I want to check that I can access my XRP

39 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Why?   You have the key.  The XRPL will work as intended.  So the only question is “is my key the correct one?”

To find out,  you will need to either be literate in IT or trust some code in a wallet software to import your key.  If your key turns out to be wrong then you are stuffed.  If it’s right then you are fine.

So why bother testing it?    

Because I want to use my ledger nano X to manage my XRP and setup my spark/flare drop?   I am confident my secret key is fine, although I have no real issue checking that I will obviously be taking that step while moving it to my nano address.  Does this not make sense (serious question)?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't use the minimalist-ripple-client, it's not safe. See here: https://github.com/jatchili/minimalist-ripple-client/issues/24 You can validate an XRP secret/seed and it's corresponding public a

Hello ,  @SimpleXRPTools.     @JASCoder My secret key was rekeyed and disabled by mistake by Minimalist ripple client . New master key starting with 3 never found . But kept the original key

Thanks for your input and suggestions, I'll check them out. I've been nervous these last few years in using that old tool, but too lazy to pursue an upgrade  

@meegwell You might find this useful https://xrpcommunity.blog/bithomp-tools-using-offline-mode/  Bithomp 0.5.0 is the latest and final release. Do a payment instead of settings like in the article. Send some XRP to your preferred exchange address Edit: or your Ledger address (don't forget destination tag for exchange wallet). If the XRP gets there, you'll know your secret key is good and that you have the capability to do so again when the time comes ;) 

Highly recommend an airgapped computer.

Regarding xrptoolkit, It only supports Ledger hardware wallets or wallets imported into XUMM. So you would have to download/install XUMM and import your paper wallet.

Edited by Flintstone
44 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Why?   You have the key.  The XRPL will work as intended.  So the only question is “is my key the correct one?”

To find out,  you will need to either be literate in IT or trust some code in a wallet software to import your key.  If your key turns out to be wrong then you are stuffed.  If it’s right then you are fine.

So why bother testing it?    

I assume you phrased up your answer based on my original subject line only, and not my actual question, so that is understandable.  Sorry for the confusion.

1 minute ago, Flintstone said:

@meegwell You might find this useful https://xrpcommunity.blog/bithomp-tools-using-offline-mode/  Bithomp 0.5.0 is the latest and final release. Do a payment instead of settings like in the article. Send some XRP to your preferred exchange address (don't forget destination tag). If the XRP gets there, you'll know your secret key is good and that you have the capability to do so again when the time comes ;) 

Highly recommend an airgapped computer.

Regarding xrptoolkit, It only supports Ledger hardware wallets or wallets imported into XUMM. So you would have to download/install XUMM and import your paper wallet.

I think this is what I need, and what makes me feel safe.  I'll bust out my Commodore Vic-20 and unplug it from the modem.  Nobody getting in there :)

10 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

@meegwell Notice the edit to my post ;) 

Thanks....but for the tools I get:

"

The project "Bithomp tools" is discontinued because it's technical capabilities no longer meet the needs of the modern marketplace. 

It is recommended to use hardware wallets. 

If you have a papper wallet you can also download XUMM app on your mobile and import your paper wallet there.

:(

13 hours ago, meegwell said:

I still haven't figured out how to do this so I am coming back to some of my previous posts.

Have you had a look at my tools at https://github.com/SimpleXRPTools/SimpleXRPTools ?

You can validate that your 'Public Address' and 'Secret/Seed' match and also use them to send XRP anywhere you'd like. Download the code and run the html pages in Google Chrome. Other instructions are included on the html pages.

When it comes time to enter your 'Secret/Seed', try to do this on an offline, "air-gapped" computer or device.