Xrp the coin that the banks love

6 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I don’t follow you.  My observation is that if there is one thing that most mined crypto communities hate its the ‘unmined’ coins.

Since Bitcoin is the big daddy and most other coins are mined,  it’s fairly easy to conclude that if you are looking for a ‘most hated’ coin it will be an unmined one.  Of those XRP is the most prominent by a long long way.

So it’s reasonable, and it’s observable,  to say that yes, XRP definitely IS the most hated coin.

But maybe that chain of logic is showing the deteriorating state of my mental health.   :) 

My comment was towards letherrip, not you.

My comment already confirmed that XRP is probably the most polarized token, so it has absolutely many haters (idealistic reasons or whatever), but it also has an incredible share of followers all over the world. This sounds as if XRP supporters are excluded from the crypto community, whatever this is.

Edited by Frisia
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your doing it wrong XRP = The crypto currency that the crypto community hates the most. XRP = The Bankster coin that no banker wants to use.  

I would rather say: Some banks are intrigued, SWIFT is getting scared, investors will say whatever (including make up stuff and lie) to make money. Governments are confused. Ripple just keep

Yes,  US.  Ripple is a US based company.  Majority of central banks leverage the US Dollar.  The world is watch to see if the US Dollar will continue to be the core of the global banking landscape.  C

Posted Images

Guys,  its very simple......  Brad uses the analogy that its faster and often cheaper to put the money in a suitcase and fly it to your destination.  Do the math on a $10M transfer and you will see.

And if you think Banks would not do this to save and make more money you are WRONG.  However, due to regulations its not legal to do this,  and banks tend to be very conservative when it comes to regulation.

When regulation is completed, banks will jump on this technology so fast many will be shocked.  And which crypto is strategically aligning with regulators and banks??.....yep.....XRP through @Ripple

The Bitcoin folks are truly anti-regulation at the core...but when regulation finally gains global acceptance people will flock to the asset that has so cleverly aligned with regulators.  DYOR and you might come to the same conclusion....  I did with amazing detail on the coming global regulation race.  China vs. US, vs. all the others.  It is a race that the US does not want to lose. 

29 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

However, due to regulations its not legal to do this,  and banks tend to be very conservative when it comes to regulation.

Just curious - what regulation are we talking here exactly - US? As far as I know a lot of countries have already given regulatory green light - Singapore, UK, Japan(?).. I'm pretty sure there are others. However, banks are nowhere to be seen - you would think Brad as a CEO of Ripple and dealing with banks and customers all the time would've known this kind of stuff 2+ years ago when he said that major banks will be using ODL in 2019 - or he's suddenly surprised there's no regulatory clarity :) 

From what was mentioned before by people at Ripple, xrapid/ODL was created exactly so that banks don't have to ever touch crypto etc. i.e. there won't be any regulatory blockers. But at the end of the day people are still waiting for some magical global regulation to happen, seems to me like clutching at straws.

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

Just curious - what regulation are we talking here exactly - US? As far as I know a lot of countries have already given regulatory green light - Singapore, UK, Japan(?).. I'm pretty sure there are others. However, banks are nowhere to be seen - you would think Brad as a CEO of Ripple and dealing with banks and customers all the time would've known this kind of stuff 2+ years ago when he said that major banks will be using ODL in 2019 - or he's suddenly surprised there's no regulatory clarity :) 

From what was mentioned before by people at Ripple, xrapid/ODL was created exactly so that banks don't have to ever touch crypto etc. i.e. there won't be any regulatory blockers. But at the end of the day people are still waiting for some magical global regulation to happen, seems to me like clutching at straws.

Yes,  US.  Ripple is a US based company.  Majority of central banks leverage the US Dollar.  The world is watch to see if the US Dollar will continue to be the core of the global banking landscape.  China is aggressively working to change this and it is Regulation that will ignite the Crypto industry.

Recently a conservative friend of mine told me he will never touch crypto, ever.  He called if fake internet money made up out of thin air.  He also told me that same thing about online discount brokerage trading platforms like e-trade years ago.  I say E-trade because he felt he could not hold the paper and own a part of something with proof in hand.  Today he only trades with his broker via online mechanisms and never holds a piece of paper.  It will take time but the world will follow.

Seems like yesterday I sent my very first electronic message that took 2 days to get from South Florida to Southern California for free through a series of relayed messaging services on BBS (Bulletin Board Services) using my Commodore 64 Computer.  Friends laughed and said it would never replace the USPS.  "To Slow"  " the network does not exist" "everyone one is not on the system", "technology is not good for most people", and the list of reasons went on and on....I however believed and launched a successful career in technology and laughed at them quietly under my breath.

I see this technology building strong and with the lessons of the dot com bubble it seems to be growing in a healthy way.  I am aligned with @Ripple and their vision for IoV just as much as I was in the early 80's and the internet and e-mail.

Edited by itcdominic
spelling sux
26 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Yes,  US.  Ripple is a US based company.  Majority of central banks leverage the US Dollar.  The world is watch to see if the US Dollar will continue to be the core of the global banking landscape.  China is aggressively working to change this and it is Regulation that will ignite the Crypto industry.

Recently a conservative friend of mine told me he will never touch crypto, ever.  He called if fake internet money made up out of thin air.  He also told me that same thing about online discount brokerage trading platforms like e-trade years ago.  I say E-trade because he felt he could not hold the paper and own a part of something with proof in hand.  Today he only trades with his broker via online mechanisms and never holds a piece of paper.  It will take time but the world will follow.

Seems like yesterday I sent my very first electronic message that took 2 days to get from South Florida to Southern California for free through a series of relayed messaging services on BBS (Bulletin Board Services) using my Commodore 64 Computer.  Friends laughed and said it would never replace the USPS.  "To Slow"  " the network does not exist" "everyone one is not on the system", "technology is not good for most people", and the list of reasons went on and on....I however believed and launched a successful career in technology and laughed at them quietly under my breath.

I see this technology building strong and with the lessons of the dot com bubble it seems to be growing in a healthy way.  I am aligned with @Ripple and their vision for IoV just as much as I was in the early 80's and the internet and e-mail.

I agree with all your sentiments

Nothing is going to get in the way of the benefits of the internet of value, and to provide those benefits the internet of value will utilise digital money. 

cross border payments with without counter party DA's have to be part of that revolution, so I cannot see Ripple/XRP missing out on what is inevitable

Edited by Julian_Williams

"And if you think Banks would not do this to save and make more money you are WRONG.  However, due to regulations its not legal to do this,  and banks tend to be very conservative when it comes to regulation.

When regulation is completed, banks will jump on this technology so fast many will be shocked.  And which crypto is strategically aligning with regulators and banks??.....yep.....XRP"  

Exactly!  What people seem to be overlooking in the regulatory piece of the puzzle, is that banks can't risk holding xrp and therefore can't really jump on board at this time. Why? As has been said on multiple occasions, the necessary liquidity to enable the large-scale transactions that they handle, isn't yet up to snuff - I believe that the ODL treasury pivot was exactly for this reason - they tested it and saw that it would be too limiting at full scale: at this time. Ripple is scrambling to both provide an alternate means of custody, (Polysign) and to ramp up liquidity in each of the corridors that are opening up, while anxiously awaiting the regulatory clarity issue. The U.S. is dragging its heels, which might reflect a fear of losing control of the reserve status of the dollar as alternative forms of "money" are likely seen as a threat. Look at what the U.S. did to silver shortly after the 2008 financial crisis where they stepped in and raised margin rates for the first time since doing this to bust the Hunt brothers control of the market. They did this when silver ran up into the $40's and then several months later, when silver started to come back after they crushed it, they went and did it again. The U.S. obviously doesn't feel as threatened by Bitcoin or Etherium, likely because they don't see them as having anywhere near the same potential to be instantaneously liquid. I might be way off base, but I've gotta wonder if this isn't the reason why it's taking so long. Imho, Ripple is doing everything in their power to engineer an "end-run" around this stalling, by organically growing the liquidity pools. Once banks can hold xrp, sourcing additional liquidity will become a piece of cake.     

3 hours ago, iLeeT said:

126312794791906099312631279479190609931263127947919060993https://twitter.com/JoelKatz/status/1263127947919060993

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
10 minutes ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

There is some pertinence, I thought.... no?

Maybe it's just me but I can't see any of the images, only thing I can see is one tweet link which doesn't seem to have much to do with my post. 

14 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

My observation is that if there is one thing that most mined crypto communities hate its the ‘unmined’ coins.

Since Bitcoin is the big daddy and most other coins are mined,  it’s fairly easy to conclude that if you are looking for a ‘most hated’ coin it will be an unmined one.  Of those XRP is the most prominent by a long long way.

So it’s reasonable, and it’s observable,  to say that yes, XRP definitely IS the most hated coin.

Tough to argue against that point!

14 hours ago, Frisia said:

My comment was towards letherrip, not you.

My comment already confirmed that XRP is probably the most polarized token, so it has absolutely many haters (idealistic reasons or whatever), but it also has an incredible share of followers all over the world. This sounds as if XRP supporters are excluded from the crypto community, whatever this is.

I agree, one side we have haters that probably got trauma because they lost money because of investing XRP. The other side we have believers that still hold a lot of XRP and don't want to cut lost, because they will lost a lot of money.

But, you forget the other third party that laughing at both of them while enjoying your money (Hint: The name start start with letter "R")

Baby Money.png

11 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

I agree, one side we have haters that probably got trauma because they lost money because of investing XRP. The other side we have believers that still hold a lot of XRP and don't want to cut lost, because they will lost a lot of money.

But, you forget the other third party that laughing at both of them while enjoying your money (Hint: The name start start with letter "R")

Ron Burgundy??!!

say what will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie