Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?

27 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

D'oh, How come you don't know who is Wietse? He is like a hero for XRP community. His first appearance in season 4. During the FUD war. He create couple of tools for Ripple empire, the most famous one is XRP "Warhammer" Tipbot. He and the mighty Hodor defend the XRP from the BTC Maximalist. But, too bad, At the end of Season 6.. XRP value shrink to just 20c. It's a big lost from XRParmy. Many of legion left the XRParmy. But, the war have not end.

We'll see...:angry:

I have this distinct feeling I have met you before!

Ah now I remember!!

0B92BFA6-1285-4360-8F20-B35E2FEE6BE5.thumb.jpeg.a75f1f350a2eb6f31475d7ce7ec16bf9.jpeg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, a valid observation friend. I will further add... We Hodlers aren't just speculating leaches - clinging to a healthy host in hopes it lives long and well - but we act as a counter-productiv

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes. Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake. You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want t

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, 10millionplus said:

1755779310_xrpchart.jpg.1a5ce0412a6f48862a5ce2c7c39e4ff6.jpg

No wonder Brad Lyinghouse thinks XRP is outperforming Bitcoin, he always flip the XRP chart upside down.

I can only think of another person doing the same, our beloved war time president Dumb.

FWIW I hope you guys/girls can have a good laugh.

Dude, take a deep breath and relax a little. what does the cheerleader 

Edited by Merlin
13 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

D'oh, How come you don't know who is Wietse? He is like a hero for XRP community. His first appearance in season 4. During the FUD war. He create couple of tools for Ripple empire, the most famous one is XRP "Warhammer" Tipbot. He and the mighty Hodor defend the XRP from the BTC Maximalist. But, too bad, At the end of Season 6.. XRP value shrink to just 20c. It's a big lost from XRParmy. Many of legion left the XRParmy. But, the war have not end.

Very simple: because b4 2019 I did not have the slightest interes in crypto and thought, as many others, that it's a very idiotic way of wasting money by thinking that a non state controlled sort of program could ever be considered as money.

then I thought that people are crazy and may think the other way, and, even if it is simply crazy, the force of the mass could give a zero- value program some sort of value I could profit of.

So I jumped in without asking too many questions, but now I am asking because I am curious.

The fundamental point is that all here is based on some identities that may not exist at all because you find them only in the net (twitter, facebook ,etc. etc.). A nothing appears and states something like: "we are going to jump 15000% soon", or "most people keep their xrp".

But are there independent assessment from trustworthy sources (that is institutional ones) controlling the fact that these data (from this Wietse) are true?  I do not think so.

Anyway, I repeat it, I still think that the madness of the mass can bring some value to this nonsense, and if it does not, I will not loose much :-)

Edited by JJJ2
8 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

controlling the fact that these data (from this Wietse) are true?  I do not think so.

It's a public ledger. You can fetch it yourself and crunch the numbers using my tool or using any other tool you like. You can fetch data for historic ledgers as well. 

https://github.com/WietseWind/xrp-ledgerstats 

The thing with the dataset is, because it only looks at on ledger account balances, it can't distinct individual user balance in large exchange hot and cold wallets. Nor can it match and combine multiple wallets belonging to the same person. However: trend lines are clearly visible. 

13 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

When I decided to join this madness I was thinking about BTC. But at the time it was, as now, around 7000-9000$ and I simply thought it will not be able to go further up, on the contrary at such a high price, as soon as enough people have bought btc the price will be crushed by those who have the power to do that. I cannot believe that BTC is less controlled than any other of these tokens or anyhow their name is. I read predictions that BTC would reach even 80K $. I cannot believe it. But there's a friend of mine who has some BTC and, despite having already earned over 50 times what he has invested, he's still keeping BTC. Well what I see from a technical point of view is that BTC is in a triangle pattern which could mean further uptrend, but it could also mean the beginning of a downtrend:

image.thumb.png.ffdfe8cd9123e22e614861c025166c05.png

Edited by JJJ2
8 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

But are there independent assessment from trustworthy sources (that is institutional ones) controlling the fact that these data (from this Wietse) are true?  I do not think so.

Wietse has built a long time online presence and has a good deal of credibility.  His efforts have been many and all were significant developments.  There are plenty of examples of why we all should be careful before believing data,  but if I had to bet money on one internet person as being honest and trustworthy he would certainly be in the few I would consider.

So there you have it.  Definite proof from a random dog owner on the Internet.  :)

1 minute ago, Dogowner5 said:

Wietse has built a long time online presence and has a good deal of credibility.  His efforts have been many and all were significant developments.  There are plenty of examples of why we all should be careful before believing data,  but if I had to bet money on one internet person as being honest and trustworthy he would certainly be in the few I would consider.

So there you have it.  Definite proof from a random dog owner on the Internet.  :)

Well I am not so far from The Netherlands: I could go there and look for him..:-)

The fact that he's present in the net does not give any guarantee. He's just a face and some uncontrollable statements.

The only guarantee is that independent people can arbitrarily check the data or a public institution with credibility

I am just playing the devil's advocate .

18 minutes ago, xrptipbot said:

It's a public ledger. You can fetch it yourself and crunch the numbers using my tool or using any other tool you like. You can fetch data for historic ledgers as well. 

https://github.com/WietseWind/xrp-ledgerstats 

The thing with the dataset is, because it only looks at on ledger account balances, it can't distinct individual user balance in large exchange hot and cold wallets. Nor can it match and combine multiple wallets belonging to the same person. However: trend lines are clearly visible. 

it is an internet page: internet pages are not real. They are programs. If one shoots you in the face in internet you do not die. If one does it in the real word, well then those remaining see that it was not internet but a real gun.

I trust my bank because the government gives me some rights and I know that the number I see in my bank account is backed by the fact the we have a police and no one can steel the money I have put in my account. If it were not for that I would not believe even my bank.

Edited by JJJ2
22 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

Well I am not so far from The Netherlands: I could go there and look for him..:-)

The fact that he's present in the net does not give any guarantee. He's just a face and some uncontrollable statements.

The only guarantee is that independent people can arbitrarily check the data or a public institution with credibility

I am just playing the devil's advocate .

The data is from the public ledger, it’s all checkable.  There is a certain point where if it looks like a duck,  walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,  then it’s probably a duck.  
Similarly with varying interactions with someone on the internet:   a bot or a fraud has limited capacities to ‘pass the Turing test’ as it were. 

I’m not trying to sell you on Weitse.  If you don’t like his tools, or don’t trust them, then just dont use them.  But there are certain prominent members of the XRP community that are obviously real,  and obviously well intentioned,  and he is one of them.  At least according to me, a random dog owner.  :) 

On another note...  credulity.    It’s fine to question everything,  but if you examine everything to the ridiculous extreme then how do you know anything is real?  You might be in a lucid dream.  You might be in a madhouse with a fever.

This situation reminds me of the irony of the people that used to tell me Crypto was magic money made out of air and worth nothing.  These same folk much preferred their paper money in their pocket or their electrons on some screen telling them they have of a promise of some dollars in some institution.  All of this if examined up close reveals that our whole society and way of life is built up on magic ideas out of thin air.  Held up by merely the shared agreement to believe and trust in the story.

Lets hope we never see the situation where that ‘compact to believe‘ is broken.

29 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

it is an internet page: internet pages are not real.

Just wanted to make that point that this isn’t actually correct.  What is real?

When Orson Wells broadcast a radio play about Martians invading Earth.  That wasn’t real.  It wasn’t a real news item.  It wasn’t a thing you could see in front of you.  It was merely fluctuations in a radio wave passing through towns.  Another view of it is that it was merely the imaginings of a talented author and voice actors.

But the panic that gripped many and the actions they took hopping into vehicles and heading for the hills was real.  If someone died in a traffic accident fleeing the ‘invasion‘ that was real.

I’m sure the event has been overblown but it serves as a good example of how multiple layers of unreal things can have a real effect.

A hacker playing with air traffic control or the electricity or traffic grid can have real effects.  It’s a bit glib to merely dismiss things as ‘not real’.  Even if only as devil’s advocate.  :)   He IS real isn’t he??    :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.