Jump to content

Flare networks - Spark token to XRP holders


RecentChange
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, DavyJones said:

No. Most people are not in it for the tech. They just want to safely store their investment and need an easy to use interface for that.

I would have agreed with you up until PayID was released. That's because I'm tired of using different apps to make domestic and international payments with. I use different apps for various reasons: vendors and sellers having a favorite payment rail or due to different payment rails having different fees and choose the cheapest one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, jargoman said:

every 1% increase in price I sell 1% my stack, just as you can cut something in half infinite times you can sell 1% of your stack infinite times. 

every 1% decrease in price I buy back what I just sold 1% cheaper. 

except I use a computer program to do this algorithmically. with this strategy I'm trading 1% of my stack every day, 24/7 365 which results in a continuous stream of profit. 

instead of holding my XRP waiting for the price to move I place orders on the orderbook ahead of time and I use a bot to attach a "rule" to each order of what should be done if the order fills. In the case above the 'rule' would be "buy back 1% cheaper"



look at the trading history of account rBuDDpdVBt57JbyfXbs8gjWvp4ScKssHzx and you'll see a live example. Wait for one of my orders to fill and you'll see my bot will place an order to rebuy @ 1.2% cheaper. You'll also see that account is at sequence 137556 meaning I've submitted  over a hundred thousand transactions to the network on that account alone. 

Go to the BTC:bitstamp/XRP orderbook and hover your mouse over the orders to see which orders belong to account rBuDDpdVBt57JbyfXbs8gjWvp4ScKssHzx
https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/BTC:rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B/XRP?interval=5m&range=1d&type=candlestick
you'll see that 90% of the orders belong to me and the majority of trades that happen involve me. 

I make money from the "noise". The more volatile the asset, the more money I make which makes XRP perfect for this strategy. 

If everyone did this XRP's liquidity issues would be solved and odl could use the ledger to source liquidity. I think coil will use the ledger for liquidity in the future. 

I can't wait for the stocks to be traded on the ledger. One set of tools to trade 30,000 stocks. I'll make bank

You need to select two assets to trade. I trade XRP/BTC both will likely increase in value so I don't care which I hold. 

If xrp is going to ath again which I believe it will within 6 months to 3 years then simply holding XRP will make you more money than the strategy would, to some degree. It's possible to double your XRP and place your original XRP in cold storage. I've already tripled my XRP doing this. During the last bull run I was increasing my stack by 10% every month because my orders where filling one after another every second or two. I had a $200,000 stack so I was making around $20,000 a month. 

You need a big stack which is why loading up on XRP while it's cheap is a really good idea
 

I like this strategy (using the noise) as far as I am able to figure it out. I'm quite new to developing, so writing my own trading program with a few $$$ at stake could be fun.

When you say "every 1% increase in price I sell 1% my stack", you must've started somewhere right, or do you have multiple orders at any given time? Did you just decide what price point to set at 0% when you started to run your program? Did you write your own program?

I've run the numbers, but you must be working with different numbers from the 1%, because that just doesn't add up keeping commission in mind:

1000 XRP @ 0,3 = 300
1000 XRP @ 0,303 = 303 (1% price increase)
990 XRP @ 0,303 + 3,03 cash = 303 (sell 1%)
990 XRP @ 0,29997 + 3,03 cash = 300,0003 (1% price decrease)
1000 XRP @ 0,29997 + 0,0303 cash = 300,0003 (buy 1%) OR 1000,101 XRP @ 0,29997 + 0 cash (buy max)

This would point to a 0.01% increase of your stack. Is that really what you're going for?

Could you elaborate?
 

Edited by Gambaard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gambaard said:

I like this strategy (using the noise) as far as I am able to figure it out. I'm quite new to developing, so writing my own trading program with a few $$$ at stake could be fun.

When you say "every 1% increase in price I sell 1% my stack", you must've started somewhere right, or do you have multiple orders at any given time? Did you just decide what price point to set at 0% when you started to run your program? Did you write your own program?

I've run the numbers, but you must be working with different numbers from the 1%, because that just doesn't add up keeping commission in mind:

1000 XRP @ 0,3 = 300
1000 XRP @ 0,303 = 303 (1% price increase)
990 XRP @ 0,303 + 3,03 cash = 303 (sell 1%)
990 XRP @ 0,29997 + 3,03 cash = 300,0003 (1% price decrease)
1000 XRP @ 0,29997 + 0,0303 cash = 300,0003 (buy 1%) OR 1000,101 XRP @ 0,29997 + 0 cash (buy max)

This would point to a 0.01% increase of your stack. Is that really what you're going for?

Could you elaborate?
 


I start with two assets I like. I hold equal amounts of both and start at what ever the current price is. I cascade my orders up and down the orderbook ahead of time. I used 1% as an example, I actually cascade orders every 0.2% change with a 1% spread between buys and sells. I've made more money in the short run setting my rebuy rule to 2% profit it depends on volatility, there's lots of market making theory that applies, the "beta" of the investment should dictate your strategy.

I have an app for automating this using "rules" it's GUI so no coding involved. The apps official release had been delayed due to lack of regulation. Still trying to come up with a fair monetization strategy. I'm interested in flare because that may be the monetization opportunity I need. Perhaps offering margin trading on ledger using smart contracts. 

Yes with the strategy I presented I'd make 0.01% per trade. but since you're buying back an additional 1% in profit, the next time that order fills you make 0.0101%, then 0.0102% and so on. Compounding the gains, that's where the money is made. You have to stick to the strategy a while to really kick things in gear. But say 10 orders fill a day during high volumes. That's 0.1% a day. Which is 36.5% a year. 

Also often the price dumps very quickly filling many orders at once. The bot may enter an order to rebuy @ 1% cheaper but if the price has changed drastically since the order filled it may end up being a 2-3% profit. 

No strategy is perfect. They all have risks. This is my preferred strategy. I trade by hand on the side but mostly for initial buy in and for locking in profits. The one example I gave would be if I shorted XRP to lock in gains yet kept trading

Automation is strategy agnostic. Example for USD/XRP I sell @ 2% profit and rebuy at 1% profit trading in line with the overall uptrend. You could come up with any strategy you want. Automation simply makes your job easier. I used to enter orders all day every day with a calculator util one day my ex was asking me to get off my computer and said, surely as a developer you could automate this process somehow. 

If time = money automation makes money in itself. 

If you're interested follow my profile, eventually I'll release a stable version and some tutorials. 

or if you are a developer maybe you could help me. What languages do you know? I work in c#, javascript/react for XRP related projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, jargoman said:


I start with two assets I like. I hold equal amounts of both and start at what ever the current price is. I cascade my orders up and down the orderbook ahead of time. I used 1% as an example, I actually cascade orders every 0.2% change with a 1% spread between buys and sells. I've made more money in the short run setting my rebuy rule to 2% profit it depends on volatility, there's lots of market making theory that applies, the "beta" of the investment should dictate your strategy.

I have an app for automating this using "rules" it's GUI so no coding involved. The apps official release had been delayed due to lack of regulation. Still trying to come up with a fair monetization strategy. I'm interested in flare because that may be the monetization opportunity I need. Perhaps offering margin trading on ledger using smart contracts. 

Yes with the strategy I presented I'd make 0.01% per trade. but since you're buying back an additional 1% in profit, the next time that order fills you make 0.0101%, then 0.0102% and so on. Compounding the gains, that's where the money is made. You have to stick to the strategy a while to really kick things in gear. But say 10 orders fill a day during high volumes. That's 0.1% a day. Which is 36.5% a year. 

Also often the price dumps very quickly filling many orders at once. The bot may enter an order to rebuy @ 1% cheaper but if the price has changed drastically since the order filled it may end up being a 2-3% profit. 

No strategy is perfect. They all have risks. This is my preferred strategy. I trade by hand on the side but mostly for initial buy in and for locking in profits. The one example I gave would be if I shorted XRP to lock in gains yet kept trading

Automation is strategy agnostic. Example for USD/XRP I sell @ 2% profit and rebuy at 1% profit trading in line with the overall uptrend. You could come up with any strategy you want. Automation simply makes your job easier. I used to enter orders all day every day with a calculator util one day my ex was asking me to get off my computer and said, surely as a developer you could automate this process somehow. 

If time = money automation makes money in itself. 

If you're interested follow my profile, eventually I'll release a stable version and some tutorials. 

or if you are a developer maybe you could help me. What languages do you know? I work in c#, javascript/react for XRP related projects.

This is amazing, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Good to hear that my initial scepticism about the exact % was correct. I'm thinking I might set up several 'bots' that differentiate in what % to follow.
I am a beginning programmer, currently learning Python. Again, it would be more of a pet project (to learn coding) rather than going for a bigger stack, but who knows what might come of it. If I get anywhere significant I'll definitely let you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

What did you do with your ALV?

Sold most and put the rest in cold storage. rn3KLJY2AfHP5mjfHfn5QXNUn9VvFqihLK

I used the key to set the trustline but removed the key from my computer after

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jargoman said:

Sold most and put the rest in cold storage. rn3KLJY2AfHP5mjfHfn5QXNUn9VvFqihLK

I used the key to set the trustline but removed the key from my computer after

I considered them virtually useless so in a fit of ennui removed the trust line.  Does anyone know what happens to them?  If the trust line is restored do they re-appear?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

I considered them virtually useless so in a fit of ennui removed the trust line.  Does anyone know what happens to them?  If the trust line is restored do they re-appear?

When you remove a trustline you still hold the asset. It stops people from being able to pay you in that asset and stops rippling from increasing your balance. Your balance could increase if you have an open order to buy alv, creating a buy order is an implicit trustline for the amount you are trying to buy. 

Edited by jargoman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jargoman said:


If you're interested follow my profile, eventually I'll release a stable version and some tutorials. 

or if you are a developer maybe you could help me. What languages do you know? I work in c#, javascript/react for XRP related projects.

Hey friend, thanks for the gift of your time and effort at sharing with us your pursuits and experience. That is very generous of you.

I followed you on Github, and plan to peruse your ihilda_community_editon_alpha repo. That is quite the voluminous check in !

I too have been sucked in to the idea of the automated trading. I almost signed up for the Crypto Crow's app, but am still working on some POCs in PHP. Have your reviewed what they've done ?

Curious of your thoughts, but we are getting so far off topic on this thread lol...

Perhaps we should start a Club group here at XRPCHAT, for birds of a feather in this topic. Something like...
"Programatic Traders Unlimited" :)

If you are interested, LMK here, and I'll research up how to create one, and get it created and started - or you can volunteer if you like. 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

I considered them virtually useless so in a fit of ennui removed the trust line.  Does anyone know what happens to them?  If the trust line is restored do they re-appear?

I think there was a "hack"/attack vector that existed for a while using leftover SnapSwap IOUs and Rippling. Dont remember the details of How it worked.

If I remember right, it was fixed with an adjustment to the Trust Line code.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Hey friend, thanks for the gift of your time and effort at sharing with us your pursuits and experience. That is very generous of you.

I followed you on Github, and plan to peruse your ihilda_community_editon_alpha repo. That is quite the voluminous check in !

I too have been sucked in to the idea of the automated trading. I almost signed up for the Crypto Crow's app, but am still working on some POCs in PHP. Have your reviewed what they've done ?

Curious of your thoughts, but we are getting so far off topic on this thread lol...

Perhaps we should start a Club group here at XRPCHAT, for birds of a feather in this topic. Something like...
"Programatic Traders Unlimited" :)

If you are interested, LMK here, and I'll research up how to create one, and get it created and started - or you can volunteer if you like. 

Cheers

Sure. I'm fairly busy working on these apps. I trade on the side so I visit this site for news and help people if I can to get my post count up and my profile in good standing. 

Side note:
I'm probably the only person in the world who has the XRP symbol tattooed to my face. I'm here for the long haul. Not going anywhere. I think XRP has lots of room to grow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's one thing about the flare giveaway that people aren't considering. 

Will R3 get 1 billion flare?

Will SBI receive flare?

Arrington capital? 

If all the institutions who are holding XRP receive flare then why would they use chainlink, they would use flare.

XRP + flare
ETH + chainlink

flare might have chainlink type gains. 

Also whats to stop FI's from buying XRP ahead of time to ensure they receive flare. XRP is a Godsend right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jargoman said:

XRP + flare
ETH + chainlink

I don't think this is quite right.

As far as I know, Chainlink is blockchain agnostic, so (in theory) could be used for any smart contract system.

While Flare definitely talks about having oracles, they don't specifically mention the ability to make oracles for any purpose. They only mention the oracles that will exist to support their FXRP system. (Let me know if I'm wrong about this.)

Basically, Chainlink is an oracle solution and Flare is a smart contract solution.

I'm really impressed by the Flare system, but part of me thinks that no one will trust it until they're fully owned by, and branded as, Ripple. Until then it'll just seem like some experiment that might shut down at any moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jargoman said:



Side note:
I'm probably the only person in the world who has the XRP symbol tattooed to my face. I'm here for the long haul. Not going anywhere. I think XRP has lots of room to grow

So... You're the responsible of people not wanting to buy XRP ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.