XRP is going to total failure. What will you do with your HODlings?

On 6/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, mrhat75 said:

Ripple keeps plowing forward. Haven't seen anything suggesting that this will fail. Only seen impatient loser moonboys be mad that they aren't millionaires after 3 years. Shit I totally would love 589 or even $5 off speculation but it hasn't happened, only real progress has 

Could fail, that's why you have other plans for success.

Ripple, not necessarily XRP. That is where I am a bit disappointed. It's not about moonshots or necessarily the price. I feel Ripple has been guilty of over promising and underdelivering. I know they are working hard and the adoption rate in this sector is snail speed but I worry about the lack of cost savings companies are finding in XRP/ODL.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazon started as an online bookstore in 1995, its history did not begin in 2004 as you decided to cherry-pick the data. It had an IPO in 1997 and was part of the .com bubble in 1998/1999, when every

Anyone parroting about fundamentals in crypto is clueless.  Crypto is entirely a speculative gamble and there are no fundamentals.  Where are the the revenue, price-to-earnings, free cash flow and ear

The answer is obvious: we are all going to sell our XRP,  and then spend the rest of our lives on this forum talking about XRP.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sihtegroftnod said:

I worry about the lack of cost savings companies are finding in XRP/ODL.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-helps-sentbe-increase-financial-inclusion-for-migrants-in-korea-with-more-efficient-remittances/

"So far, our users have saved $25 million on the transactions they’ve made. That’s a lot of money."

On 6/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, fatlever said:

amzn-revenue.png

AMZN:
The price rose a few dollars each year.

XRP:
The coin is worth a few cents less each year.

Somehow, the comparison with the Amazon share doesn't quite fit, does it?
The wish seems to be father to this thought.

I'm currently a little disappointed ofthe Ripple performance.
I wonder what Ripple needs so many millions a quarter for. What are they doing with all the money?

Is the x-border market really that interesting? Do the big players not earn more from the cooperation banking system than they could save with Ripple's solution?

So the small banks remain. But I heard that you should Ripple pay a few thousand dollars a month ... is that really interesting for a small bank?

Freed Liquidity : I (my business) now have to pay a fee to our bank for an excessively high account balance. Banks also have to pay fees to the central banks when they park money there. So is it really important to free up tied liquidity now?

So: In the medium term, I am rather skeptical about Ripple's core business.

So there remains the other market: apps, Xpring etc.
Again, I can't see any business cases that could be successful in the medium term ... Maybe there will be progress and markets will accept solutions based on cypercoins, -tokens, -money... but at the moment I'm rather skeptical.

Still Hodling .. but skeptical.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:23 PM, QWE said:

Amazon started as an online bookstore in 1995, its history did not begin in 2004 as you decided to cherry-pick the data. It had an IPO in 1997 and was part of the .com bubble in 1998/1999, when every pet store that owned a .com domain mooned like there was no tomorrow. No fundamentals whatsoever, yet every tech stock went parabolic. Just like crypto in 2017.

image.png.42135c3bc67e51dc43812ab2d6af1b97.png

Perfekt. thanks.

Did not read this answer.. This is probably a more appropriate price trend....

today's XRP chart is probably somewhere before 2001 in this Amazon chart.. it will be interesting to see in which direction the XRP chart will develop ....

Edited by xSODAx
On 6/29/2020 at 3:57 PM, WarChest said:

Firstly I still think that XRP will come good. My negative thoughts are mainly based on my stash not rising soon enough to warrant  hoddling. But I decided to hold until end of 2021, so That is what I will do. If the price falls even more, say to 10 cents I will definitely add as a way to average down my overall exposure. I am in profit at the moment at above  28 cents, if I can average that down to below 20 then I will. Luckily my other crypto has kept me in profit so far. 

You should never gamble more than you can lose and yet still sleep at night. 
I read plenty of advice that you should have an exit strategy, part of mine is Dec 2021. 

Future investments have absolutely zero impact on the return of past investments. It completely ignores sunk and marginal costs. 

9 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Future investments have absolutely zero impact on the return of past investments. It completely ignores sunk and marginal costs. 

No idea what you mean. But I have done my calculations and that’s good enough for me.

2 hours ago, WarChest said:

No idea what you mean. But I have done my calculations and that’s good enough for me.

That’s good and I’m not recommending you don’t do what you planned. My point is that any future purchase of an investment must be made based solely on the predicted return on THAT purchase, not because it brings down the cost basis of past investments. 

9 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

That’s good and I’m not recommending you don’t do what you planned. My point is that any future purchase of an investment must be made based solely on the predicted return on THAT purchase, not because it brings down the cost basis of past investments. 

Ok point taken. But my first sentence did say that I think XRP will come good, so in that context, my second isn’t absurd. Indeed to underline my belief that it will come good, I will average down in order to scoop more profit.

Words that are famously last 😯

Good luck all.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:08 AM, xSODAx said:

AMZN:
The price rose a few dollars each year.

XRP:
The coin is worth a few cents less each year.

Somehow, the comparison with the Amazon share doesn't quite fit, does it?

You're cherry picking the data. XRP is not a "few cents less each year". It has been a "few cents less" each of the last couple of years. In fact XRP is up around 6500% today since Jul 7, 2014.... just 6 exact years ago.

It amazes me that some (many?) that are invested in XRP are not aware of how the XRP price moves. The XRP price will disappoint you as you watch other cryptos increase in value while XRP stagnates or declines. Not maybe, it's a fact. You can see here... that for 804 days XRP stayed level or declined, and was down 66.67% while BTC, during the same time period was UP 363.75%. 

image.thumb.png.c3123c82baccc5ce8776deab343de10a.png

But we know what happened after that, don't we?

image.thumb.png.d2aa02711c0608d45a4ff70c970db1a1.png

XRP up 3828.75% and BTC only up 683.82%. Ahh... don't want to talk about that though do we?

So am I shocked and dismayed by this recent chart through to today's date? Nope. Nothing has changed, except for the increase in the amount of XRP that I hold. It's how XRP moves... shown multiple times over it's history (I only showed 1). 

image.thumb.png.5a2b074c0b71e75ec72cade41c8a1726.png

And through this time since 2017 the prognosis, the usage, fundamentals, partnerships, companies, and development have only gained strength, Hold or don't hold. Do what you see fit. Me? My hands are iron.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.