Jump to content

Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

but is a well regulated investment space the individual is responsible to do their own due diligence and take responsibility for their decisions. 

I largely agree with you but crypto in general is poorly regulated but it is impossible to due diligence in the absence of quality publicly available information. Which Ripple ( the dominant party in thr XRP world) does not make available.

Edited by xerxesramesepolybius
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, a valid observation friend. I will further add... We Hodlers aren't just speculating leaches - clinging to a healthy host in hopes it lives long and well - but we act as a counter-productiv

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes. Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake. You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want t

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

 

 

I don't read your stuff let her rip, unless it is quoted, but commenting on what I do see quoted by others - your contributions are all negative feelings and no debate or facts.

Liar. No one quoted the reply you mentioned, so you obviously do follow my posts quite religiously it seems. :biggrin:

 

 

 

Edited by LetHerRip
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, so many reply. Thanks guys. I love this community. Well, from that article, I just want to tell you that XRP price won't go far from 20c. If you see BTC, BTC sink to 3k after the spike. But, XRP, confidently, and slowly go to 20c. What I'm saying is pure fact, no one can denied. For me, XRP price can go up maybe within 5-10years. By that time, the other alt-coin probably already double or triple. There are slight probability that some unknown token from rank 100-500 overtake XRP in term of market cap. 

Man, I'm talking too much.. My bad..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

Wow, so many reply. Thanks guys. I love this community. Well, from that article, I just want to tell you that XRP price won't go far from 20c. If you see BTC, BTC sink to 3k after the spike. But, XRP, confidently, and slowly go to 20c. What I'm saying is pure fact, no one can denied. For me, XRP price can go up maybe within 5-10years. By that time, the other alt-coin probably already double or triple. There are slight probability that some unknown token from rank 100-500 overtake XRP in term of market cap. 

Man, I'm talking too much.. My bad..

 

there are no facts about the price of XRP - short or long term

My guess is that it will go on being the poor performer for a while, and then out perform everything else on the board, but I would not be surprised if it dropped to .10 or lower or suddenly shot up on good news perhaps from SBI or new corridors joining ODL. my investment in 95% XRP and 5% XTZ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya'll can get as upset as you want, but @Julian_Williams is the only one that has actually quoted actual verifiable facts.

 

-Ripple DID cut their OTC drastically. https://ripple.com/insights/q3-2019-markets-report/

-While XRP was never explicitly designed for retail, they HAVE been expanding in that area  https://bitpay.com/blog/bitpay-xrp-live/

-regarding where banks would source XRP:  https://twitter.com/JoelKatz/status/1021821429908615168

 

-regarding RippleNet partners (note this is from 8 months ago and has undoubtedly increased): https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-growth-announcing-more-than-300-customers/

-The selling of Jed's XRP is controlled by Ripple via a court agreement.  They have custody of it and sell it for him.  It can be sold based off a % of average daily volume per week: https://www.xrparcade.com/news/mccaleb-ramps-up-xrp-sales-does-it-matter/

 

Nobody likes to lose money or watch other people's investments take off.  I don't know what to say other than these things take time.  Ripple is not your lambo factory. Ripple doesn't owe you anything. You went out on a limb with a high risk investment. I don't know what you've seen that would lead you to believe that the XRP ecosystem is stagnant other than price, which is not the same thing as value.

 

 I'm not an investment pro but selling when XRP when it's down like 95% from it's all time high seems like the opposite of what you should be doing. If you feel your research that lead you to investing was mistaken or you don't like the direction the company is going then sell.  What's the big deal?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

 

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes.

Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to reduce supply and then they get told their OTC sales are down because there is no demand 

The notion that Ripple are selling XRP because they are short of money is risible.  They are awash with money have raised 600 million recently and with an IPO in the wings that is expected to raise 5 - 6 billion.  It is very strange that this article tries to portray a project that now employs over 400 staff and has offices on every continent, and plans to employ another 50 staff before the end of he year, as failing and scrambling for money.

The bit about replacing vostro nostro accounts with a need to buy and hold stocks of XRP is also fallacious.  Market Makers will maintain one pool of XRP in each country, which is a shared asset for all users, including being available to tiny FIs that are undercutting the very expensive insecure messaging banking.  So whilst many larger piles of money held by many big banks is replaced by one smaller pile of money held by market makers and exchanges.  For instance a bank no longer need a nostro account in Mexico because the Mexican corridor is now liquid with XRP supplied by market makers that are expanding their dominance in that corridor.

Then the article tells us Ripple have 200 partners on Ripplenet, ripple have more like 350 - 400 partners.

Then it tries to make out ODL has to be heavily subsidised to be competitive.  Ripple are priming the new corridors (but less so now they have dumped the "treasury" transfers), and as the corridors grow and interconnect the need for the priming will be reduced, this is part of the flywheel effect.  ODL is now well demonstrated to be far far cheaper and more secure than correspondence banking models.

XRP/ODL is not being left out, or overtaken.  Projects like UBIN and old systems like SWIFT are building networks that accommodate XRP/ODL as part of the mix.  Ripple/ODL works with  stable coins. Ripple are now part of the establishment, with an invite to every top table.

XRP also have identified many other applications for their tokens to be used - gaming, micro payments, tokenisation .....all the Xpring projects

........but good luck to those who do not want to invest in XRP - there are other promising projects using blockchain, but none other with so many partners, so many avenues, such a large target market to disrupt, so many employees in place under such as well run management team.  I do not understand why those who do not like investing in XRP spend so much energy trying to run down a project they have no interest in supporting?  What is motivating your obsessive interest in something that does not interest you ?

You are right about ODL being 'scaled down' but  I question your argument that Ripple has stopped priming the corridors (dumped the treasury transfers) and has left them to grow by themselves. It seems Ripple was not able to 'prime' the larger (treasury) settlements in all ODL corridors in a sustained way and they changed strategy. That is the reason ODL liquidity suddenly went rock-bottom imho... Ripple actually reported the change in strategy 'of going after  SME/micro payments first'.... Sam Iam actually made a video about it and presents a reasonable explanation.

At present the ODL channels are on average around 5 % of what they used to be and they took around 6 months to build. As far as I am concerned this is a serious (6 months) setback and I hope that 'in time' new market makers will come in to solve/repair the ODL liquidity issue.

Your conclusion that an 'unprimed' ODL channel is efficient is holding ground because otherwise all previously primed ODL corridors would have gone to (or stayed) zero. So I hope that more banks/market makers etc... will come forward as soon as XRP is declared a currency (not a commodity OR security) and the USA and G20 agree on the so badly needed international regulation. In that sense September and October 2020 will be revealing months.

Edited by cryptoxrp
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cryptoxrp said:

You are right about ODL being 'scaled down' but  I question your argument that Ripple has stopped priming the corridors (dumped the treasury transfers) and has left them to grow by themselves. It seems Ripple was not able to 'prime' the larger (treasury) settlements in all ODL corridors in a sustained way and they changed strategy. That is the reason ODL liquidity suddenly went rock-bottom imho... Ripple actually reported the change in strategy 'of going after  SME/micro payments first'.... Sam Iam actually made a video about it and presents a reasonable explanation.

At present the ODL channels are on average around 5 % of what they used to be and they took around 6 months to build. As far as I am concerned this is a serious (6 months) setback and I hope that 'in time' new market makers will come in to solve/repair the ODL liquidity issue.

Your conclusion that an 'unprimed' ODL channel is efficient is holding ground because otherwise all previously primed ODL corridors would have gone to (or stayed) zero. So I hope that more banks/market makers etc... will come forward as soon as XRP is declared a currency (not a commodity OR security) and the USA and G20 agree on the so badly needed international regulation. In that sense September and October 2020 will be revealing months.

Actually the ODL fell from 20 million to between 2 and then rebuilt to 4 million.  This is more like 10% and then 20%

Screenshot_2020-07-17 RealTime XRP On Demand Liquidity Tracker - ODL Tracking.png

Re the reason - yes to release more liquidity to grow the SME market - which is a sensible target for growing the networks.

I do not think the reason was that Ripple could not afford to continue to fund the Treasury payments, they wanted to free up the space for the SMEs to grow.  Looks to me like a strategic decision by a confident company - (but maybe there was a failure, although that narrative does not fit what we know and what we have been told)

In my view if there is a worry it is that the new corridors are so slow to come online.  We were expecting Thailand in Q1 and now we are in Q3.  I think it is a bit of an uphill slog and priming the system/flywheel will cost money

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

There is a list of reasons for this...

  • In a market a "buyer" is - Ready, Willing, and Able to buy... fortunately most of those "Able" (crypto enthusiasts) are not Ready or Willing to buy XRP. It is well understood that the crypto community became hostile towards Ripple/XRP, which I personally see as an expression of fear of XRP/Rippled being better than BTC/Bitcoind. This has left the "window of opportunity" which is the time frame in which to buy, open for an astounding amount of time.
  • The Jed issue, flooded the market with supply, and continues to and will until he either a. has completely sold out, or b. becomes an irrelevant player due to increased trading volume. (and the only reason XLM is around is because he funded it with his XRP. I was on the phone with the gateway operator when the $1m went through.)
  • The entire crypto market is still young. I have said before that I tend to look at markets/companies etc on a "human timescale" so I'd say Crypto in general is about a 10 year old (not a professional athlete, but with high potential), of the herd Ripple looks to be among the most mature and developed towards adulthood, while BTC looks like it hit puberty a little bit early, and will be talking about his days as high school quarterback for the rest of his life. There are several others that are maturing like R3, and several in more niche usecases/industries. SWIFT has lasted around 50 years old, and I'd expect that it will never see 70 years old. Brenton Woods has lasted almost 100 years, and it's framework's influence will out live the framework itself.
  • The crypto markets in general have matured a lot over the past several years. We now have derivatives, futures, options, insurance, custody, institutional level services, etc. Some global player who I cant remember his name, said of the internet's growth "the first 20 years laid the ground work, for the explosive growth of the 2nd 20 years.".

Agree with you whole-heartedly here!! I would also add the regulatory clarity that the US essentially gave to BTC and ETH. This single-handily gave developers and investors the green light to build and invest in the BTC and ETH ecosystems leaving XRP/XRPL in a state of limbo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want the value of your personal stash to INCREASE.

This here is called projection sir.  It is apparently something that is in your wheelhouse to do,  but you evidently can’t conceive others may have less venal motives.
 

This place reeks of sour dispositions and disgruntled investors spewing bile and insults to any who dare to believe it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Agree with you whole-heartedly here!! I would also add the regulatory clarity that the US essentially gave to BTC and ETH. This single-handily gave developers and investors the green light to build and invest in the BTC and ETH ecosystems leaving XRP/XRPL in a state of limbo.

This too, but I also think I'm forgetting something fundamental. 

Distribution/Custody/profitable biz models (market making) that enable investment into operations... much of this has been in the works for years. Much of this is true for crypto in general, although Ripple have been stewarding effort.

We are watching an entire industry scale set of markets being developed simultaneously. Chicken & Egg... once born grow fast.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.