Fidel_Castro

XRP is going to total failure. What will you do with your HODlings?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fidel_Castro said:

So now I guess nearly everybody got the mind that XRP is going to fail soon by price and performance. 

The question is what are you going to do with your XRP reserves?

you first. What are you going to do with your XRP reserves?

Edited by Dario_o

1 hour ago, Dogowner5 said:

If you really think that there is only one rational thing to do:  sell them immediately.  After doing that I can’t see any point in continuing here,  so perhaps leave the forum as well?

We are not talking about leaving the forum. I just asked people.

Posted (edited)

I do see steady decline, I do see we are still in a bear market,  I do expect continued losses to my position, unless something changes

No I do not see the project failing, so the presumption of your OP is wrong.  You see the project failing.  There is only one response for you:  Get out, obviously sell?

I like the way Ripple are developing their ecosystem.  It looks to me as if they have made a lot of progress since ODL was launched about 18 months ago.  I will go on holding and I have a small windfall from the sale of a domain that is waiting in the wings to invest when I judge the market has hit the bottom. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

Firstly I still think that XRP will come good. My negative thoughts are mainly based on my stash not rising soon enough to warrant  hoddling. But I decided to hold until end of 2021, so That is what I will do. If the price falls even more, say to 10 cents I will definitely add as a way to average down my overall exposure. I am in profit at the moment at above  28 cents, if I can average that down to below 20 then I will. Luckily my other crypto has kept me in profit so far. 

You should never gamble more than you can lose and yet still sleep at night. 
I read plenty of advice that you should have an exit strategy, part of mine is Dec 2021. 

13 hours ago, Fidel_Castro said:

So now I guess nearly everybody got the mind that XRP is going to fail soon by price and performance.

Way too early to deem it a failure. Maybe as a short term speculative investment from 2018 onwards, yes that would be a great failure.

Long term, we’ll have to wait and see.

Posted (edited)

I only see a gradual decline in xrp, not the natural highs and lows other coins experience regardless of bull market. No selling opportunities for holders. I won't say it's dead, but I feel with PayID (interesting!) and all the disappointments, we're experiencing a reset in direction.

I've held for almost three years. I admit - it would feel good to be right about it, and that's my strongest reason for holding; however, there are other coins with great ROI potential, likely as great as xrp. It's 2020. Now is the time to diversify and for other alts to rise.

Edited by TreeLine

Posted (edited)

C438FEEB-8E4C-45D5-8F28-B2E8B90AD4E9.jpeg

And on a serious note. I wrote a post about this 2 years ago and nothing has changed since then - “Think about your time horizon. Do you need the money next year? In few years? Can you keep the money in the investment for 10 years if something does not go according to the plan, e.g. the fundamentals are still strong but it simply takes more time than you initially thought (think Amazon in 200x)? If you can’t sit on your investment long enough due to the time constraint - you are about to invest too much.”

Edited by Lamberth

15 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I do see steady decline, I do see we are still in a bear market,  I do expect continued losses to my position, unless something changes

No I do not see the project failing, so the presumption of your OP is wrong.  You see the project failing.  There is only one response for you:  Get out, obviously sell?

I like the way Ripple are developing their ecosystem.  It looks to me as if they have made a lot of progress since ODL was launched about 18 months ago.  I will go on holding and I have a small windfall from the sale of a domain that is waiting in the wings to invest when I judge the market has hit the bottom. 

What market?