XRP Research Collective

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Over the last year, I have seen XRP Chat fall into a downward spiral. Whether you personally care or not, the price is not where most would like it to be, so peo

If there is anything that I'm Not worried about, it's Ripple and XRP. I've watched them from the first time @JoelKatz referenced my comment about the Utility Value of XRP on the 'official forum'

Firstly welcome.  I agree with much of what you write.  The open forum has degenerated and has become dominated by dispirited trolls who want to vent their anger, rather than contribute to the debate.

Firstly welcome.  I agree with much of what you write.  The open forum has degenerated and has become dominated by dispirited trolls who want to vent their anger, rather than contribute to the debate.  It is really important to "user ignore" these sad characters and never to reply to them, because they get their kicks from disrupting positive discussion.  (but be careful not to user ignore sceptics that are here to debate, we need them)

A big factor is that many of the enthusiasts post and discuss on the Zerpening closed club forum, and do not even bother to share their new information more widely.  Recently I have found myself making posts on both the open forum and the Zerpening forum, because they are essentially different audiences.

I have toyed with the idea of starting a rolling thread following the almost daily analysis from crypto Eri in Japan.   I believe the Far East is where blockchain will take off first, whilst the US investors continue to drag their feet and be more interested in Bitcoin than utility driven blockchain projects.  I think the interesting stuff and the IoV are going to take root first in underdeveloped countries with poor banking facilities and the Far East.  This time round the Silicon Valley of the IoV will be less centred in the US, and much more dispersed around the globe in countries like China, Japan, India and a scattering of underdeveloped countries that get their acts together.

Edited by Julian_Williams
2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

A big factor is that many of the enthusiasts post and discuss on the Zerpening closed club forum, and do not even bother to share their new information more widely.  Recently I have found myself making posts on both the open forum and the Zerpening forum, because they are essentially different audiences.

Is it possible to get an invite to this forum? Both OP and you are pointing out my frustration. I'm not getting any real content or news from XRPchat (or the /ripple or /xrp subs). If its invite-only, can folks request one?

32 minutes ago, Undershoes said:

Is it possible to get an invite to this forum? Both OP and you are pointing out my frustration. I'm not getting any real content or news from XRPchat (or the /ripple or /xrp subs). If its invite-only, can folks request one?

I think Ripple is a to a large extent responsible for this. Generally they only reveal only part of the truth and not a representative part of the truth at that. Announcements about "partnerships" are fine but no official statistics on things like ODL volumes, number of paying customers for Ripplenet or even Ripplenet volumes. No independent audited analysis of the cost benefits of using XRP in transactions. If there were any good news in the real numbers they would get released.

I now await the standard responses about NDAs, that is not how business is done, its all our fault for investing and DYOR.

9 hours ago, Gambaard said:

Hi everyone,

long time lurker here. Over the last year, I have seen XRP Chat fall into a downward spiral. Whether you personally care or not, the price is not where most would like it to be, so people become angry/leave/only react out of spite. The lambomoonboys are gone, thank god, but it seems that they have been replaced by trolls, Maxi's and general gloom. And that's a shame. XRP Chat is shrinking and the number of in-depth analyses and qualified speculation has dropped with it.

That's what I would like to change.
I would like to start an XRP Research Collective. A group, here on XRP Chat, of likeminded individuals that would rather research the shit out of topics, than to sit, wait and speculate. It's main goal is to find factual information, with some room for 'connecting the dots' for those who want to. I propose a 5 weekday period of purely sourcing and sharing data on one topic, followed by a weekend of connecting dots between the found information. All participants can vote on what topic to research next. By having a specific goal with a specific set of rules, I think we, as a collective, can find so much more information than anyone could alone. Let's work together and get XRP Chat into a positive spiral again!

Topics of research could be: SBI, Coil, US regulation, EU regulation, ODL, Ripplenet partners, ... I think we should try to stay as factual as possible, so that everyone can draw his/her own conclusions. So no articles/video's from the Ripple/XRP Army, only from the source (Ripple official, partner pages, government documents). Figure out where they got their information from, and then find the actual source. Let's keep the hopium to a limit, at least until it's the weekend...

Please respons if you have any suggestions for the whole set-up, or if you would like to add a topic to the research list.

Wow...You are like Captain America. Last time you awake US is still fight in WW2. Now, we're winning the war.

Lol.. Welcome to 21st century.

Don't be too serious okay... I'm afraid you gonna get heart attack if you hear XRP price today compare from your era.

And everthing that our president says about big banks, none of them are real (well, except SBI) But I think SBI is just medium banks in Japan. Well once again... Welcome..

AVENGERS ASSEMBLED !!!!

avengerfrozen3212012.jpeg

Edited by FreedomGundam

Whelp, good luck on your adventure. Ripple is a private company and doesn't have to disclose anything. Many people have looked for facts before, but when they didn't find anything, the community declared they are all hidden behind non disclosure agreements.

You get a lot of 'like minded individuals" together to research topics that lack clear facts and, well, your dot connecting won't be limited to the weekends. 

Every major religion has members who study their respective religion to look for "facts" that they can share with others. Despite many of these religions being in conflict with each other, these groups always feel successful.

tldr: Without hard facts, cognitive bias will likely eventually over take this proposed group.

13 hours ago, Gambaard said:

I would like to start an XRP Research Collective. A group, here on XRP Chat, of likeminded individuals that would rather research the shit out of topics, than to sit, wait and speculate.

Good luck with the Collective but may I ask what the purpose of this initiative is? Is it about xrpchat or about you needing more hands for your research or something else? 

If you are looking for a echo chamber I suggest you join the zerpening club.

Those trolls you are referring to are investors who have been sceptical about the price and realistic about the expectation of xrp. All the way back when 99% of this forum was filled with tinfoil lunatics who thought xrp was going to $589 and looked down on anyone who weren't betting the farm on this asset.

I have seen enough dot connecting from so called researchers and delusional cult members to know that ultimately it's just a waste of time. Why waste time on trying to connect dots in this highly manipulated market that's filled with fake news and false promises even from the CEO himself.

All you can do is sit back and wait for another bullrun. The rest is a waste of time.

10 hours ago, Staigera said:

this highly manipulated market that's filled with fake news and false promises even from the CEO himself.

You forget their CTO, he said he is de-risking and selling his BTC these years, but his wallet addresses tells a different story.

He is just transferring and accumulating his BTC to other wallets and deleting traces of his old publicy known wallets

15 hours ago, Zerpple said:

Whelp, good luck on your adventure. Ripple is a private company and doesn't have to disclose anything. Many people have looked for facts before, but when they didn't find anything, the community declared they are all hidden behind non disclosure agreements.

You get a lot of 'like minded individuals" together to research topics that lack clear facts and, well, your dot connecting won't be limited to the weekends. 

Every major religion has members who study their respective religion to look for "facts" that they can share with others. Despite many of these religions being in conflict with each other, these groups always feel successful.

tldr: Without hard facts, cognitive bias will likely eventually over take this proposed group.

I'm happy you typed what I thought. So I don't have to do it since I usually feel it's a waste of time :)

Some of these "researchers" will turn anything into facts for their luny-theories. I'm all for the initiative but I'm afraid it will be difficult to base it on facts and stay on facts.

Edited by SquaryBone
On 7/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, 10millionplus said:

You forget their CTO, he said he is de-risking and selling his BTC these years, but his wallet addresses tells a different story.

He is just transferring and accumulating his BTC to other wallets and deleting traces of his old publicy known wallets

Really, is that so? Any source for that information because I could not find any. 

I guess the picture of a mining farm fits the narrative you play on this forum.

ps. The Zerpening is not that echo chamber @Staigera is calling it anymore. Even more there are many critics of Ripple and XRP openly in there. They just, opposite to the open forum, come with sources, facts and open debate to make their negative stance on XRP and add something to discussions by doing that. Oh, and a lot of GIFs...

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Really, is that so? Any source for that information because I could not find any. 

I guess the picture of a mining farm fits the narrative you play on this forum.

ps. The Zerpening is not that echo chamber @Staigera is calling it anymore. Even more there are many critics of Ripple and XRP openly in there. They just, opposite to the open forum, come with sources, facts and open debate to make their negative stance on XRP and add something to discussions by doing that. Oh, and a lot of GIFs...

I don't gain if XRP is going south, I have a big bag to hold.

Brad and David are not truly honest.

If Mike Novogratz and Hikmet Ersek address doubts about XRP, Brad Garlinghouse and David Schwartz should resolve their doubts instead of bashing these people.

Hikmet Ersek did only 10 transactions to figure out that the price of the full package of Ripplenet is not going to save his company money.

The cost of their software is to high because their ain't enough corridors open yet to make profit out of it to justify the investment for Western Union.

That's why you only see small players with specific corridor can profit from Ripplenet now.

Moneygram can profit because they get the software free to use. (You do understand why Western Union wants to buy Moneygram? I think they are going to force Ripple to get the software for free via a take over)

With Yoshitaka Kitao into the board of Ripple things will change, he knows the price of the software is too high to be successful in the short term, I think he is trying to convince the others to drop the price.

In one of her videos on Youtube, a female Youtuber says "people don't understand banks", I am pretty sure she doesn't understand it herself. I can assure you banks don't invest in things they can't profit from.

Banks love Ripplenet, but the price is to high yet, that's why you see them sign up for Xcurrent instead of the full package, ready to bite their teeth into it when they can make money out of it. (A long time ago JD.com was very interested in Ripplenet, now they don't, they hire people to look for alternatives. To tell you a secret, the price was to high)

Don't belief those shit about regulations from Brad and how slow banks move, not all countries has moved as slow as the US does.

You can find David addresses via bitcointalk and track their traces, bitcoin is NOT ANONYMOUS, I assume that you with so much knowledge knows how it works.

2 hours ago, 10millionplus said:

I don't gain if XRP is going...

Those are a lot of words for saying 'I don't have sources'. And even more words trying to convince me/people while painting more of the same narrative, again without any facts or sources.

The only fact you present is Hikmet Ersek saying that Ripplenet was not cost efficient in some short tests. He also said in the same interview they continue testing but for now they're happy with their own settlement system. Every other single sentence you just wrote is your opinion, interpretation, and some tinfoil hat thinking. 

I'll add the source for you below, starts at 11:15, I assume that you with so much knowledge know how youtube works.