Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, a valid observation friend. I will further add... We Hodlers aren't just speculating leaches - clinging to a healthy host in hopes it lives long and well - but we act as a counter-productiv

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes. Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake. You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

The answer to the Bold part is "How xPool".

Duh, I remember this :fool:.  

9 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

re Price of XRP... at the end of the day, if nobody uses it , it is worthless without Utility Value. Thus, any effort to lower the cost of Using XRP should be fruitful to the Price. Making XRP available to borrow at the institutional for just the period of time it is needed, can lower the cost of using XRP, and enable a marginal spread/profit. Especially as compared to the buying and holding XRP over a long term.

A likely under-unappreciated aspect of this "Ripple lending XRP", is that in the long term as all this unfolds, it is another example of the trend towards Zero Marginal Cost. Which in the Lending means "lending for zero time"... or as short of a period of time as is possible. In this case with XRP on XRPL TXs, this is a mear 3-4 seconds per loan term! Now when you consider Ripple Inc's enterprise value, you should consider that as you make loan terms for less and less time, the beneficial effect of compounding trends towards the Lender (Ripple Inc). This effect theoretically ends at "continuous compounding" (Continuously compounded interest assumes interest is compounded and added back into the balance an infinite number of times.),  but relative to traditional financial products 3-4 seconds is essentially continuous compounding.

I've been noticing a cross industry trend towards the end users/ultimate demand source, buying things for less and less time (Uber/Cars, AirBnb/Housing, Gig economy/Jobs, etc). So this would fall in line with that trend, XRP/Value.

Thanks for the insight and explanation my friend. 

9 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I remember reading this petition and thinking to myself ‘how can someone be so uninformed about the thing they are complaining about?’  IIRC Ripple stopped programmatic sales early in second quarter 2019.  I think this was after that.  It’s just moaning idiots anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, the starter of the petition is named '"cryptobitlord" There can be any idoit who is uninformed (like you said). Or maybe he is the "cryptobitlord".

https://mobile.twitter.com/crypto_bitlord?lang=en

If he is the real cryptobitlord, I think what he said had a point, and I guess, he is just a crypto trader, who try to make some money from crypto. (like me)

I like that guy. (if it is true)

:)

2 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

If I'm not mistaken, the starter of the petition is named '"cryptobitlord" There can be any idoit who is uninformed (like you said). Or maybe he is the "cryptobitlord".

https://mobile.twitter.com/crypto_bitlord?lang=en

If he is the real cryptobitlord, I think what he said had a point, and I guess, he is just a crypto trader, who try to make some money from crypto. (like me)

I like that guy. (if it is true)

:)

Well, one thing is for certain; whether you find the real "cryptobitord" or the fake "cryptobitlord", you found a giant mound of p00p!

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
Reminder: you can say shit but you can't say ****!
49 minutes ago, Berrr said:

When you have a 50billion units in circulation

actually they are way less then 40 Bn, if you consider

44,3 Bn actual current circulating supply

- 0,3 Bn stuck in Matthew Mellon wallet

- 4,7 Bn Jed McCaleb escrowed, ( he is selling, but at a 1.5% of daily volume rate)

- 1,0 Bn (at minimum) of perma-bull hodlers  https://ledger.exposed/rich-stats#range

20 hours ago, JASCoder said:

but we act as a counter-productive drain, hampering their goals and liquidity deployment efforts

I understand what you're saying, but imo we don't hamper this.The most important source for liquidity deployment  has been adding more and more exchanges imo. They can lend XRP to exchanges to get liquidity in place, like they said in Q4 2017/Q1 2018 report.

Another reason is that even if billions are hoarded by hodlers, that only means that there's less supply, that should lead to higher prices, which in turn means more liquidity.

Arguably, if we were hampering liquidity deployment, they would not have lowered the selling from Escrow like they have for the past year. They scaled that back to almost zero.

Edited by Frans
12 hours ago, Dario_o said:

actually they are way less then 40 Bn, if you consider

44,3 Bn actual current circulating supply

- 0,3 Bn stuck in Matthew Mellon wallet

- 4,7 Bn Jed McCaleb escrowed, ( he is selling, but at a 1.5% of daily volume rate)

- 1,0 Bn (at minimum) of perma-bull hodlers  https://ledger.exposed/rich-stats#range

Wow, we need one hell tons of money to move XRP. On the other hand Jed really use XRP money to pump XLM. If Jed sell all of his XRP at this time 4.7Bio x 20c, It's about $950mio, or probably he is as rich as JayZ.

16 hours ago, Berrr said:

When you have a 50billion units in circulation You need a lot of money to move the market

The amount of tokens is not that much of a problem, the bigger the marketcap, the harder it is to move the market in general.

Dogecoin has 215bln tokens in circulation but moving it is simple as proven recently with low volume.

BTC only 18.4mln and try moving that one with 169bln MC

On 7/18/2020 at 3:14 AM, FNS said:

We have a shitcoin wiht 100billions in supply..Just it

or rather we have a company with 9 bln which uses to sell xrp in order to stay in business and buy other partners.

Does anybody know how much retail investors have xrp and/or how many xrp are the the hands of retail investors (except those couple of people who got billions of xrp already at the beginning of the story)?

20 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

or rather we have a company with 9 bln which uses to sell xrp in order to stay in business and buy other partners.

Does anybody know how much retail investors have xrp and/or how many xrp are the the hands of retail investors (except those couple of people who got billions of xrp already at the beginning of the story)?

For your reference ... 

https://ledger.exposed/rich-stats

Btw, based on the trend on that page, in recent 2 months, the small retailers DCA (trending up) while the riches didn't give a f*** (side wave)

Some middle layers cashing out a bit (trending down) ... There was a spike which coincident with an article about whales keep accumulation, and obviously, it's not.

image.thumb.png.e73092151410db0ea666ef7f6c7ab6d3.png

Number is there, you can do your own research further... 

I wish they can give more data with a broader range to see the whole trend of this coin

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, plinh said:

For your reference ... 

Btw, based on the trend on that page, in recent 2 months, the small retailers DCA (trending up) while the riches didn't give a f*** (side wave)

Some middle layers cashing out a bit (trending down) ... There was a spike which coincident with an article about whales keep accumulation, and obviously, it's not.

I wish they can give more data with a broader range to see the whole trend of this coin

Is there an independent assessment of these numbers?

Who's this Wietse Wind? 

6 hours ago, plinh said:

For your reference ... 

Apparently, there are a lot of people like me. Sell off our XRP stash, then hold 1k XRP as stake, just in case XRP goes to 1k, I'm become millionaire. lol:lol:

But we cannnot defeat the holder of 20XRP to 499XRP there are 1.3 million wallet. That is like a population in small city.

5 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

Who's this Wietse Wind?

D'oh, How come you don't know who is Wietse? He is like a hero for XRP community. His first appearance in season 4. During the FUD war. He create couple of tools for Ripple empire, the most famous one is XRP "Warhammer" Tipbot. He and the mighty Hodor defend the XRP from the BTC Maximalist. But, too bad, At the end of Season 6.. XRP value shrink to just 20c. It's a big lost from XRParmy. Many of legion left the XRParmy. But, the war have not end.

We'll see...:angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.