One of Ripple’s Strongest Investor Launch Crypto Custody for Institutions

I'm not sure anything specifically related to XRP here... 

It's SC venture which is a part of Standard Chartered invested 18M in Metaco which is a Crypto Custodian. 

Edited by Guest
42 minutes ago, plinh said:

I'm not sure anything specifically related to XRP here... 

It's SC venture which is a part of Standard Chartered invested 18M in Metaco which is a Crypto Custodian. 

..."Over the years, Standard Chartered has been romancing the crypto space. The firm, in 2016, announced investing in Ripple Labs Inc., the firm behind XRP token, and some massively adopted remittance payment solutions.

During the investment announcement, Standard Chartered declared that it made the decision to work speedily towards the realization of its digitization agenda in the distributed ledger technology space, where Ripple performs a pivotal role.

Standard Chartered Bank made the investment to get opened to new initiatives that will add value to the banking industry and its clients.

Since then, the bank has been making use of the RippleNet solution. Mid 2018, the bank said it would expand its use of RippleNet to five more countries for easy fund movement. The bank, before making that decision, began with Singapore and India corridor and launched the solution in partnership with Axis Bank, another Ripple customer."

1 hour ago, plinh said:

This is the original article. 

https://www.coindesk.com/standard-chartered-participates-in-jammed-18m-round-for-crypto-custodian

The crypto custodian Metaco which is invested by Standard Chartered also using this link in their website. 

https://www.metaco.com/news/standard-chartered-participates-in-jammed-18m-round-for-crypto-custodian/

image.png.834c4ce408226e438e7db912863df803.png

Not sure what your point is. It's clear Standard Chartered is invested in Ripple. Being invested in Metaco does not negate Ripple. The former is custody, the latter transfer of value. Transfer of value is done with XRP.

4 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Not sure what your point is. It's clear Standard Chartered is invested in Ripple. Being invested in Metaco does not negate Ripple. The former is custody, the latter transfer of value. Transfer of value is done with XRP.

My point is original news mentions nothing about XRP nor Ripple. 

https://www.coindesk.com/standard-chartered-participates-in-jammed-18m-round-for-crypto-custodian

The Ripple & XRP parts are "Connecting the Dots" ... 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:33 AM, plinh said:

My point is original news mentions nothing about XRP nor Ripple. 

The Ripple & XRP parts are "Connecting the Dots" ... 

connecting dots is what puts investors in a position to make wise and more informed speculative investments.  It is a virtue, not a vice.  Of course there is a risk, but intelligent dot joining should generally reduce the risk exposure

18 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

connecting dots is what puts investors in a position to make wise and more informed speculative investments.  It is a virtue, not a vice.  Of course there is a risk, but intelligent dot joining should generally reduce the risk exposure

Good point!

At this point in the game (assuming we all think we are early and there is something to this crypto thing,,,)

I'm surprised people  (who in my opinion) ridicule the optimists... are even here reading what one might post.... disgustingly enough, they will counter my point with "twitter and youtube hopefuls connecting dots and hurting the community"... wtf?  first of all, please don't conflate, and secondly.... you are the problem! Again, only in my humble opinion.... MOON time!

but, ironically,  that is what makes my bull horn protrude... and I actually love it!

On 7/25/2020 at 2:13 PM, Julian_Williams said:

The 'connecting dots' theory is used more frequently in this space, like it's an illness.

The art of seeing beyond the borders of one's own mind needs nursing not ridicule. These theories are needed and will always be there as a fundamental part of being a human being with the process of thoughts manifestation through intrinsic motivation as proven fact. Eventually those who can't see these dots will move forward with that vision unknown of that fact right now, they have abilities 'the dots' need to become a reality. Everyone is involved.