Should have switched to Chainlink

If you're the slightest bit diversified, I've got a hunch that your time will come (and soon). Within a few weeks I think we'll start seeing comparable price appreciation in other tokens. Of course, XRP has a huge supply and that may restrict its upside to a degree. I am sure it will break its ATH within the next year though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And when i just would have invested 30% of everything that i earned the past 35 years into microsoft, then i would have had tens of millions right now, and when i would have invested that 30% in

The word hopium is really a bit smug.  It implies that that hope is some sort of drug that overpowers reason, without providing reasoned arguments why hope is unreasonable. XRP have been in a 2.5

In the meantime, let's enjoy being back at 30 cents for another year or two

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, JA8 said:

If you're the slightest bit diversified, I've got a hunch that your time will come (and soon). Within a few weeks I think we'll start seeing comparable price appreciation in other tokens. Of course, XRP has a huge supply and that may restrict its upside to a degree. I am sure it will break its ATH within the next year though.

That's another pill of hopium, it's been 3 years and counting.

58 minutes ago, anteksiler said:

The word hopium is really a bit smug.  It implies that that hope is some sort of drug that overpowers reason, without providing reasoned arguments why hope is unreasonable.

XRP have been in a 2.5 year bear market, in the last six months most other crypto have actually been doubling or tripling there all time lows, so their experience of bear market conditions lasted less than 2 years.  All the evidence seems to point a new bull market developing.

How big and fast will that bull market be?  Well there are many reasons to be optimistic and have hope that the bull market will be parabolic, maybe even more so than the last one that ended in Jan 2018.

The patterns of the last few cycles seem to be repeating themselves

There are more exchanges

The exchanges are easier for ordinary members of the public to join and use

The bear market has been too severe and weak hands are gone

Covid has left investment institutions with a lot of spare cash without a home.

Institutional investment is likely to join in this time round.

Many block chain projects have prospects of utility

I could make the list much longer

Edited by Julian_Williams
3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The word hopium is really a bit smug.  It implies that that hope is some sort of drug that overpowers reason, without providing reasoned arguments why hope is unreasonable.

XRP have been in a 2.5 year bear market, in the last six months most other crypto have actually been doubling or tripling there all time lows, so their experience of bear market conditions lasted less than 2 years.  All the evidence seems to point a new bull market developing.

How big and fast will that bull market be?  Well there are many reasons to be optimistic and have hope that the bull market will be parabolic, maybe even more so than the last one that ended in Jan 2018.

The patterns of the last few cycles seem to be repeating themselves

There are more exchanges

The exchanges are easier to use

The bear market has been too severe and weak hands are gone

Covid has left investment institutions with a lot of spare cash without a home.

Institutional investment is likely to join in this time round.

Many block chain projects have prospects of utility

I could make the list much longer

you missed out that @AlejoMoreno will make #Monero great again this bull market around

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

this next run will be governed by sentiment and prospect of utility, since no coin has much utility yet.

@Julian_WilliamsI have read your posts for a long time, and they are very measured.  I appreciate your responses to the FUD. I agree that utility is still in the distance, but I hope that newer projects don't outpace XRP in the meantime.  If the really big players, and not the token-of-the-month fan boys, are the primary drivers of the next run, that would certainly be a better scenario for the legit projects.

BTW, my 50,000 comment was intended to be more in humor than in earnest.  Failed attempt at a joke.  :biggrin:

52 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

@Julian_WilliamsI have read your posts for a long time, and they are very measured.  I appreciate your responses to the FUD. I agree that utility is still in the distance, but I hope that newer projects don't outpace XRP in the meantime.  If the really big players, and not the token-of-the-month fan boys, are the primary drivers of the next run, that would certainly be a better scenario for the legit projects.

BTW, my 50,000 comment was intended to be more in humor than in earnest.  Failed attempt at a joke.  :biggrin:

my remark was not pointed at you.

Personally I think there are good reasons XRP will be picked up as amongst the most promising projects for institutions to buy into

COVID is destroying fiat currency. And maybe China knew this. Inflation will dismantle USD and therefore most if not all fiat - not kill it of course, ever, but change the growth outlook. Crypto will be absorbed by FI's who have no choice and will seek capped supply digital assets as a hedge. There's only one crypto that actually can play full court in FX three pairs while absorbing hedge flow as the bridge asset. And maybe the US knew this.

Edited by Guest
On 8/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, anteksiler said:

The biggest fall of XRP fans is the opportunity cost. Not in terms of other coins that go stratospherically, rather other asset classes that are rocking. The last two years have been incredible for stock traders and still are. There are still many bargains and technologies that are adopting more customers through subscribers or have potential growth. 
One year ago, I posted I bought FB at 200, and someone said it's too high. Bought NIO at $7,  now its $14. 
Moved some cash to BAT as a new currency at 20 cents, now it's 30. Do I think BAT is the next best thing? NO clue, but its traction, it's moving. As long as its moving, I am in. It will "explode" I will get out. If it won't' ok, I'll move to something that has traction. 

It's ok to believe; it's ok to think long term, but it's not ok to have unrealistic expectations. There is always a Netflix story, an Amazon, and a hindsight Bitcoin. But you should be very patient when it goes in your favor, and be an impatient investor when nothing is going on.  

Move on; you are in too much pain. I have been there. The market can suck your spirit dry because of hope. 

8 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

The biggest fall of XRP fans is the opportunity cost. Not in terms of other coins that go stratospherically, rather other asset classes that are rocking. The last two years have been incredible for stock traders and still are. There are still many bargains and technologies that are adopting more customers through subscribers or have potential growth. 
One year ago, I posted I bought FB at 200, and someone said it's too high. Bought NIO at $7,  now its $14. 
Moved some cash to BAT as a new currency at 20 cents, now it's 30. Do I think BAT is the next best thing? NO clue, but its traction, it's moving. As long as its moving, I am in. It will "explode" I will get out. If it won't' ok, I'll move to something that has traction. 

It's ok to believe; it's ok to think long term, but it's not ok to have unrealistic expectations. There is always a Netflix story, an Amazon, and a hindsight Bitcoin. But you should be very patient when it goes in your favor, and be an impatient investor when nothing is going on.  

Move on; you are in too much pain. I have been there. The market can suck your spirit dry because of hope. 

You're doing well

8 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

I agree with the sentiment to diversify.  Opportunity cost? Well, I accumulated gold and silver through 2018 while people were saying they haven't been performing for years...I held and held, and now in 2020 my patience is rewarded.  You could say it was an "opportunity cost" to hold gold and silver for 2 years while prices were flat, I guess....but you just don't know the future, so all you can do is diversify and not get too uncomfortable with your holdings.....and always take profits. Always. 

No need falling in love with everyone's favorite coin, XRP.

Investments are meant to make money, not be dead money.

After two years of buying the XRP dip, i finally took a loss on a portion of my XRP and diversified into vet and sha, and most recently zap and link.

Bought VET at .005, ADA .05, SHA, not sure but its in the money. Lol. ZAP at .015, and LINK at $5.

Couple weeks ago i took profit. Vet at .02. Sha at .003, link at $14 and zap at .22

That profit paid for all my furnishings and appliances at my new lake cabin. Also is paying for a new dock to be installed and the lot to be landscaped. 

Next profit taking will be a new bass boat.

I was able to get back my original investment plus profit. Now all my VET, SHA, LINK and ZAP is cost free. No worries!

Had i held onto to my XRP and continued to HOPE it goes up, i would be sitting at zero ROI after 3 yrs of investment. This is crypto, not the stock market. ROI is expected at some point. High risk high reward is why we buy crypto. Hopium is dead money.

Did XRP go up a bit after i diversified? Yep.

Same with Link and sha. But taking profit is important! I spent over 20 years investing and hoping for that life changing homerun and watched plenty of value disappear waiting for the homerun when i should have taken profit.

Many running bats in are better then relying on one home run. I learned my lesson and changed my ways.

And just to be clear, i still own a small bag of xrp. I'll always hodl that, just in case.

Good luck!

Edited by XRPisVELOCITY
typo
14 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I agree with the sentiment to diversify.  Opportunity cost? Well, I accumulated gold and silver through 2018 while people were saying they haven't been performing for years...I held and held, and now in 2020 my patience is rewarded.  You could say it was an "opportunity cost" to hold gold and silver for 2 years while prices were flat, I guess....but you just don't know the future, so all you can do is diversify and not get too uncomfortable with your holdings.....and always take profits. Always. 

I am happy that you made a good return, and I don't want to rain on your parade. In those two years you held, stocks that are common knowledge went 4X,5X and 10X. This is not a single stock, rather a large group of stocks that experienced that. So there is always an opportunity cost. 
Further, gold is not a liquid commodity unless it's sold through a Futures contract as a speculative tool. Cash gold has a huge spread, and when you buy it, they add 200 Basis and the same on the sell while reduced.  
But, back to the main point. 

Most get into assets and then convince themselves it was the right move, finding a support group for their ideas, and information that justifies it. I am always aware of this when I trade. My decisions are faulty as far as I am concern, and ONLY the market proves me right or wrong as a confirmation to my idea. 
Everyone has to start with a story of "why?" In the case of XRP, I thought that there is a crowd of people who missed out on BTC and are looking for a story to buy.  XRP was cheap in the single cents, and I thought its illiquidity would drive the prices up. There were blogs, forums, and Twitters of diehard fans, and since it's in the single cents, what's the downside? Gateways corridors, banks switching, and everyone "behind" was a perfect belief system for the markets to spike. I thought it would form single cents to a dollar (20X), not 60X. That profit was pure luck despite all my predictions. Many were in the FOMO stage and jumped at high prices nd retired on this site. 

Now there is a narrative in technology due to COVID. 
BAT is a narrative with a story. The new browser, people get paid to click on ads, etc. A story. Would it happen, I don't know, but I do now it's 37 cents from the 20 that I bought it at. As long as it's going up slowly, I am in, and I think it has a story that many would use to get in (confirmation bias). I see a $5 in a year.
NIO (stock) is an excellent story for the own Chinese market of a car. That could be huge. 
I am losing on APRN. So I thought that due to COVID, more people would get food through delivery. Well, they did, and the stock posted an excellent first positive earning after quite a few losses, well....stock halved. I don't sit here and say, "it does not make sense" because the stock is a forward-looking mechanism. It is where it is for a reason. 
Cut your losses out fast. Let profits run and run and run. Avoid the "take profit immediately." 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.