Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, a valid observation friend. I will further add... We Hodlers aren't just speculating leaches - clinging to a healthy host in hopes it lives long and well - but we act as a counter-productiv

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes. Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake. You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want t

Posted Images

Don't use bitpay as example to say XRP is designed to be used by FI, bitpay support bitcoin from the beginning(2012), add support XRP recent years, and most bitpay processed transactions are btc. 

4 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

This too, but I also think I'm forgetting something fundamental. 

Distribution/Custody/profitable biz models (market making) that enable investment into operations... much of this has been in the works for years. Much of this is true for crypto in general, although Ripple have been stewarding effort.

We are watching an entire industry scale set of markets being developed simultaneously. Chicken & Egg... once born grow fast.

Exactly!!! There's so many pieces to the puzzle that are being developed. Another piece of the puzzle that I believe will help with the price of XRP is around lending. I highlighted back in early May a new Director of Product Management, Loans position Ripple posted. It seems they have already filled this position within a couple of months as it is no longer listed on the careers webpage. I think the speed at which they filed this position underscores the value proposition they see via loans, increase competition from incumbents, and demand from their clients. This is part of a more broader shift by Ripple to focus on high-volume low-value remittances and SME payments rather than large treasury payments via ODL. Ripple's venture into loans coincides perfectly with the pending launch of Polysign and Standard Custody and Trust. I've been meaning to ask you your thoughts about how Ripple my structure their XRP loan offerings to help SMEs bridge the gap of their working capital costs etc. and your thoughts on how this new product would affect the price of XRP?

14 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

Ripple DID cut their OTC drastically. https://ripple.com/insights/q3-2019-markets-report/

Well, I wish they did that when XRP still 80c. It's a bit too late. Ripple cut they OTC sales after the sales drop significantly and the price drop significantly too. There are group of XRP investor signed a petition ask Ripple to stop flooding the market. But, they don't budge at all. Well, the market now punish the greed of Ripple by leaving XRP in bull market. 

17 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

Well, I wish they did that when XRP still 80c. It's a bit too late. Ripple cut they OTC sales after the sales drop significantly and the price drop significantly too. There are group of XRP investor signed a petition ask Ripple to stop flooding the market. But, they don't budge at all. Well, the market now punish the greed of Ripple by leaving XRP in bull market. 

There’s a couple things here:

-First, OTC sales don’t flood the market.  It’s ripple selling large sums directly to entities who need it. It has no effect on the prices you see on exchanges.  It’s also a GOOD thing to have large companies want to have 200 million or whatever xrp in their hands.

-Ripple has economics and finance experts who sit on their board of directors. They offices on multiple continents with staff who specialize in banking and economics and investing. Do you know more than these people? I’m genuinely curious,  because if so I’d like your opinion.  If not, then I’ll stick to trusting the people who do this for a living.

-You (and I) are crypto speculators. Ripple has made no promises to xrp holders about anything. They aren’t beholden to us and they don’t owe us anything.  We purchased xrp because we believe in ripple’s vision and hope that if they execute it, xrp will gain in value.  If we were to own shares in Ripple, that would be a different story with regards to accountability. 

26 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

There are group of XRP investor signed a petition ask Ripple to stop flooding the market. But, they don't budge at all.

If you refer to the open letter by Bender then you, like many here it seems, have your facts wrong.  Ripple had already stopped programmatic sales and had said as much before the letter.

The narratives that float around here are just disgruntled investors moaning.  Grow a pair.

39 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

freedomgoddam,

you have fooled nobody.

the eggshells you see scattered about are the ones the logic minded have stepped upon while conversing with you.... you are a fudster.. so silly that this can't be said without being shamed (the 3 s's) and asked for proof.... the politics that are used here are deplorable.... 

can we all be honest with eachother and have real conversations?

Or do we have to continue to have a lower than normal iq and throw out talking points purposely hoping to spark fud?

Thanks and I am right so don't act dumber than you already have....

signed,

(Yippeeekiiiaaaaaaamooothaffffuuukkkkkkaaaaa)

5 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

If you refer to the open letter by Bender then you, like many here it seems, have your facts wrong.  Ripple had already stopped programmatic sales and had said as much before the letter.

The narratives that float around here are just disgruntled investors moaning.  Grow a pair.

I'm talking about this.

https://www.change.org/p/ripple-stop-ripple-dumping

I cannot find the date, But, according to the last comment is about 1 year ago. Are we talking about thr same thing here?

The petition is signed by about 3,997 people. I don't know how big is XRP community, but 4k signature is quite a lot for a crypto community.

8 hours ago, King34Maine said:

XRP is around lending. I highlighted back in early May a new Director of Product Management, Loans position Ripple posted.

Here was my response to your comment. I still havent seen anything articulating in detail, how Ripple could pull off a lending operation at an institutional scale with technical and financial flow details that line up with what is actually technically and financially possible, other than what I have written. I have tried to open up conversation on this topic for a few years, and it appears that now the folks who were interested in discussing this "lending of XRP" topic are not around anymore. This "Lending" topic goes back for years.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:33 PM, KarmaCoverage said:

I wonder if they are going to do something like what I articulated with "How xPool".

Basically I realized that an over funded PayChan can be used as an underlying basis for Ripple to lend out XRP via a loan arrangement denominated in local fiat, but settled in XRP.

I do see a parallel to existing monetary thought, where one could view Ripple as acting as the CB of XRP, although unlike Fiat CB's Ripple has a Hard Stop on money supply at $100b XRP. This Hard Stop would remove the "Print Money" monetary policy tool from the monetary tool kit. Which would leave (more or less) only the "Lending Money" and "Changing Interest Rates" on that floated XRP, in the tool kit of monetary policy.

8 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Ripple's venture into loans coincides perfectly with the pending launch of Polysign and Standard Custody and Trust. I've been meaning to ask you your thoughts about how Ripple my structure their XRP loan offerings to help SMEs bridge the gap of their working capital costs etc. and your thoughts on how this new product would affect the price of XRP?

I hadent considered the "coincidence" of the timing of these three efforts :mellow: 

The answer to the Bold part is "How xPool".

re Price of XRP... at the end of the day, if nobody uses it , it is worthless without Utility Value. Thus, any effort to lower the cost of Using XRP should be fruitful to the Price. Making XRP available to borrow at the institutional for just the period of time it is needed, can lower the cost of using XRP, and enable a marginal spread/profit. Especially as compared to the buying and holding XRP over a long term.

A likely under-unappreciated aspect of this "Ripple lending XRP", is that in the long term as all this unfolds, it is another example of the trend towards Zero Marginal Cost. Which in the Lending means "lending for zero time"... or as short of a period of time as is possible. In this case with XRP on XRPL TXs, this is a mear 3-4 seconds per loan term! Now when you consider Ripple Inc's enterprise value, you should consider that as you make loan terms for less and less time, the beneficial effect of compounding trends towards the Lender (Ripple Inc). This effect theoretically ends at "continuous compounding" (Continuously compounded interest assumes interest is compounded and added back into the balance an infinite number of times.),  but relative to traditional financial products 3-4 seconds is essentially continuous compounding.

I've been noticing a cross industry trend towards the end users/ultimate demand source, buying things for less and less time (Uber/Cars, AirBnb/Housing, Gig economy/Jobs, etc). So this would fall in line with that trend, XRP/Value.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
5 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

freedomgoddam,

you have fooled nobody.

the eggshells you see scattered about are the ones the logic minded have stepped upon while conversing with you.... you are a fudster.. so silly that this can't be said without being shamed (the 3 s's) and asked for proof.... the politics that are used here are deplorable.... 

can we all be honest with eachother and have real conversations?

Or do we have to continue to have a lower than normal iq and throw out talking points purposely hoping to spark fud?

Thanks and I am right so don't act dumber than you already have....

signed,

(Yippeeekiiiaaaaaaamooothaffffuuukkkkkkaaaaa)

I've not fooled nobody. But, I see from a different angle. I invest in couple of coin. From all coin that I invest, XRP perform the worst in this bull run. You just can open Coinmarketcap If you think I'm doing fud. The reason that I say market are punishing XRP is that XRP is third largest crypto in the space (now 4th) why the market don't push XRP up, instead leave XRP in 19-20c, If you love to see XRP in 20c position. Well, kindly enjoy your time. 

note: psssttt, you gonna wait for a long time in there. I mean long long time. :bye:

Have a nice day...

1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I do see a parallel to existing monetary thought, where one could view Ripple as acting as the CB of XRP, although unlike Fiat CB's Ripple has a Hard Stop on money supply at $100b XRP. This Hard Stop would remove the "Print Money" monetary policy tool from the monetary tool kit. Which would leave (more or less) only the "Lending Money" and "Changing Interest Rates" on that floated XRP, in the tool kit of monetary policy.

What an interesting conceptual thought.

Edited by Julian_Williams
4 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I've not fooled nobody. But, I see from a different angle. I invest in couple of coin. From all coin that I invest, XRP perform the worst in this bull run. You just can open Coinmarketcap If you think I'm doing fud. The reason that I say market are punishing XRP is that XRP is third largest crypto in the space (now 4th) why the market don't push XRP up, instead leave XRP in 19-20c, If you love to see XRP in 20c position. Well, kindly enjoy your time. 

note: psssttt, you gonna wait for a long time in there. I mean long long time. :bye:

Have a nice day...

Refer to your bolded rhetoric.... and tell me how that is a fact and not fud?

6 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I'm talking about this.

https://www.change.org/p/ripple-stop-ripple-dumping

I cannot find the date, But, according to the last comment is about 1 year ago. Are we talking about thr same thing here?

The petition is signed by about 3,997 people. I don't know how big is XRP community, but 4k signature is quite a lot for a crypto community.

I remember reading this petition and thinking to myself ‘how can someone be so uninformed about the thing they are complaining about?’  IIRC Ripple stopped programmatic sales early in second quarter 2019.  I think this was after that.  It’s just moaning idiots anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.