solodeji

XRP Whales in Accumulation Spree. Further Gains Ahead?

19 minutes ago, Master_of_Brain said:

Hodl is the safest and likely best strategy unless an experienced trader. You're right that you could get stopped out only to see it rocket higher without you.  At that point, you have to either jump back in or have the patience to buy the next dip.

Hodling also has it's perils (see 2017 to about one week ago).  Got to know when to call it quits and cash out.  Always have a plan and stick to it.

my only plan was to hodl and buy all the way down.  With hindsight I should have not have gone back in as early Feb 2018, I should have waited for the market to settle.  It was much too early.

I have never been in profit since I cashed out in Jan 2018, and my DCA is .395 - so I could see myself in the green if this really is the beginning of a resurgence.  I have 15 times my original target number of tokens and I never felt worried about regaining my investment.

I do not regret my strategy and would do the same again, but hopefully I will be quite a lot richer next time and have more scope to play.

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I have never actively traded.  Bhodl.  But I’m tempted.  So I’ve started thinking about what I would do.  So say I’d set the stop just below the 20 hr using your chart there I would’ve sold once and probably been too slow to get back in and so made a loss.

It seems like a perilous thing to me.  I know some of you make money but buggered if I can figure out how to follow you guys into those dangerous waters without being swamped.

If you are not an experienced trader, forget it. You have been warned. 

13 hours ago, Master_of_Brain said:

Hodl is the safest and likely best strategy unless an experienced trader. You're right that you could get stopped out only to see it rocket higher without you.  At that point, you have to either jump back in or have the patience to buy the next dip.

Hodling also has it's perils (see 2017 to about one week ago).  Got to know when to call it quits and cash out.  Always have a plan and stick to it.

100% don’t let your investment bleed out to -90% are listening @DirectorCoulson 😘

Ripple in the Q2 Report mentioned they are buying back XRP in the secondary market through a subsidiary. 

Experts on here: Is there a way to check if some of those newly added wallets are Ripple's?

Either way, I am interpreting this as a pretty strong sign. I mean why would Ripple buy them back unless they strongly feel it is undervalued currently.

1 hour ago, LungiDevil said:

Ripple in the Q2 Report mentioned they are buying back XRP in the secondary market through a subsidiary. 

Experts on here: Is there a way to check if some of those newly added wallets are Ripple's?

Either way, I am interpreting this as a pretty strong sign. I mean why would Ripple buy them back unless they strongly feel it is undervalued currently.

I agree it is a bullish sign but I don't actually understand it.  

They have so many XRP available every month that it seems weird that they risk USD buying a speculative asset that they already have vast amounts of.

So one way it would make any sense is if they knew for sure that the price was going to rise.  But that would surely put them in a bad light in terms of insider trading.  (I’m aware they are not publicly traded)

Another reason they might do it is to support the price,  but that goes against all their past history of trying to NOT be a price affecting entity to protect their regulatory integrity.

So to me it makes no sense unless a set of certainties is in play...  and I don’t normally indulge in conspiracy theories.  So I’m left puzzled and wondering what,  if anything,  is coming.

8 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

I agree it is a bullish sign but I don't actually understand it.  

They have so many XRP available every month that it seems weird that they risk USD buying a speculative asset that they already have vast amounts of.

So one way it would make any sense is if they knew for sure that the price was going to rise.  But that would surely put them in a bad light in terms of insider trading.  (I’m aware they are not publicly traded)

Another reason they might do it is to support the price,  but that goes against all their past history of trying to NOT be a price affecting entity to protect their regulatory integrity.

So to me it makes no sense unless a set of certainties is in play...  and I don’t normally indulge in conspiracy theories.  So I’m left puzzled and wondering what,  if anything,  is coming.

Yeah, I agree.

The idea that Whales manipulate the market seems to be well agreed upon. I am thinking may be it is just Ripple trying to reduce the influence of whales in the market. 

I am also a bit nervous about them actively involved in XRP trading. Hope they are advised by a solid legal team.

1 hour ago, LungiDevil said:

Reading into context I would think they are acting as MM in the ODL process and buy XRP at e.g. MXN/XRP market on Bitso exchange:

A healthy, orderly XRP market is required to minimize cost and risk for customers, and Ripple plays a responsible role in the liquidity process. As more financial institutions leverage RippleNet’s ODL service, more liquidity is added into the XRP market. That said, Ripple has been a buyer in the secondary market and may continue to undertake purchases in the future at market prices.1

1XRP purchases and sales are conducted by XRP II, LLC, a Ripple subsidiary that is registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network as a money services business and which also holds a virtual currency business activity license with the New York State Department of Financial Services.

The role of Ripple in the case of Moneygram corridor USD->MXN (Moneygram being the USD sender and MXN receiver) would then be buy XRP at Bitso from Moneygram and sell XRP at Bitstamp to Moneygram. Or something like that.

1 minute ago, jn_r said:

The role of Ripple in the case of Moneygram corridor USD->MXN (Moneygram being the USD sender and MXN receiver) would then be buy XRP at Bitso from Moneygram and sell XRP at Bitstamp to Moneygram. Or something like that.

Yeah I’ve often wondered if that was a viable pump priming strategy for them.  But the fact that it’s not ever mentioned (that I have seen) seemed to indicate that it wasn’t being used.  Perhaps this is the first sign of it happening that way.

The thing is...   if they start (or have started) doing that and use XRP sales OTC as the funding mechanism to absorb any inefficiency or spread costs then they seem to have a way to do almost unlimited acceleration of corridor growth.  The fact that that hasn’t happened, that corridors seem to grow slowly and carefully seems to indicate that they are not doing as I’ve just described.

So I’m very puzzled (as usual) by all this.

13 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

So I’m very puzzled (as usual) by all this.

me too. If they do it as I described above, they basically have to deal with exchanging MXN / USD themselves via other (slower) market mechanisms. Which they could do maybe because they have deep pockets, but still..

10 hours ago, jn_r said:

Reading into context I would think they are acting as MM in the ODL process and buy XRP at e.g. MXN/XRP market on Bitso exchange:

I'm not very familiar with legal aspects of the US (or the world) but would Ripple, a software company, be allowed to act as a MarketMaker? Is that a 'free' market for anyone with money or do you need some sort of licenses?

I would think it would be much wiser for Ripple to just start a side project/company to do the MM part.