Appreciation/Volatility or Utility/Stability?

Btw,  when you first made the claim you were basically saying that XRP won’t be going up in price, hence it’s the Rock against the hard place.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:45 AM, Valhalla_Guy said:

This post revisits the same issue from 2 years ago. It is another XRP paradox, similar to the escrow.

However this paradox only concerns holders, as it seems they are between a

ROCK: (XRP adoption requires a stable price in order to be utilized and become valuable)

and a HARD place: (Holders believe that XRP utility and adoption will skyrocket the price approx 5-10X so they can dump their bags)

If nothing else, folks on this site should hope for XRP around $1.00 US, because at that point I am happily out.

So you are saying that it is stable, it definitely can’t go exponential.  (Which is interesting since it’s already done it twice before.  :) )

I think you need to clarify ‘stable’ since I’m sure you will shortly be wanting to wriggle out of your erroneous claims by moving the stable goal post.  So please clarify what stable means.  (Although it’s clear in your post that it means one dollar upper price in the context of the post)

2 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

you first made the claim you were basically saying that XRP won’t be going up in price,

2 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

So you are saying that it is stable, it definitely can’t go exponential.  (Which is interesting since it’s already done it twice before.  

No I said "XRP adoption requires a stable price in order to be utilized and become valuable"

There is no "can't" or "won't" or any price predictions within that sentence. There is a world of difference between the word value and price

Finally; a large FI or MM could still easily lose thousands of dollars in the "3 seconds it takes for XRP to settle"  depending on Tx size

)BTW: I also said you only listen to your inside voice, which you just proved again.:rolleyes:)

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

No I said "XRP adoption requires a stable price in order to be utilized and become valuable"

There is no "can't" or "won't" or any price predictions within that sentence. There is a world of difference between the word value and price

Finally; a large FI or MM could still easily lose thousands of dollars in the "3 seconds it takes for XRP to settle"  depending on Tx size

)BTW: I also said you only listen to your inside voice, which you just proved again.:rolleyes:)

Sigh.  As predicted...  moved the goal posts.  You start with a flat out statement that infers XRP holders are screwed because they are between a rock and a hard place.  The rock by your inference is there will be no price rise because (and again you have no basis for this claim) Ripple need a stable price to foster adoption.  I call you on it because I know that is unsupportable.

Again, if they said that, where did they say it?

Then you bring up the old saw, ‘price‘ and ‘value‘ and want to weasel on to the side that supports your unsupported claim.

Next you bring up a fantasy situation where some unstated Fi can lose thousands of dollars.  Ok, how?  ODL has a set price transaction.  Even if it wasn’t, (and I’ll admit the statements around that aspect ARE hazy, ) then how much volatility is needed on a transaction to create thousands as a loss during three seconds?  And lastly, what is the comparison of risk of that versus traditional methods over days?

Then, finally, having no actual facts to marshal, you resort once again to disparage the man rather than the argument.  I await an actual fact...  probably in vain.

12 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Sigh.  As predicted...  moved the goal posts.  You start with a flat out statement that infers XRP holders are screwed because they are between a rock and a hard place.  The rock by your inference is there will be no price rise because (and again you have no basis for this claim) Ripple need a stable price to foster adoption.  I call you on it because I know that is unsupportable.

Again, if they said that, where did they say it?

Then you bring up the old saw, ‘price‘ and ‘value‘ and want to weasel on to the side that supports your unsupported claim.

Next you bring up a fantasy situation where some unstated Fi can lose thousands of dollars.  Ok, how?  ODL has a set price transaction.  Even if it wasn’t, (and I’ll admit the statements around that aspect ARE hazy, ) then how much volatility is needed on a transaction to create thousands as a loss during three seconds?  And lastly, what is the comparison of risk of that versus traditional methods over days?

Then, finally, having no actual facts to marshal, you resort once again to disparage the man rather than the argument.  I await an actual fact...  probably in vain.

Click the “search” icon in XRP Chat and type the letters V O L I T I L E.  (With no spaces)

go to your favorite search engine and type “Brad Garlinghouse stable”. 

Go back to Feb 2018 and watch susperstar Brad  ( I believe you would refer to him as “dreamy”) on TV and how often he talked down the price spike and stated they want XRP to be stable so professionals can trust it. 

The words and interviews are out there but you will not understand them because you do not accept any information that goes against your inner voice. 

BTW a 1cent change in XRP price equates to a $1,000 loss if 100,000 XRP are sent. Today 100000 XRP is only $30,000, meaning you lost over 3% of your transaction in 3 seconds.

This is all old news, and the main reason xRapid was such a flop. History is real, unfortunately Americans want their history clean and simple, so they quickly erase what they do not like or understand. Ironically this is the best way to guarantee it will be repeated.

RL is on the right track, and will be extremely successful, but like Mr. Garlinghouse always says, XRP has nothing to do with RL, “Ripple is a software company and can survive with or without XRP utility” He also says “XRP can survive with or without RL” 

You really should listen to his words, it really helps clarify why RL has so many success stories and customers, but very little XRP adoption or usage.

5 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Click the “search” icon in XRP Chat and type the letters V O L I T I L E.  (With no spaces)

Ok we are done then.  You make a baseless claim, are called on it and can not bring a shred of evidence to support it.