Sign in to follow this  
LeonidasH

Scam Alert: High-profile Twitter accounts hacked

I find it funny that it is now receiving public attention. I'm assuming it is because of Biden, Musk, Gates, and Bezos, since such scams have been going on for years. As most things in life it is not the number of people that are affected it is who in power is in affected. Case and point Brain Damage to vets and citizens but Gabrielle Giffords shot to the head got congress moving. Maybe something will come of it when those individuals loose their cryptocurrency if they have any.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, peanut56 said:

I find it funny that it is now receiving public attention. I'm assuming it is because of Biden, Musk, Gates, and Bezos, since such scams have been going on for years. As most things in life it is not the number of people that are affected it is who in power is in affected. Case and point Brain Damage to vets and citizens but Gabrielle Giffords shot to the head got congress moving. Maybe something will come of it when those individuals loose their cryptocurrency if they have any.

Yes, or the issue with Nick Cannon spending most of his time going into his strange racist theories about white people, yet his show gets canceled for briefly mentioning Jews in passing.

But going back to the topic, yes, hackers don't make vulnerabilities public.  They like to keep things hidden and I figure politicians are the same way, playing chess, only to reveal their next move at the most opportune time even though people could see it all along that they stalled to make the move at the appropriate time for maximum effect.

Edited by enrique11

With a hack the first people who will know, besides the hackers, would be within twitter itself. The reality is that hacking a twitter account is not new for crypto currency scams. It has happened in the past and it is happening now. The difference is that it was done to accounts that public views as an important person.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, xerxesramesepolybius said:

They couldn’t be bothered to hack Brad! 

He has no credibility left after "3 out of 5 top remittance companies using XRP", "a dozen banks coming EOY 2018", then "half the worlds top 20 banks using XRP next year" hype comments :biggrin:

Edited by LetHerRip

It's unfortunate that there will always be people that fall for these scams. Nobody is ever going to give you free money or free assets or anything. I will never provide my information to anyone or ask or give anything to anyone online that I did not initiate.