Japan getting ready to join ODL network

1 minute ago, solid102 said:

That is because you are focusing so much on the size of the volume instead of the flow. Before when ODL carried big payments you just see couple payments move around once every 2 to 4 seconds. Now when you look at it with smaller broken up payments you see XRP flying around like data it is incredible to witness and I can only imagine what it would look like once the corridors start revving up.

I have my own theory as to why they have done this and it relates to whale bots and how they increase or decrease prices of Crypto. If you ever observed whale bots at action to lower the price they don't just dump 4 million XRP at a lower price in one or two goes instead they hundreds of bots start selling XRP selling small batches of XRP at a gradual reduced price in small rapid succession across many exchanges to give the impression of a reduction in price that ends up triggering other bots to lower and other traders to sell crashing the price. My theory is Ripple is trying to accomplish something similar except with actual utility and real volume not bots or whale action.

Does anyone think that secretly Ripple is behind these bots to control/manipulate price?

20 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

The ODL volume is down so low since two weeks ago its not even exciting to watch any more.

I suspect that this is due to a total reset of the system at least for some customers. Abandoning the "treasury" payments is not the only change Ripple has adopted but rather a different way of handling payment transactions (batch driven vs real time payments). Obviously this requires system configurations and extensive testing.

Today it seems to be picking up so some of your excitement might be back.😉

7 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Does anyone think that secretly Ripple is behind these bots to control/manipulate price?

No.  Arbitrage bots have been around for years.  I think the only thing Ripple has done manipulation-wise is attempt to control the volume and transaction sizes with ODL to make data interpretation / analysis easier to better understand how to evolve their product and/or roadmap.

9 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Does anyone really believe that a company under so much scrutiny would try messing around with amateur bot type manipulation to affect price?

Why in this space is there such an endless creation of nonsense conspiracy theories?

People who have had high hopes that were not realised become very bitter sometimes.  They feel exonerated if they can find some external wickedness to blame.

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

People who have had high hopes that were not realised become very bitter sometimes.  They feel exonerated if they can find some external wickedness to blame.

I agree and do not think this...mine was a cynical question.  In no way do I think this company would risk the fallout associated with manipulating the market.  That RISK would be far to great to mess around.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:

I beg to differ. That is not the Japanese flag. That is a stop sign.

I'm only joking, and I'm not intending to pour cold water on your newsworthy post.

in my country the stop sign is a red ring with a white centre

this is a white ring with a red centre - the very opposite to a stop sign. I think what you are seeing is a keep going sign, but a few poor souls will wish to see it as a stop now sign.

https://pngtree.com/freepng/vector-stop-icon_3788187.html

Edited by Julian_Williams