Q2 2020 XRP markets report

13 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

:D Good luck with that! There's clearly new dumb money entering the scene. If XRP goes up 70% in a month while the ODL volume (the biggest use case for XRP so far) has dropped by 80% you know how rational the market is. When you hear the 10 000$ XRP horse manure come up again you know where we are. So expect huge volatility. Perhaps from 20 cents to 3$ to 20 cents again ;)

Yeah countries with basically no economy will drive price of XRP... /s

Don't underestimate the network effect. For some reason it's only valid for XRPL? Whatever way you twist it BTC is still doing far better than XRP. It's all talk on XRP liquidity, ... but adoption seems to be slow. DS is still talking about 300 customers in some way or form implementing Ripplenet. I don't see an adoption that goes exponential.

We'll see.

True dat.

There aren't too many of those these days, like the 589 club members on this forum - they're in short supply.

No, my point was that countries whose economies are good, particularly those with leading economies would not willingly give up financial control to a 3rd-party crypto.  Yes, it could be a reserve currency for some countries, but not most...most countries as a collective would not give up their financial power to a 3rd-arty crypto which they can't manipulate as easily, if it ever came to that. I think it will wind up as a corporate reserve currency to be sold for fiat when the price is high in order to raise funds for corporate activities when it's not being used for it's intended bridging purpose - just a wild guess.

Yeah, it's called a fad.  People are in love with BTC, but when they wake up the morning and see what they did the night before, they'll begin to regret it...lol.

Look, have you considered, that mass retail crypto adoption sans XRP, might spur FIs to adopt XRP at a much faster rate than they would  have otherwise anticipated because they don't want to be left behind by this quickly growing industry once regulations have basically been settled for most cryptos, particularly FIs that are majorly dependent on legacy systems?

We had the biggest economic recession globally not seen in a long time since Covid-19 broke out.  I know cryptos are global, and therefore should have the power to overcome national economic issues, but when problems reach global proportions, like Covid-19, not even cryptos are immune. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This report looks good, but yet again 0 info on actual numbers. So, they are buying back xrp. How much did they buy? $1,000 or $10,000,000? It is so vague.  This repost is like a bikini. It

https://ripple.com/insights/q2-2020-xrp-markets-report/  

Ripple dump XRP in the market all the time. They are here to sell only RippleNet software and we are chumps paying for it.     Oh wait... They're buying back XRP from the secondary mark

10 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Keeping it real: Anytime any company buys back it’s own assets, that is known as a “bad” thing. It is unsustainable, and a temporary measure to buy some time, in a desperate situation.

Didn't realize buy backs of company assets was generally categorized as a "bad" thing. Someone should call Tim Cook and tell him he's created no shareholder value through all the buybacks he's conducted :lol:

Buy backs are considered back when the shares are being bought back above the intrinsic value of the underlying security. They're not bad when the intrinsic value of the underlying security is above the current market price. This a key difference hence why share buybacks can't be painted with a broad brush and classified as "bad" across the board. Determining the intrinsic value of crypto is basically impossible at this point to we can't say whether it's good or bad. If it's bad, then that means Ripple is burning operating cash flow to buy back an overvalued asset (i.e. XRP). Good would indicate they're using operating cash flow to buy back an undervalued asset, whose value will grow and create value for Ripple to further operate with. 

The potential positive here is less circulating supply and price support at lower levels. The potential bad here is that Ripple, the company, is spending operating CF to buy an asset that could potentially go down in value thereby eroding shareholder value for Ripple, the company, stock. Don't see how buying back XRP from the open market is a negative unless you're under the assumption that Ripple is just going to dump it all on the open market. However, I'm not sure why a company with private shares and large institutional investors would spend money on buying an asset that they then plan to crash the price of - unless your thesis is that Ripple is actively trying to bankrupt their own company. 

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree.  The market buys are most likely (in my opinion) to be ODL corridor start related.  Ripple doing market making when it isn’t possible in the early stages for a normal MM company to do so.  Initial pump priming stuff.

Its a ludicrous idea to think that Ripple would feel a need to buy XRP for anything other than operational reasons.  And they have said for years that they wish to avoid even the appearance of being price effectors,  so that idea that they are supporting price is totally unsupportable in my view. 

1 hour ago, Mpolnet said:

If it's bad, then that means Ripple is burning operating cash flow to buy back an overvalued asset (i.e. XRP). Good would indicate they're using operating cash flow to buy back an undervalued asset, whose value will grow and create value for Ripple to further operate with. 

My take is that it's a positive development from Ripple. They just raised 200 million dollars the end of last year!! It's hard to see Ripple's top-notch leadership squandering almost a quarter a billion dollars. 

5 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree.  The market buys are most likely (in my opinion) to be ODL corridor start related.  Ripple doing market making when it isn’t possible in the early stages for a normal MM company to do so.  Initial pump priming stuff.

Its a ludicrous idea to think that Ripple would feel a need to buy XRP for anything other than operational reasons.  And they have said for years that they wish to avoid even the appearance of being price effectors,  so that idea that they are supporting price is totally unsupportable in my view. 

If thats the case, which could be.. what is the reason behind it? Market makers are not interested in making money? 

Now we have ripple buying a share in a company so they can implement ODL, and on top of that, they are paying them to cover running costs.  

Now we have ripple playing a market maker. What is next? Ripple buying a bank so this bank can remove nostro-vostro account? 

Every stupid time when there is a great news coming out from ripple.. after further research it turns out thaz the truth is completly oposite. 

26 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Every stupid time when there is a great news coming out from ripple.. after further research it turns out thaz the truth is completly oposite.

I must be very clueless but trying to find some of YOUR investigations I have not come to fruition, could you enlighten us and show the deep investigation that you have carried out and that has led you to ENSURE that the truth goes in the opposite direction.
I AM ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR THAT HARD RESEARCH YOU HAVE DONE. Regards.

1 hour ago, Gazelle77 said:

I must be very clueless but trying to find some of YOUR investigations I have not come to fruition, could you enlighten us and show the deep investigation that you have carried out and that has led you to ENSURE that the truth goes in the opposite direction.

Dont be salty.

I can mention you two significant research I did.. one on ripple accounts dumping each time there was a pump back then when we were in 0.3 zone a yeae ago. This was further investigated by Regal chicken and Robot where they came to same conclusion and called out Ripple doing it. 

Second research was on cryptohawk when I was saying it for weeks that he is a scammer when everyone thought he is insider due to Moneygram leak. Stopped contributing when Robot told me he will bann me if I keep talking crap about crypto-hawk. Guess what? It played out he was indeed a sad scammer. 

One more thing, when people write in sarcastic way which is way to obv , it looks pathetic. Go figure.

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

If thats the case, which could be.. what is the reason behind it? Market makers are not interested in making money? 

I think in low volume, early and nascent corridors, there might not be the volume and reliable trading to offset the risk for a MM.  Basically not big enough for them to bother with.

So Ripple come in and eat any early costs and issues while priming the pump.  Starting the flywheel running type of thing.

People who only see Ripple incentives at this early stage as negative are missing the point I think.  A virtuous circle of economic activity is generally not self starting.  So mostly someone has to put effort and cost in to initialise things.
‘Twas ever thus in business.

All the above is merely my supposition and I could be wildly wrong about it,  but it makes the most sense to me.

3 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Every stupid time when there is a great news coming out from ripple.. after further research it turns out thaz the truth is completly oposite

I was referring to your investigation in relation to the point of discussion, which was the purchase of XRP in the market by Ripple, not in reference to a Twitter scammer or a robot and a chicken reaching conclusions based on data in many incomplete or misrepresented cases.

When you discover that Ripple buys XRP in the market for a reason that allows you to assert that it is in the opposite direction of their discourse / line of business towards XRP let me know.

19 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

This report states“Who” and “what” they did, but not “why”, “where” or “when” and not even “how” much.  That is a big RED flag, and does not meet the minimum standard of “reporting” facts. Rather it is simply a diving board, built from cleverly ambiguous wording, for others to spring from. 

Ripple is not a public company so they are in no way obligated to even make a report for the public, yet they do, as limited as this one is. Only ones they should give deeper information are the shareholders.

You seem to be of the category that wants to know every financial figure, partnership status and future strategy and have it all confirmed in official documents before something could be a good investment. Problem is, once those things are shared you are too late.

Investing in this market is seeing future potential (or just riding the speculative waves for now) of an asset. If you knew it all, there is no risk. And somehow the amount of risk is linked to the potential. Could we all be burned, ofcourse very possible. Could we profit? I'm putting my bet on that, otherwise I would just sell and go on.

If price is your compass you will sail in the wrong direction.

12 hours ago, enrique11 said:

that mass retail crypto adoption sans XRP, might spur FIs to adopt XRP at a much faster rate

Well there is no mass retail XRP adoption. :s There's just speculators. Ripple is not working retail use-cases. And they're the most likely to drive price for XRP. Even people in crypto don't use crypto to pay for things (please don't start about those very few exceptions as we're talking about "mass retail adoption").

There aren't too many of those these days, like the 589 club members on this forum - they're in short supply.

I'm not talking about xrpchat. I'm seeing the moonbois and ridiculous numbers are coming back up and pie in the skies over all crapto-media. It has died a bit out for a while but they're back. This is the next wave. And they'll end up here again creating topics "the fuse has been lit", ... perhaps they'll shut the internet down to switch over to ripplenet  and that's why there were/are lockdowns so people would start using all the internet bandwidth and they'd have an excuse for shutting it down (actual statement from one of those r-tarded youtubers not very long ago). I'm talking 40k of these *****.

Yeah, it's called a fad.  People are in love with BTC, but when they wake up the morning and see what they did the night before, they'll begin to regret it...lol.

Usually fads don't stay for 10 years. You can say the same for XRP though. Your analogy actually fits XRP very well. 20cents, they have fun, goes to 3$, they wake up one morning and back to 20 cents.

Let wait another decade and see how this plays out. I don't rule out BTC yet. You can if you want. To each his own.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:15 PM, AlejoMoreno said:

needs to provide a large amount of XRP to entities to help support the growth of Ripplenet, doesn't it make more sense for them to buy XRP off of the market and redirect those XRP to who needs them?

Well they do have like, I dunno 60 or 70% of all XRP? So why buy it when you have it to sell it? Every month 1 billion goes back into escrow. Why would they do that if not for manipulating (and perhaps stabilising) the price?

12 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Exactly my point. I'd doubt that too. It would be very negative for their image. But that operational expense seems to come again to the point where the system is not self-sustainable at this point. While some argue they're buying back XRP because they'll go public, which I think is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Gazelle77 said:

Haha, sure you've done some very HARD RESEARCH LIKE BRAD KYMES. Why so upset over an asset that goes to 10000$?

Your POST HISTORY shOWs all the REALLY HARD reSSEArCh you've DOnE. for sure come on in no doubt about it.

9 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

Haha, sure you've done some very HARD RESEARCH LIKE BRAD KYMES. Why so upset over an asset that goes to 10000$?

Your POST HISTORY shOWs all the REALLY HARD reSSEArCh you've DOnE. for sure come on in no doubt about it.

I don't have time to waste with TOLAIS like you, and by the way, when I ask you something, answer me, meanwhile keep your ****..g mouth shut. Regards.

Edited by Gazelle77