• Advertisement

Investing in PolySign/Ripple

On 7/28/2020 at 2:50 AM, Caracappa said:

Well, he is partially right. Anyone can invest, but there are private investment funds that only allow acces when investing 100k minimum for example, or when being an accredited investor. That puts some rules to being able to invest like net worth, income etc. So getting acces to investing in some financial platforms comes with some demands.

Linqto is a private investment firm and I saw somewhere that minimum investment was around 25k if I remember correctly.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/accreditedinvestor.asp#:~:text=An accredited investor is a person or entity who is,governance status or professional experience.

I'm not talking about an accredited investor. I'm talking about mutual funds. There is a huge difference between the two. 

2 hours ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

I'm not talking about an accredited investor. I'm talking about mutual funds. There is a huge difference between the two. 

Well, I'm not talking about mutual funds, I'm talking about an accredited investor. There is a huge difference between the two.

Next time, write what you are talking about in the first post, so you won't have your receivers guessing.

8 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Well, I'm not talking about mutual funds, I'm talking about an accredited investor. There is a huge difference between the two.

Next time, write what you are talking about in the first post, so you won't have your receivers guessing.

You're a real piece of work. Maybe it's you that loses focus from OPs opening discussion and the problem isn't with me. What was that discussion about, and what was he excluding? 

26 minutes ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

You're a real piece of work. Maybe it's you that loses focus from OPs opening discussion and the problem isn't with me. What was that discussion about, and what was he excluding? 

Um er,  I have no dog in this fight but I think you’ve misread the OP (and the nature of Carrapaccas contributions) completely.

The OP is about an individual buying in.  

These forums work best if people try strenuously to avoid personal criticism.  Please consider being less aggro in future.

7 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

Um er,  I have no dog in this fight but I think you’ve misread the OP (and the nature of Carrapaccas contributions) completely.

The OP is about an individual buying in.  

These forums work best if people try strenuously to avoid personal criticism.  Please consider being less aggro in future.

Let me cite SquaryBone's message for even more simplicity. 

It's one sentence and it ends with: "apart from being an accredited investor"

:p

Edited by Panzer_Kitteh
42 minutes ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

Ok, perhaps I have misunderstood your point.  But here is what I see and maybe you could correct me if I’m wrong.

• OP asks how can one invest without being an accredited investor.
  • various folk say nah only if accredited
  • Truckdriver links Linqto which allows non accredited folk to invest albeit with at least 10k USD
  • Someone said only the rich can invest
  • you mentioned that everyone’s 401k has the opportunity 
  • Carracappa says yeah Linqto lets you invest but still has a high bar of minimum investment 
  • You then explain that accredited investor and mutual fund are different things. 
  • Carrapacca reverses your words and points out that no one apart from you is talking about mutual funds
  • You take offence and call him a piece of work and say he has misunderstood the OP
  • I foolishly stick my hand in the dog fight
  • then you seem to misunderstand again and restate the obvious.

Did I miss anything?  

I regret speaking up.

8 hours ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

Ok, so that is the entire problem... man, your days must take forever.

That is why my response reads. 

when investing 100k minimum for example, or when being an accredited investor

Nazi kittens, gotta love m

6 hours ago, hilty1 said:

I have just invested with Linqto for ripple IPO shares ,the lowest is $5000.00 to invest I did more in lots of $10000.00

So are there pre-ipo shares?  I thought the shares available via Linqto are secondary market shares from earlier funding rounds.

25 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Ok, so that is the entire problem... man, your days must take forever.

That is why my response reads. 

Nazi kittens, gotta love m

Nice projection there. It might be that your ESL and because you don't write fluent English, my initial response to Grey made you confused. It really shouldn't have. 

when investing 100k minimum for example, or when being an accredited investor

And that random quote has to do with what exactly? 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:06 AM, Panzer_Kitteh said:

I'm not sure if you're joking. Most people with their 401(k)s aren't rich (however you define that). 

You enter the thread and respond here to someone saying "only the rich can invest in the rich". Which is true as there are certain funds you can only participate in if you invest $ 100k+ (or any other random number). So I respond that he is partially right with private investment funds, OR accredited investors (two seperate things) being able to invest only as they are rich allready. So what exactly is not correct about that?

You bring the 401k up, which is another subject. Besides the fact majority of the world is not Murica and have different pension methods, indeed some people are not fluent in English like me, as they might be from a different part of the world. 

29 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Besides the fact majority of the world is not Murica

Have you noticed that Yanks don’t ever seem to realise that?  On the internet if you are speaking English they all seem to assume you are from Freedumb Land.    They don’t notice they are assuming that,  but they proceed like it’s true.  :dash1:

I guess that’s why they are loved the world over.

4 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

Have you noticed that Yanks don’t ever seem to realise that?  On the internet if you are speaking English they all seem to assume you are from Freedumb Land.    They don’t notice they are assuming that,  but they proceed like it’s true.  :dash1:

I guess that’s why they are loved the world over.

I have noticed. I tend to disagree with the freedumb in general, but there are some with a limited world view. The educational system is somewhat focused on their own 'walled garden';)

You know a country is in systemic and cultural trouble if they have to tell themselves every day 'they are the greatest nation in the world' and god has to 'bless the United States of America' all the time.

• 1 month later...