Q2 2020 XRP markets report

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Ripple is not a public company so they are in no way obligated to even make a report for the public, yet they do, as limited as this one is. Only ones they should give deeper information are the shareholders.

You seem to be of the category that wants to know every financial figure, partnership status and future strategy and have it all confirmed in official documents before something could be a good investment. Problem is, once those things are shared you are too late.

Investing in this market is seeing future potential (or just riding the speculative waves for now) of an asset. If you knew it all, there is no risk. And somehow the amount of risk is linked to the potential. Could we all be burned, ofcourse very possible. Could we profit? I'm putting my bet on that, otherwise I would just sell and go on.

If price is your compass you will sail in the wrong direction.

You need to read my post again (slowly) I am not complaining about the lack of details... I am complaining about how the LACK OF DETAILS is portrayed on this site as magical proof that XRP is working and everything RL is wonderful. The experts on this site take this complete lack of detail and try to fly to the moon with it.
You then foolishly step up, without comprehension of my post, and take your own spectacular flying leap, defending the principles of private business reporting, and RL’s integrity, without any cause to do so.😂

Just another “expert” re-enforcing my point that comprehension is secondary to emotions on this site. Thanks 🙏 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This report looks good, but yet again 0 info on actual numbers. So, they are buying back xrp. How much did they buy? $1,000 or $10,000,000? It is so vague.  This repost is like a bikini. It

https://ripple.com/insights/q2-2020-xrp-markets-report/  

Ripple dump XRP in the market all the time. They are here to sell only RippleNet software and we are chumps paying for it.     Oh wait... They're buying back XRP from the secondary mark

21 hours ago, Flintstone said:

Are you in yet? Or are you still waiting for ODL volume?

Of course I'm still waiting for fundamentals dummy :p you really don't want any of that? We're in the hype moonboi phase again so fundamentals sadly don't matter for the time being. I'm waiting for your roulette money for now though. And then after the bubble bursts again and we go back to x million actual utility volume per day I'll go back in. I'm sure you'll hold and ride it right back to 20 cents together with the x million in daily volume. 

Noticed the volume going up any week after they've shut down that extremely hugely successful XRP promotion? You might have some different charts. Which company wouldn't shut down a very lucrative and successful product with the 2nd largest player in remittances (the key use-case for Ripple) to try to find a more niche and slower way of adoption?

On 8/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, Julian_Williams said:

I employ three people.  I export about 200,000 k per year.  My distributors pay me monthly.  They will absolutely love the ability to pay through an ODL API and take to such a system like a duck to water.

SMEs do not have to buy XRP, Know about ODL or be crypto geeks to benefit.  They need APIs that do the work under the bonnet.   These people meet at trade shows and they will tell each other about cross border payment Aps an they will adopt them very fast once they become easy to download and use.

So are you using "that" API yet? I don't really get how this great API with all these ODL benefits has not taken of yet. Or perhaps still is under development.

You export 200 000 000 ? Or 200 k? Do you have small or bigger purchases? That number doesn't say too much unless it's 200m (I bet it's the first).

This could all very well be true and be positive but my main point it stays what it is: future potential. At some point that potential has to turn into something real. Again, I'm not seeing it yet. And Ripple first spending time on trying large treasury payments and then pivoting to SMEs is a setback even if it's only in time.

Still hoping for anything substantial to actually happen. Not people buying crypto and hoping it just goes up in price. I know it's crazy wanting the price backed by something.

Edited by SquaryBone
22 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

I know it's crazy wanting the price backed by something.

But which crypto is backed by anything? I can only think of stable-coins, but if they are not backed by other crypto's I don't see them as crypto's...

12 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Well there is no mass retail XRP adoption. :s There's just speculators. Ripple is not working retail use-cases. And they're the most likely to drive price for XRP. Even people in crypto don't use crypto to pay for things (please don't start about those very few exceptions as we're talking about "mass retail adoption").

I'm not talking about xrpchat. I'm seeing the moonbois and ridiculous numbers are coming back up and pie in the skies over all crapto-media. It has died a bit out for a while but they're back. This is the next wave. And they'll end up here again creating topics "the fuse has been lit", ... perhaps they'll shut the internet down to switch over to ripplenet  and that's why there were/are lockdowns so people would start using all the internet bandwidth and they'd have an excuse for shutting it down (actual statement from one of those r-tarded youtubers not very long ago). I'm talking 40k of these *****.

Usually fads don't stay for 10 years. You can say the same for XRP though. Your analogy actually fits XRP very well. 20cents, they have fun, goes to 3$, they wake up one morning and back to 20 cents.

Let wait another decade and see how this plays out. I don't rule out BTC yet. You can if you want. To each his own.

There is adoption, but XRP's use case is susceptible to global pandemics, particularly the remittance aspect of the use case.

That's true. I see it on youtube, but XRP is not the only crypto getting this treatment, many others as well (altcoins) are being hyped because people feel BTC's back in the start of its next bull cycle. I don't think it will be as bad this time because there are a lot more cryptos to choose from now.  The global crypto market cap right now is 358B USD. At its peak in 2017 it was 830B USD, the bull run has just started and we've already reached 43% the level of the ATH global market cap, yet that value is spread among many more cryptos now.   We also have institutional investors bringing a stabilizing factor to cryptos as well as global regulations, and the pandemic is helping curb "lotto fever".  However, you could be right because the bull run in which most cryptos die off hasn't occurred yet, but I think that's due to regulatory uncertainty in most cryptos.  Once that's eventually settled and crypto use cases reach significant maturity we might see a final bull run that decides the cream of the crop, and kills off most others. I don't know if the next bull run if there is one that will peak in late 21 will be the deciding one - I doubt it because '21 is a little early for crypto use cases to reach significant maturity,  so some subsequent bull run to '21 will likely be the one that decides the major players, I'm guessing at the earliest the bull run in 2025, if BTC is still leading by then. 

BTC is a fad because it has no use case.  It is just a speculative cryptographic asset with scarcity and a store of value use case as a hedge against hyperinflation, and for occasional large-value purchases because of its high fees and slow settlement times; other than that, it's just a speculative asset, whose creation and survival creates huge amounts of waste of resources via it's power needs to keep the network secure.  That's the only uses I've seen from BTC other than sketchy silk-road purchases. Many people love it because it's hard for them to forget their first 'love'.  Just because you have a favorite "something" that you've had for years doesn't mean it's the best of it's class or will remain that way if it is. XRP and XLM are the two of the few crypto trying to solve one of the biggest existing legacy problems, but other projects like Chainlink for example, are not even solving a legacy problem - it's trying to solve a crypto problem that doesn't really exist yet because crypto is still in its early stages.  Same goes for other projects like Golem, which is worse than Chainlink because they haven't figured how to allocate computing resources to construct a global virtual supercomputer in which you can pay for computing time resources.  They have to solve that problem first before they can get anywhere with the project.

XRP is not BTC.   BTC is more about price than XRP although XRP's use case  of course works better and better the higher the value XRP goes; however XRPL's security depends very minimally on price, unlike BTC in which the price must be high; otherwise the security of the network can be compromised via a 51% attack, so it always has to work at full power even when no transactions are flowing, as its security is susceptible to lack of mining power at full force at all times which makes it vulnerable if there is ever a very large fall in price. 

It will play out much sooner than that if regulations don't stall this space a few more years. The infrastructure is already there (internet), it's a matter of building the protocols and then services on them, and seeing new markets grow. 

I do. I know that BTC's days as a numbered as being ranked #1. It can't stay number one forever. The question is how soon will it lose it's number one position once dapp platforms come into maturity, XRP takes a significant market share from SWIFT, etc?

The only way I see BTC staying number one a long time is if it extends it's utility through borrowing it via sidechain from much better networks.  But why take a Model A Ford and try to update that car as much as possible knowing that it has a sh*tty PoW foundation. Yeah, you get security, but look at all the expense, and for what?  BTC cannot replace fiat.  It does not has self-regulating controls over its supply and demand, so it will always behave like stocks, and as it gets bigger market cap it's price will become more stable, but it will still act like a blue-chip stock.  The point being, BTC is a very poor replacement for fiat unless you are one of the unfortunate living in places like Venezuela.  BTC will provide more hedging functionality as it's price goes up and stabilizes, but that's it - it will not replace fiat.

Correction: 

Comparing BTC to stock is not an accurate comparison.  It's a comparison I've done in the past, but don't give it much thought.  With stocks, you have underlying ownership of the company and can vote.  The company can issue more stocks (inflating the existing circulation), the can do stock buy backs and put them out of circulation temporarily or permanently, deflating the circulation, and increasing the price.  They can also do stock splits; e.g., 2-to-1 stock split, doubling the circulating supply by double shareholders stocks. 

The best comparison I can come up with for BTC is that it is a digital version of a hard commodity like gold, but with a finite and known limited supply, so it's better than gold in that respect. Gold does have value as a scarce commodity particularly because  it is resistant to natural degradation over very long periods of times, unlike most other elements (metals) on the periodic table, so it makes it a great long term store of value, but it's better than BTC in that you don't have to spend gobs of cash in electrical costs (using up natural resources actually) to maintain it's scarcity, utility and value. 

Edited by enrique11
additional comment at end of post to correct highlighted statement
4 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Of course I'm still waiting for fundamentals dummy :p you really don't want any of that? We're in the hype moonboi phase again so fundamentals sadly don't matter for the time being. I'm waiting for your roulette money for now though. And then after the bubble bursts again and we go back to x million actual utility volume per day I'll go back in. I'm sure you'll hold and ride it right back to 20 cents together with the x million in daily volume. 

Noticed the volume going up any week after they've shut down that extremely hugely successful XRP promotion? You might have some different charts. Which company wouldn't shut down a very lucrative and successful product with the 2nd largest player in remittances (the key use-case for Ripple) to try to find a more niche and slower way of adoption?

How much volume will it take to move the price and how long to reach that amount of volume?

Two unanswerable questions right there. Be damned if I’m waiting for the ice caps to melt when there’s prime surfing to be had.

I’ll definitely be cashing out 2 x tax free amounts if the price reaches $1.50. My DCA is $0.20 so have a bit of flexibility.

Edited by Flintstone
7 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You need to read my post again (slowly) I am not complaining about the lack of details... I am complaining about how the LACK OF DETAILS is portrayed on this site as magical proof that XRP is working and everything RL is wonderful. The experts on this site take this complete lack of detail and try to fly to the moon with it.
You then foolishly step up, without comprehension of my post, and take your own spectacular flying leap, defending the principles of private business reporting, and RL’s integrity, without any cause to do so.😂

Just another “expert” re-enforcing my point that comprehension is secondary to emotions on this site. Thanks 🙏 

lol....I think most of us, particularly the 'old timers'  in this space are nuts.   We got into cryptos very early when others would laugh in our faces; e.g., our friends, and to a lesser extent our family. ;)  We definitely took a similar leap of faith when we got into cryptos so early.  At least I can say that for myself.  I knew the technology was valuable when I first got into it, but had no clue at the time as to how that value would manifest itself over the long term. It was pure speculation back then...I feel less speculative about it these days, but still a significant doubt about value manifestation in the future and what forms it will take, but not as bad as when I first started out completely clueless if this tech would take off in the future. I saw the value in theory, but not in practice. Hopefully that will change over the next 5 to 10 years.

Edited by enrique11
On 8/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, Kiwi said:

This report looks good, but yet again 0 info on actual numbers.

So, they are buying back xrp. How much did they buy? $1,000 or $10,000,000? It is so vague. 

This repost is like a bikini. It shows us everything, but hides the most important thing. 

Why is so hard to give actual numbers??? 

ODL volume in this corridor is XXX, in this YYY. This is an increase of ZZZ compared to H12019. In last XXX months we bought back YYY xrps from exchange XXX.

This is how a report should look like. 

Kiwi, you're finally "talking" after all this time...that caught me off guard.  Didn't know you had a "voice"; I was so used to your "confusion emoticons". ;P

Edited by enrique11
9 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

So are you using "that" API yet? I don't really get how this great API with all these ODL benefits has not taken of yet. Or perhaps still is under development.

You export 200 000 000 ? Or 200 k? Do you have small or bigger purchases? That number doesn't say too much unless it's 200m (I bet it's the first).

This could all very well be true and be positive but my main point it stays what it is: future potential. At some point that potential has to turn into something real. Again, I'm not seeing it yet. And Ripple first spending time on trying large treasury payments and then pivoting to SMEs is a setback even if it's only in time.

Still hoping for anything substantial to actually happen. Not people buying crypto and hoping it just goes up in price. I know it's crazy wanting the price backed by something.

200k  - we are tiny, but my point is even tiny companies like ours are waiting for this sort of cross border technology

On 8/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, Dogowner5 said:

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree.  The market buys are most likely (in my opinion) to be ODL corridor start related.  Ripple doing market making when it isn’t possible in the early stages for a normal MM company to do so.  Initial pump priming stuff.

Its a ludicrous idea to think that Ripple would feel a need to buy XRP for anything other than operational reasons.  And they have said for years that they wish to avoid even the appearance of being price effectors,  so that idea that they are supporting price is totally unsupportable in my view. 

Why buy XRP on the open market at such a high premium when Ripple can simply remove XRP from their own monthly stash that's always readily available and at a value that's far below open market value - it's actually free?  Did they prohibit themselves from using their own escrowed XRP, forcing themselves to buy it at a premium on the open market? - that doesn't make any sense to me, particularly when Ripple owns over half the supply - I don't understand what you mean specifically by "operational reasons", Ripple's operations or their customers'? 

I don't understand your argument because I don't know why Ripple must buy XRP at such a high price for "operational reasons". But anyway my argument is that  1) Ripple owns so much XRP to begin with, so why accumulate more at a steep price when you can use what you already own that was given to you for free initially?, and 2)  It's more than OK for Ripple to be price effectors under certain circumstances.   In fact it's a legal responsibility that they have first and foremost to their customers.

Ripple's customers come first, whether they use XRP or not, and one such responsibility could be to keep XRP price from falling if it affects their customers' XRP utility , use case, their bottom line as an XRP customer, etc., regardless of how we non-Ripple "customers" who hold XRP feel about it, or even how Ripple themselves feel about it, even if it gives them the appearance of "price effectors" because Ripple has a legal responsibility to their customers (including XRP customers) first and foremost.

So, I think a reasonable argument is that Ripple purchased XRP on the open market at a relatively high price (compared to free XRP) out of a fiduciary responsibility to their XRP customers in order to provide price stability and support for their XRP-customers' operations, and as a side benefit us XRP investors were reassured in XRP's use case by this particular supportive action taken by Ripple.

*I don't recall Ripple acting as MM for small payments. I thought the small payments route was self-sufficient, so maybe it's better for Ripple not to interfere, having learned it's lesson from large wholesale swaps, and is now just supporting the use case organically by providing a stable price foundation upon which organic growth can occur among Ripple XRP customers corridors. 

*Ripple was "buying" XRP, but MMs also "sell" XRP,  and no one's mentioned that yet.  True, they could be acting as an MM and/or providing price stability and support for their customers, but we don't have enough info to figure out exactly what's going on.

Edited by enrique11
*additional comments
46 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

I don't understand your argument because I don't know why Ripple must buy XRP at such a high price for "operational reasons".

Perhaps I wasn’t clear?  It’s for the receiving end of ODL.  Acting as a Market Maker.  Maybe I didn’t make that clear enough but I thought it was fairly obvious.

4 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

Perhaps I wasn’t clear?  It’s for the receiving end of ODL.  Acting as a Market Maker.  Maybe I didn’t make that clear enough but I thought it was fairly obvious.

I guess you were clear, but I was thinking along a different line of reasoning, so that's probably why I couldn't make sense of it - it didn't reconcile with my reasoning of why Ripple purchased XRP at a premium on the open market.  Let me think about your new post tomorrow.... it's late over here ;P lol...I stayed up late just to respond to your post 'cause I was confused.  Thanks for the reply. 

1 minute ago, Dogowner5 said:

You are welcome.  You probably didn’t deserve the smarty pants ‘fairly obvious’ remark I made.  Forgive me please.

No, it's cool man. No worries. I didn't take it in a bad way.  I didn't mean anything too by saying "let me think about your post tomorrow". It's actually quite late here and I spent time trying to make sense of your post wondering why you got so many likes, but I couldn't understand what you were saying.  I need a nap.  Maybe I'll understand things better in the morning.