Q2 2020 XRP markets report

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This report looks good, but yet again 0 info on actual numbers. So, they are buying back xrp. How much did they buy? $1,000 or $10,000,000? It is so vague.  This repost is like a bikini. It

https://ripple.com/insights/q2-2020-xrp-markets-report/  

Ripple dump XRP in the market all the time. They are here to sell only RippleNet software and we are chumps paying for it.     Oh wait... They're buying back XRP from the secondary mark

ODL accounting for 20% of RippleNet volume in Q2! That’s wild. This was before we dropped down to $4M per day.

So guessing an average of $15M per day in Q2 puts daily RippleNet volume around $75M... that’s if the ODL tracker is even catching everything (which as we know it wasn’t for a long time. EUR>USD corridor wasn’t in there until long after it launched).

26 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Now people will say Ripple is pumping XRP. 😂

Haters gonna hate.

You know that feeling when your lawyer has slowly ratcheted an opposing party down to the point that your original goals are achieved... That is what is slowly unfolding with these Ripple hating BTC maxies.

The changing complaints (centralized, banks wont use it, selling XRP, etc) about Ripple is how people who are being slowly ratcheted down react, it's like a trapped cat flailing around trying to find an escape route. At some point they will just get tired of whining, my guess is that will be when XRP is #1, regulatory clarity has enabled rapid growth of RippleNet and ODL, and the big Institutional investors, turn out to be HODLing XRP, and primarily making money on fees from Retail Investors trading BTC amongst each other.

From day 1 Rippled has just been a much better distributed ledger tool than Bitcoind. Bitcoind only does BTC, Rippled can do anything of value.

8279d128e8609e8e5fd5da1050a75f00--i-win-

Edited by KarmaCoverage
On 8/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, AlejoMoreno said:

Now people will say Ripple is pumping XRP. 😂

lol...it is, thanks to "BTC breaking prices not seen in a long time" and "XRP lawsuit has been thrown out rumor", but how much of it is due to those two factors vs non-speculative factor(s) dealing with actual XRP utility?

Edited by enrique11
correction: I'm only agreeing that XRP's price is pumping, not that Ripple is necessarily doing it.

On a serious note, I am believe Ripple  is definitely indirectly proving, once again, that they do care about the price of XRP and the health of the market.

Having the price of XRP be in a constant downward spiral looks terrible for their ODL liquidity product. If they're selling millions of XRP over the counter, then these buyers will not be happy if the price just continues to go down.

A lower XRP benefits nobody, not Ripple, not Ripplenet customers, and not XRP investors.

There are a number of good reasons they could be buying XRP (just my brainstorming):

• Prove to the community that they don't want their OTC sales to dilute price
  • Sourcing XRP for their OTC sales so that they can continue to re-escrow as many XRP as possible (controlling the supply and price dilution)
  • Balancing downward pressure from the various selling agreements that exist
  • Buying XRP as a trading opportunity (the fact that they're buying it must mean that they expect the price to go up I would think)
  • Buying XRP to help raise the price by reducing supply since higher price helps liquidty.
33 minutes ago, Mpolnet said:

Great to see they're finally buying up XRP on secondary markets (effectively the same as share buybacks in my mind).

I suspect - but do not know - that it's more like "paying to cover inefficiencies where the ecosystem is still a little bit thin."

That kind of thing often has to happen for proofs of concept to take place, but the haters will always call it "pay for play."

(The haters can suck it.  I've literally had to have this song playing in the background to read most posts here, for a year.)

Edited by NightJanitor
Second Wind
18 hours ago, LeonidasH said:

So OTC sales might hopefully include some institutional wholesale purchases that we were hoping Ripple would provide for in order to compete with SWIFT's larger wholesale markets?

And programmatic sales, does that just mean smaller non-OTC sales to SMEs, for example?

Hmm, Ripple purchasing XRP on the open market when they already own tons, seems like a way to counteract the leakage in XRP value from Jed's and other partners' XRP sales.  If that's the case, it's very reassuring because it shows Ripple still really cares about the XRP use case.

Edited by enrique11
grammar correction
4 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Haters gonna hate.

You know that feeling when your lawyer has slowly ratcheted an opposing party down to the point that your original goals are achieved... That is what is slowly unfolding with these Ripple hating BTC maxies.

The changing complaints (centralized, banks wont use it, selling XRP, etc) about Ripple is how people who are being slowly ratcheted down react, it's like a trapped cat flailing around trying to find an escape route. At some point they will just get tired of whining, my guess is that will be when XRP is #1, regulatory clarity has enabled rapid growth of RippleNet and ODL, and the big Institutional investors, turn out to be HODLing XRP, and primarily making money on fees from Retail Investors trading BTC amongst each other.

From day 1 Rippled has just been a much better distributed ledger tool than Bitcoind. Bitcoind only does BTC, Rippled can do anything of value.

8279d128e8609e8e5fd5da1050a75f00--i-win-

One wonders if the maxi FUD machine has been working like a dam, holding back investors money.    When the pressure passes a certain threshold a dam breaks.   Perhaps this is a fantasy scenario.

I am certain there are a lot of latent investors who remember 2017 but have got bored waiting for XRP.  These people have been diversifying and playing the markets with a view to re-joining later.

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

One wonders if the maxi FUD machine has been working like a dam, holding back investors money.    When the pressure passes a certain threshold a dam breaks.   Perhaps this is a fantasy scenario.

This is more or less, exactly what I have anticipated for some time. When? Is the unknown 

Why? In any Market, a "buyer" is an actor that is 1. Ready, 2. Willing, and 3. Able... to Buy.

In the XRP market's case, those Ready and Able to buy digital assets, are largely BTC orientated folks not Willing or less Willing to buy XRP.

I believe this situation is due to the origin story of the Blockchain space, and the well observed XRP FUD campaign that flooded the crypto content available with mostly unfactual material.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

This is more or less, exactly what I have anticipated for some time. When? Is the unknown 

Why? In any Market, a "buyer" is an actor that is 1. Ready, 2. Willing, and 3. Able... to Buy.

In the XRP market's case, those Ready and Anle to buy digital assets, are largely BTC orientated folks not Willing or less Willing to buy XRP.

I believe this situation is due to the origin story of the Blockchain space, and the well observed XRP FUD campaign that flooded the crypto ontent available with mostly unfactual material.

I agree that from a retail investor perspective, Ripple's decision to work and collaborate with banks made it the "Black Sheep" of the crypto community. The amount of strategically coordinated FUD leveled at them and XRP was overwhelming and even I questioned and had reservations. However, after doing my due-diligence into what Ripple vision, it was crystal clear that they were strategically and meticulously positioning themselves, XRP/XRPL/ILP in a strong position to dominate and transform the financial industry. Too many in crypto like to invest based off of emotional ideologies and personal proclivities they have for or against certain crypto/digital asset rather than looking at the fundamentals (i.e. vision, community/global outreach, use-case/purpose, ecosystem, corporate/regulatory compliance, etc) associated with such said digital asset or crypto platform. XRP/XRPL/ILP checks off each of these "fundamental boxes." As for institutional investors, I think it's all a Houdini miss-direction. You hear of so many of these VC/Hedgefund tycoons talk about how they believe in the company Ripple, but not in XRP when it is central to the company's overall business model centered around cross-border payments. I call BULL SHIT!!!!

Edited by King34Maine