Sign in to follow this  
solodeji

Trader: XRP Had 57,000% Gains in 2016/2017 without Banks; Will Gain 750,000%+ With Utility and Banks in 2020/2021

23 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Until RL’s escrow is exhausted, XRP price will not go up.

Is this the fundamental flaw you think you unearthed?  
If there was any truth in any of the various assertions you made ( without supporting evidence) then XRP price couldn’t have ever gone up.  And yet it has,  on multiple occasions.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Of course you have no comment on the fundamental flaws of the system, that I pointed out, rather you post a baseless defense of your heroes,  like a good fanboy.

Instead of denigrating the person as a “fanboy” why don’t you try making coherent arguments?

I’m continually surprised by the lack of logic in disgruntled investors.  They seem willing to hold several contradictory views concurrently always choosing the darkest side of each.

5 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

Is this the fundamental flaw you think you unearthed?  
If there was any truth in any of the various assertions you made ( without supporting evidence) then XRP price couldn’t have ever gone up.  And yet it has,  on multiple occasions.

Instead of denigrating the person as a “fanboy” why don’t you try making coherent arguments?

I’m continually surprised by the lack of logic in disgruntled investors.  They seem willing to hold several contradictory views concurrently always choosing the darkest side of each.

How simple and coherent is “SUPPLY AND DEMAND?” 
There is an obvious oversupply of XRP, and virtually no demand. Couple this with the fact that RL has no interest in releasing it’s control of XRP to a free market and you get a worthless token.

This is a very logical and very simple (at least to most) point of view, yet you ignore it.

Why don’t you post a “coherent and logical” rebuttal to the escrow problem, rather than continually dodging the point and instead posting that your “feelings are hurt”😢

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 2:25 PM, Valhalla_Guy said:

Until RL’s escrow is exhausted, XRP price will not go up. Looking at the present situation it should only take another 28years. After all, it is Mr Garlinghouse and Schwartz’s retirement fund that we are talking about.

It has been explained to me why escrows should not influence xrp value. At the time I had understood, or I thought I had.

but because for me it seems contrary to normal market laws, that during ESCROW price rises, I have briefly looked again for explanations. I did not find one (not because it does not exist, but just for lack of time).

Anyway what I found interesting and difficult to deny is the fact that ESCROWs were occurring also during the peaks. The first escrow was issued on 01.01.2018 (1bln xrp) and during that release price still rose from 1.614$ to 3,28$. So at least that first release did not stop price from increasing almost 80%.

image.thumb.png.2c043922f36f15f003b5e5bea134896a.png

image.thumb.png.7e91999e3087242b354aa0b7271049a1.png

a second episode was 04.2018. Another billion and another jump (though smaller than the previous one):

image.thumb.png.f22487e49313f607f7a06f2abc757bad.png

image.thumb.png.27531b1403a12eb60871ed7f4db23361.png

and so on. For every jump you can also find a 1 bln release which should have blocked the price. 

On the other side we should say that, being more and more releases carried out, price should go further down, but instead there's an evident bottom holding or at least the slope is reducing.

image.thumb.png.2360a81b9257cb2795cffcd8bd274d18.png

It is true that bumps are smaller and smaller, but by now price seems to be holding despite the huge injections of xrp.

Edited by JJJ2
unfinished sentence deleted

2 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

It has been explained to me why escrows should not influence xrp value. At the time I had understood, or I thought I had.

but because for me it seems contrary to normal market laws, that during ESCROW price rises, I have briefly looked again for explanations. I did not find one (not because it does not exist, but just for lack of time).

Anyway what I found interesting and difficult to deny is the fact that ESCROWs were occurring also during the peaks. The first escrow was issued on 01.01.2018 (1bln xrp) and during that release price still rose from 1.614$ to 3,28$. So at least that first release did not stop price from increasing almost 80%.

image.thumb.png.2c043922f36f15f003b5e5bea134896a.png

image.thumb.png.7e91999e3087242b354aa0b7271049a1.png

a second episode was 04.2018. Another billion and another jump (though smaller than the previous one):

image.thumb.png.f22487e49313f607f7a06f2abc757bad.png

image.thumb.png.27531b1403a12eb60871ed7f4db23361.png

and so on. For every jump you can also find a 1 bln release which should have blocked the price. 

On the other side we should say that, being more and more releases carried out, price should go further down, but instead there's an evident bottom holding or at least the slope is reducing.

image.thumb.png.2360a81b9257cb2795cffcd8bd274d18.png

It is true that bumps are smaller and smaller, but by now price seems to be holding despite the huge injections of xrp.

Your charts may be accurate, but you must also remember that the escrow funds were not "released" or "dumped" onto the exchanges or open markets.

Back in 2018 and 2019 RL was doing a lot of (if not all) OTC transfers from their escrow. This means that the release had no impact on the public supply. This double pricing (public exchange price vs insider price) is precisely why the escrow is the problem.

Serious investors would not trust their own mothers with that kind of power, much less a gang of Bernie bros from San Francisco.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:03 PM, Scout said:

Thanks again Julian, that video is gold. Best discussion I’ve seen yet about what drives value and connects people to block chains. Those guys are so knowledgeable

The problem with the guys logic is he implies network effect of being on on one public blockchain relative to another drives value. The problem is the world of IT does not need to use blockchain for anything other that cryptocurrencies. The almost all IT use cases is between blockchains and the legacy world. Not between different blockchains. The “legacy” world wins pretty much every time on all attributes. Therefore his value model is wrong

7 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

How simple and coherent is “SUPPLY AND DEMAND?” 
There is an obvious oversupply of XRP, and virtually no demand.

If your simplistic view of price action was correct then it could never have gone up because there has ALWAYS been a huge circulating supply.

History shows how wrong you are.  

And hopefully one day you will be shown wrong again.  Meanwhile this board is full of disgruntled investors saying how what has already happened in the past can’t ever happen.  Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

And hopefully one day you will be shown wrong again.  Meanwhile this board is full of disgruntled investors saying how what has already happened in the past can’t ever happen.  Time will tell

I think I’ve said it before but how long to wait? Patience, just wait etc.. seems to have become a mantra to make up for lack of real progress

14 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

The problem with the guys logic is he implies network effect of being on on one public blockchain relative to another drives value. The problem is the world of IT does not need to use blockchain for anything other that cryptocurrencies. The almost all IT use cases is between blockchains and the legacy world. Not between different blockchains. The “legacy” world wins pretty much every time on all attributes. Therefore his value model is wrong

I don't get it. I watched that video and I can't recall him implying network effect being on one public blockchain relative to another drives value. Can you point me to where he mentions that?

Imo his message is 'winner takes all' and that value is created at layer 1 (native coins) and layer 2 (smart contracts). Regardless of wether the world of IT needs to use blockchain, value is undeniably there. BTC is 9000 USD worth, ETH = 235 USD worth and at the smart contract layer there is value (MakerDAO, Compound, etc). So why is the model wrong? It's just a model to point out where the value comes from when we talk about blockchains :-/

19 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

There's a good point here... I've seen an evolution of what I like to call "The 3 S's"

I will highlight these below with easy to decipher color imagary:

Shaming (don't look at me like I'm stupid)

hanging out waaaaaaay too long on thiS forum obsessing about a coin you despise,

and overall being a reall a$Shole!

Algorithms complimentary of my basement math, motherfudders!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

I think I’ve said it before but how long to wait? Patience, just wait etc.. seems to have become a mantra to make up for lack of real progress

excuse me but I'm not sure we met.... by any chance did you used to hang out in the Zerpening under a different handle? 

If not, are you Tiffany Hayden?

If neither, would you tell me if I was right?

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
didn't go to highschool but dammit.. I think it's "used to".... am I supposed to separate the "high" from the "school"?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Your charts may be accurate, but you must also remember that the escrow funds were not "released" or "dumped" onto the exchanges or open markets.

Back in 2018 and 2019 RL was doing a lot of (if not all) OTC transfers from their escrow. This means that the release had no impact on the public supply. This double pricing (public exchange price vs insider price) is precisely why the escrow is the problem.

Serious investors would not trust their own mothers with that kind of power, much less a gang of Bernie bros from San Francisco.

While I'm at it........

Hello Mr. Max Entropy!

amirite?

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
also, who runs this site?! Remember when you were calling for it to go dark.... sure you still believe that but I would love for you to elaborate!