Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO, a valid observation friend. I will further add... We Hodlers aren't just speculating leaches - clinging to a healthy host in hopes it lives long and well - but we act as a counter-productiv

I guess those that are of the mindset that wants to believe that Ripple/XRP/ODL are failing will find comfort in this article, and use to promote their memes. Ripple put a squeeze on OTC sales to

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake. You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want t

Posted Images

Tnx! Glad you posted this article as I was in the process of posting it myself. It's a well balanced article with critical notes combined with positive developing upsides. The conclusion is that Ripple @JoelKatzis not doing enough to grow the retail community and still has it's focus on banks and institutions who will probably be using a XRP or XLM stablecoin derivatives while retailers and end-users are much more interested in XRP and XLM. Where Stellar is doing a good job in getting integrated with Samsung smartphones what is Ripple trying to do to compensate this growing competition?

The answer is plain and simple: Get retailers and end-users to be able to use XRP in a simple and efficient way and get XRP integrated in every known smartphone and webbrowser in the world! Ripple must find partners in that sense! Adoption means more users (not more banks or institutions).:yes3:

Note: Because Jed Mc Caleb is continously selling XRP he is in fact sucking up the XRP liquidity and is helping to destroy XRP's value to the benefit of XLM. By growing his user base, keeping the XLM spreads on the exchanges high and the supply of XLM low the price of XLM will be be able to rise. As a result the XRP retail investors (who take note of this development) will jump ship and XLM becomes a clear winner in the short term.

Edited by cryptoxrp
56 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

The conclusion is that Ripple @JoelKatzis not doing enough to grow the retail community and still has it's focus on banks and institutions who will probably be using a XRP or XLM stablecoin derivatives while retailers and end-users are much more interested in XRP and XLM.

Very good article and very good point. XRP adoption is abysmally failing with banks and other financial sector firms (except where Ripple pay them). In terms of technological development XRPL and Ripple more generally are really lagging.

10 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

What is motivating your obsessive interest in something that does not interest you ?

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake.
You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want the value of your personal stash to INCREASE.
Others (like myself) provide alternative viewpoints, to help keep it real, despite the fact that it may DECREASE THE VALUE OF MY OWN STASH!!

It’s called the opposite of greed...and it feels good!

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

WHY?? To keep others from making the same mistake.
You and others constantly provide positively biased reports and opinions to help convince others to hold or purchase XRP, solely because you want the value of your personal stash to INCREASE.
Others (like myself) provide alternative viewpoints, to help keep it real, despite the fact that it may DECREASE THE VALUE OF MY OWN STASH!!

It’s called the opposite of greed...and it feels good!

Cheers!

Sorry I do not buy that reply.  Yes step out to protect others, I do that myself, it is the duty of any honest kind citizen to protect others.

But that does not explain daily visits to this site (as opposed to occasional interventions to correct "biased", one-sided commentaries from advocates like myself which I personally welcome) to try to rubbish something that is an investment decision.  Investment decisions are private responsibilities, not homeless people in need of a hand from charitable friend or stranger. 

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

Sorry I do not buy that reply.  Yes step out to protect others, I do that myself, it is the duty of any honest kind citizen to protect others.

But that does not explain daily visits to this site (as opposed to occasional interventions to correct "biased", one-sided commentaries from advocates like myself which I personally welcome) to try to rubbish something that is an investment decision.  Investment decisions are private responsibilities, not homeless people in need of a hand from charitable friend or stranger. 

You don’t buy my argument because it hit too close too home...My guess is that you also do not buy XRP anymore either; do you?

BTW: It is the duty of every citizen to protect themselves, and their children; ESPECIALLY from any citizen claiming it is their duty to “HELP” them when no help was asked. For it is precisely those citizens (like yourself) that are truly the most dangerous, because they are blinded by their own light.

16 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You don’t buy my argument because it hit too close too home...My guess is that you also do not buy XRP anymore either; do you?

BTW: It is the duty of every citizen to protect themselves, and their children; ESPECIALLY from any citizen claiming it is their duty to “HELP” them when no help was asked. For it is precisely those citizens (like yourself) that are truly the most dangerous, because they are blinded by their own light.

I bought some XRP this month.  No your point seemed very unthreatening, but I replied because I recognise you as a serious contributor who had given me an honest response.  I come here to debate and have my views challenged, not help others in the charitable sense of the word..

Of course I have a point of view, like you do, and we both have our biases.  I do not think that makes either of us "dangerous".  

I hope I am not "blinded by my own light".  I try to keep my responses factually based , like my response above about inaccuracies in the article above.  It is up to others to challenge my point of view, and "factual appraisal", which so far you have failed to do.

It seems to me the dangerous ones are those who make wide ranging generalities and emotional responses that are not backed up with any attempt to ground their arguments with evidence.

Edited by Julian_Williams
51 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Investment decisions are private responsibilities, not homeless people in need of a hand from charitable friend or stranger. 

No they are not, most countries have a legal framework to protect people from making financial decisions based on bad or dishonest advice/incorrect information.

Edited by xerxesramesepolybius
Typo

Why XRP Price Hard to Raise?

There is a list of reasons for this...

• In a market a "buyer" is - Ready, Willing, and Able to buy... fortunately most of those "Able" (crypto enthusiasts) are not Ready or Willing to buy XRP. It is well understood that the crypto community became hostile towards Ripple/XRP, which I personally see as an expression of fear of XRP/Rippled being better than BTC/Bitcoind. This has left the "window of opportunity" which is the time frame in which to buy, open for an astounding amount of time.
  • The Jed issue, flooded the market with supply, and continues to and will until he either a. has completely sold out, or b. becomes an irrelevant player due to increased trading volume. (and the only reason XLM is around is because he funded it with his XRP. I was on the phone with the gateway operator when the $1m went through.)
  • The entire crypto market is still young. I have said before that I tend to look at markets/companies etc on a "human timescale" so I'd say Crypto in general is about a 10 year old (not a professional athlete, but with high potential), of the herd Ripple looks to be among the most mature and developed towards adulthood, while BTC looks like it hit puberty a little bit early, and will be talking about his days as high school quarterback for the rest of his life. There are several others that are maturing like R3, and several in more niche usecases/industries. SWIFT has lasted around 50 years old, and I'd expect that it will never see 70 years old. Brenton Woods has lasted almost 100 years, and it's framework's influence will out live the framework itself.
  • The crypto markets in general have matured a lot over the past several years. We now have derivatives, futures, options, insurance, custody, institutional level services, etc. Some global player who I cant remember his name, said of the internet's growth "the first 20 years laid the ground work, for the explosive growth of the 2nd 20 years.".
Edited by KarmaCoverage
35 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

It seems to me the dangerous ones are those who make wide ranging generalities and emotional responses that are not backed up with any attempt to ground their arguments with evidence

No the most “dangerous ones” across social media are those who construct a convincing looking narrative based an absence of objective facts

1 minute ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

No they are not, most countries have a legal framework to protect people from making financial decisions based on bad or dishonest advice/incorrect information.

I do not disagree with you there, which is why we need more regulation over exchanges in crytpo space, and why the relative price of crypto is such a poor identifier of the quality of assets put up for sale on exchanges..... but is a well regulated investment space the individual is responsible to do their own due diligence and take responsibility for their decisions.  They invest on the premise that they are wise enough to chose winning assets better than other competing investors in the marketplace  

12 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

This is a place to talk XRP developments

People here don't need any saviour

If I need to read someone bashing Xrp I just open reddit 

This place is getting full of downers too, I don't like it anymore.

Let her rips comment Fact's don't care about your feelings

I don't read your stuff let her rip, unless it is quoted, but commenting on what I do see quoted by others - your contributions are all negative feelings and no debate or facts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.