place, XRP will likely be leapfrogged by other solutions.  

51 minutes ago, RippleFan4124 said:

Banks are not going to quickly adopt a better solution to a problem, even when the solution saves them money.

Banks are forever adopting new technology but they hate adopting technology that disintermediates them. That was one of the fundamental floors in the model, banks make lots of money from FX and payments because they are the intermediary and very often the liquidity provider or you lot would call them market makers