kimaegaii

GateHub "Watch-only wallet" cannot send issue- SOLVED

Or at least reimburse us. This is not a user error this is a system malfunction. I understand they are busy but just a simple "yes we are working on it." Or something you know. 

Everyone following this thread please PM me your email address (if you haven't already). Our team is looking into this but we need to find your accounts so we can investigate further.

We'll get this solved immediately!

PS.: Sorry for the wait, I somehow missed this thread.

I've got the same problem as all the posters. Wallet stays at "watch only" even though there's more than 50 XRP in it. I'll send pm to @enej.

Im having the exact same issue. Whenever I try to send Ripple from "My Wallet" (the hosted one), it asks for a password. I never recall being asked to create a password for a "watch-only" wallet, and as an over-anxious perfectionist (particularly when what little money I do have is involved), I most certainly would've saved this password like I do all others in multiple locations.

Tells me password for watch-only wallet is wrong and that sending funds is disabled. I never wanted a watch-only wallet, why oh why do I have one?!

I want to make sure I can get back my own money from my own account before investing anymore. The "user wallets" I created after the initial send XRP just fine.

It's the first wallet created by GateHub upon creation of my account that I don't seem to have access to. I never would've sent funds to that wallet if I'd known this would be the case. But now that they're there and I can't seem to touch them, I'm wary to put any funds in any GateHub wallet altogether until I can be sure my initial XRP investment is liquid.

Can someone please help us? I've never had this problem with any other cryptocurrency. Sending usually "just works" and doesn't require an additional password to move funds from a "watch-only wallet" function that I never wanted in the first place. ?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to give up on Ripple!

52 minutes ago, tmac said:

Im having the exact same issue. Whenever I try to send Ripple from "My Wallet" (the hosted one), it asks for a password. I never recall being asked to create a password for a "watch-only" wallet, and as an over-anxious perfectionist (particularly when what little money I do have is involved), I most certainly would've saved this password like I do all others in multiple locations.

Tells me password for watch-only wallet is wrong and that sending funds is disabled. I never wanted a watch-only wallet, why oh why do I have one?!

I want to make sure I can get back my own money from my own account before investing anymore. The "user wallets" I created after the initial send XRP just fine.

It's the first wallet created by GateHub upon creation of my account that I don't seem to have access to. I never would've sent funds to that wallet if I'd known this would be the case. But now that they're there and I can't seem to touch them, I'm wary to put any funds in any GateHub wallet altogether until I can be sure my initial XRP investment is liquid.

Can someone please help us? I've never had this problem with any other cryptocurrency. Sending usually "just works" and doesn't require an additional password to move funds from a "watch-only wallet" function that I never wanted in the first place. ?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to give up on Ripple!

Hey tmac, 

There is a few of us here as you can see with the same issue. Enej, who is the CEO I think said he is working on the issue and contacted support personally. He asked us to message him our emails, so I think doing that would be a good start.

Also maybe posting your tx history if you have it might help? Like the tx that is being held in the watch only wallet.

Its been a long time, I don't think they are able to fix it. thats really really disappointing that I took a chance on a young company and they can't fix a simple bug or at least trouble shoot it.

Nothing new from Enej. The issue is the following (for myself) the secret key for the watch only wallet (you can see it in Advanced) is not matching the ripple address of that wallet. When i tried to import that wallet with this secret key, the ripple address wasn't the same as the previous one but the secret key was the same and the account balance is 0 because is the new wallet. My understanding is for the first wallet created by Gatehub the secret key is wrong and in that case we don't have a secret key for that wallet. I really don't know how to get back the fund.

29 minutes ago, rho12 said:

Nothing new from Enej. The issue is the following (for myself) the secret key for the watch only wallet (you can see it in Advanced) is not matching the ripple address of that wallet. When i tried to import that wallet with this secret key, the ripple address wasn't the same as the previous one but the secret key was the same and the account balance is 0 because is the new wallet. My understanding is for the first wallet created by Gatehub the secret key is wrong and in that case we don't have a secret key for that wallet. I really don't know how to get back the fund.

same for me. The secret key doesn't match the wallet.

Ok, so i'm not the only one, good to know. It means it's an internal issue and there are two ways, find the missing secret key or refund us because it's not a customer mistake. 

Hey I'm in the same boat, as I'm the one who created this thread. He said he's going to solve it immediately, I think we'll probably at least get an update in a day or so. Just my guess though. 

Who knows, this may be affecting more people who don't even realize because they never tried to send out the coins. They could be dealing with a crisis right now, we have no idea.

Anyways lets keep in touch.

I'm starting to get an ominous feeling... radio silence with a thread full of frozen accounts of new customers is not a good sign three days in. ?

@enej, won't you please assuage our worried minds with an update?

Sincerely,

tmac