kimaegaii

GateHub "Watch-only wallet" cannot send issue- SOLVED

i did but i've asked him about it and i see him active on the forum but i haven't heard a solution, its been a couple days.

Does anyone have suggestion how to fix the issue?

I've read everything I could about moving the funds with the secret code but it's all out of wack.

I've tried resolving this is issue but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I just want to be able to finally move the XRP.

4 hours ago, ptk said:

Does anyone have suggestion how to fix the issue?

I've read everything I could about moving the funds with the secret code but it's all out of wack.

I've tried resolving this is issue but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I just want to be able to finally move the XRP.

You have your secret key? Simply plug it into Rippex or www.theworldexchange.net. if you have your secret key then there is no problem. If you have your secret key and you cannot move your funds then I'm concerned about he veracity of the claim. If you don't have your secret key then it's a lot more complicated...

Edited by cmbartley

On 4/3/2017 at 0:34 PM, kimaegaii said:

Also when I tried to Exchange Ripple for USD it says "Invalid Secret"

'Watch only' and 'invalid secret' same issues with me.

Did you find a solution? I emailed support, but no reply.

Thanks

Guys you just have to be patient, Enej will take care of it he just has a lot going on right now. I tell you because I had the same problem a while ago and he fixed it but I was patient. 

17 hours ago, cmbartley said:

You have your secret key? Simply plug it into Rippex or www.theworldexchange.net. if you have your secret key then there is no problem. If you have your secret key and you cannot move your funds then I'm concerned about he veracity of the claim. If you don't have your secret key then it's a lot more complicated...

Thats what i'm thinking too, i have the address and the secret but i cant move it. that didn't make sense to me.

can you elaborate on the Rippex or theworldexchange.net? 

Also i received this when i tried to use theworkexchange.net.

Submitted with result: Auth for unclaimed account needs correct master key. See Details...
Check Account History to confirm successful transaction.

As i read more and see how ripple works, i had one question...

I see a ton of individuals on this forum and others reporting very similar issues.

I think i've figured out the problem. There only could be one... but it seems like everyone is in conjunction.

Is there a Problem of the Gatehub system messing up the secret key when establishing the account?

Please be transparent.

1 hour ago, ptk said:

As i read more and see how ripple works, i had one question...

I see a ton of individuals on this forum and others reporting very similar issues.

I think i've figured out the problem. There only could be one... but it seems like everyone is in conjunction.

Is there a Problem of the Gatehub system messing up the secret key when establishing the account?

Please be transparent.

I guess we could test this by creating a new account on Gatehub, transferring XRP to it, then attempting to transfer the XRP to another wallet by importing the secret key and attempting to send a transaction from a different wallet using the regular key. I don't have time to try this, can anyone give it a shot?

You won't be able to import the secret key because the ripple address is not the correct one attached to the secret key. So once you import the secret key it will be a different address. 

17 minutes ago, Mikedizzle said:

You won't be able to import the secret key because the ripple address is not the correct one attached to the secret key. So once you import the secret key it will be a different address. 

Yes, I tried it just now and different address showed up.

I need to transfer my funds out- no response from customer support @enejsince over a week now. Waiting

Hmm, I wonder if this has something to do with a regular vs master key set up. This should be the case for users that migrated their keys over. But, this is a problem if Gatehub isn't being up front about not granting users full control over the Ripple wallets it creates for them...

Or perhaps Gatehub is using a different curve to derive the public key? I know I've mentioned both these points before and I think I was rebuffed but I think public keys can be derived from either the secp256k1 or Ed25519 curves. Perhaps someone can whip up some code implementing both curves to determine whether you can produce the right public address. I admit, I am way out my depth here. But see the diagram here:

https://ripple.com/build/accounts/#address-encoding