Flare networks - Spark token to XRP holders

RecentChange

Seeing more about how this airdrop will happen - if we opt to use an exchange to participate, will we have to leave our XRP there the entire 2-3 year timeframe for the airdrop?  Since we only receive 15% of whatever we would at the initial drop?

49 minutes ago, Warg said:

As someone holding XRP on a Nano USB stick. Is there any safe way of receiving the airdrop without moving my XRP somewhere or in the slightest compromising on security?

Well one thing you could do is...   nothing.    So long as you are holding them then you will have the right to claim the airdrop later.    Only the first 15% is going to be released at first month anyway.  Rest over 2 - 3 years.

The actual Flare network won’t fire up till somewhere in first half of 2021.  During that time presumably the Flare wallet options will be increasing and the dust will have settled.  Your right to claim won’t expire until 11th June 2021.

I should add that you only need to hold them through the snapshot date...   after that so long as you still own the account,  and can put in the address you want them delivered to,  you will be ok.

(That’s my understanding anyway...  I’m not as clear on that point as I am on the others.)

Need a little help.  I created an ETH address just now using MEW, input it using Xrp toolkit, did the message key thing using my nano s.  When I go to confirm using xrpscan, nothing is found.  What must I do now?  What address do I put in to xrpscan to confirm?  I tried the eth compatible, and the flare address but nothing... damn it I’m so confused by this

Edited by Braulio

1 hour ago, Flintstone said:

Can you elaborate on this step please?

If you follow these instructions, you shouldn’t have any problems. https://flare.wietse.com/

Type your public address in to Bithomp Explorer afterwards to check if Flare is enabled.

I followed wietse’s directions and it worked well, it seems.  Problem seems when I verify I can’t find anything. What address do I put into Bithomp, my MEW created public eth address?

Edited by Braulio

55 minutes ago, Braulio said:

Ok, I put it in and see flare is created for it.  I don’t understand it at all.  Hopefully, this is safe to do.  Thanks for helping.

Flare is going to be a seperate network that can “see” the XRP ledger network.  So you have publicised the Etherium type address into your XRP account so that when they are ready,  Flare can see where on their network (ie the Etherium type address) they should allocate the Spark.

You look in Bithomp at the XRP address because that is where you have “publicised” your desired new Flare address.  Hope that made it clearer and not worse.  

Ask away if I made it worse.  :) 

On 11/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, BillyOckham said:

Flare is going to be a seperate network that can “see” the XRP ledger network.  So you have publicised the Etherium type address into your XRP account so that when they are ready,  Flare can see where on their network (ie the Etherium type address) they should allocate the Spark.

You look in Bithomp at the XRP address because that is where you have “publicised” your desired new Flare address.  Hope that made it clearer and not worse.  

Ask away if I made it worse.  :) 

Hi BillyOckham,

Your posted replies have been very helpful for me so far - thanks!

Quick question...

The step that requires an "Ethereum type address"...

I'm using my Ledger Nano, so can I simply install the "ETH" app from Ledger Live and install that onto my Nano? Would this "ETH" app qualify as an "ETH type address" for this Spark airdrop?

Also, will the Spark tokens get deposited into this "ETH" wallet on my Ledger once they are released?