XRP is the crypto to watch says Vegas blackjack pro

A pig is a pig, with makeup or not. It's this I think that separates the speculative market and the promise of future technology. Hopefully we all learn to see past the lipstick.

Who wrote the article for Forbes?

Answer : John Navin

Who the F***#$%***K is John Navin?

Answer : A nobody

Who did he interview?

Answer : A nobody called Steve without a surname.

An imaginary person? Maybe Steve is BG? No way, BG is bad at mathematics but good at bragging. Can it be JK? Maybe, now it is clear why he de-risk last year.

He needs money to spend in Vegas

Yeah I looked through the article for Steve's last name. I'm all for having confirmation about this person. If they were truly a part of the MIT blackjack group, a gambler, and an M.D. I would listen and be comfortable with adjusting my position towards the article and its ideas about xrp growth, but as it stands there just isn't any credibility to the article.

I've got nothing against the O.P. It was at least a read.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, peanut56 said:

Yeah I looked through the article for Steve's last name. I'm all for having confirmation about this person. If they were truly a part of the MIT blackjack group, a gambler, and an M.D. I would listen and be comfortable with adjusting my position towards the article and its ideas about xrp growth, but as it stands there just isn't any credibility to the article.

I've got nothing against the O.P. It was at least a read.

I initially thought Steve Wynn is a pseudonym (I kept asking myself 'did Steve Wynn?'), but it could be Steve Alan Wynn, founder of Wynn Resorts and estimated by Forbes to have a net worth of $2.4 billion in 2015.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wynn

I think it's him, but I'll check.

Edited by Danny
7 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

I don't know about you guys, but I just upped my limit sale order price for my xrps to $9999.99.  :acute:

What we really need for xrp to jump is for it to be deemed not a security.  Only then will we be back to the races.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

FCA has confirmed XRP is not a security, SEC hasn't. However, since both companies have signed cooperation arrangements reaffirming their commitment to continue close cooperation in March 2019, I'm convinced it's impossible for the SEC to view XRP differently. 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, thinlyspread said:

Just goes to show that any old crap can get onto Forbes (or almost any mainstream media site) these days, for eyeballs and clicks.

I hate their "Contributor" business model. They went this route to pump out as much content as possible to compete Huffpost, when it was a thing. 

Edited by Panzer_Kitteh

Steve Wynn is the pseudonym, they guy in question was supposedly part of the MIT Blackjack Team. It is a famous story that was the base of a bestseller book and a great movie. If he really was part of that team, he does have a robust mathematical circuit controlling his views.

The articles says the XRP ledgers native token was created to handle a value of 10 000 dollars, not that it ever would hold that value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_Blackjack_Team

Documentary about the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflVqavHHM0

Edited by mandelbaum

These fancy articles and writings continue to pop up and give every reason under the sun as to why the value of XRP should be astronomical. But, month after month, year after year, none of the articles reflect what is actually happening.

I guess if people keep throwing darts and saying why the price should be $X then eventually one person has to be right and can take credit.