FreedomGundam

What is the best solution that Ripple must take?

8 hours ago, EnforSys said:

Thank you for sharing this video.

I really like his tone, and I will make sure to watch it to the very end.

A community shrinking by 63%, that would be catastrophic for any project in this Industry. It's huge.

All those people who are leaving, they are not coming back and they will do a huge disservice to Ripple in the form of negative publicity.

As for me, I am (luckily) only 25% XRP, but I am waiting for the outcome of the trial to see what I will do with my bag. All the other projects I invested in this year have done well.

I personally don't think 63% shrink is catastrophic. Not from investor/speculation nor Ripples standpoint.

We are not the target, we are supplying the vehicle at startup and might profit when it starts running. The vehicle started so we are not that important, let alone expect Ripple to do dumb things (such as burn supply) just to make us profit.

From speculation standpoint you want to weed out as many investors as possible after a bullrun to be able to complete the cycle and go to a new bullrun.

So from where I am, seeing people give up and sell is making it more and more bullish. Simply because these people know how to invest in XRP, and many return to buy back in 'hoping to do it right this time' when it allready lifted off.

59 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I personally don't think 63% shrink is catastrophic. Not from investor/speculation nor Ripples standpoint.

We are not the target, we are supplying the vehicle at startup and might profit when it starts running. The vehicle started so we are not that important, let alone expect Ripple to do dumb things (such as burn supply) just to make us profit.

From speculation standpoint you want to weed out as many investors as possible after a bullrun to be able to complete the cycle and go to a new bullrun.

So from where I am, seeing people give up and sell is making it more and more bullish. Simply because these people know how to invest in XRP, and many return to buy back in 'hoping to do it right this time' when it allready lifted off.

I here so many times about the term "lift off" but only work once at the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018. Believe it or not, that is because Ripple decide to put XRP in escrow account (please check) and of course the nice picture between our beloved President Brad and the BOD of JPM. That's the formula of "lift off"

After this 2018, we here a lot about "lift off" but the reality is XRP keep "landing"

I do hope that XRP can lift off again sometime in the future.

Anyway, no need to worry about asking Ripple to do dumb thing. Because we're really rich guy. We make donation for Ripple. As a donation of course we are not expecting to make a profit.:beach:

16 hours ago, jag216 said:

Here's what I think.

PayID is a brilliant project. It is still a small piece of the bigger picture, but an important piece because it engages the end-user in a way that totally comes out of left field for a company that is trying to help big banks.

Any large banks is going to look at the potential of this and see it as a real challenge to the corporate banking industry.

Setting up a PayID server is as simple as setting up a basic mailserver or dns server. The api calls are simple and straightforward, but in its own it is not a complete solution. However, it supports a very important consideration in terms of providing a user-friendly interface that enthusiasts interested in self-custody can use to provide payment pointers that are compatible across a growing set of networks.

It is not a full fledged hosted payment solution - but with apps like XUMM you have a credible threat to brick and mortar banking.

We already have exchanges adopting the standard - this is the first shot fired across the bow of retail banking.

This brings us to two vast industries that can adopt this standard with relatively little effort: Domains registrars and hosts, and retail banking institutions.

The domain reseller and host arena provides the ability to enable payment pointer via PayID that you would need to be able to configure in a secure, zero-knowledge environment where you have the ability to securely make changes to your payment endpoint information. Customers get the bonus have having vanity PayID addresses that incorporate their website branding.

e.g. "You can confirm we are receiving payment when you see our payment$brand-x.media address in your banking application."

And furthermore "Now you can save your payment pointers without having to directly share your account details with another company."

And that brings up the third rail who will adopt this rapidly - ApplePay, GooglePay, AmazonPay.

These companies already use account proxies to handle pay-by-phone credit card transactions. How much more value added service would they provide by allowing you to add cryptocurrency and other digital asset accounts as payment options for their existing payment app infrastructure?

And paypal... stripe... square... They could adopt it as well - who wouldn't want to use their PayID to pay at a store? Particularly with the way payment technology is heading - instead of verifying your payment details on a third party static terminal, more and more payment rails are expecting you to look at your phone/watch and confirm the payment details there. As more phone incorporate a cryptographic chip that enables the phone to act as a digital wallet key.

Banks already provide custodial services for traditional banking customers, but as CBDCs roll out and people are introduced to the idea of government issued digital wallets through which tax rebates are issued, benefit programs are issued, etc. The banks know that high worth individuals are going to want insured custody services that are linked directly to PayID maintenance and management.

Enter Polysign, who I believe are developing a hybrid of PayID and SAML so that corporations can provide enterprise grade payment options across their organization and even provide intercorporate vertical/logistics payment integration for clients that are determined by smart contracts.

By releasing PayID, they are breaking the egg and releasing the chicken - and as more technology companies cage that chicken and make it lay eggs.

---

But what then? What company provides a system that allows you to transfer funds in near realtime across different assets and networks? ODL could provide the liquidity to facilitate that middleware between PayID supporting payment applications and PayID supporting custody solutions.

Or they could use ILP endpoints. With a system like PayID being easy to use for end consumer and offering the option of keeping all of your payment accounts secure in an API driven payment scaffolding. In the end the fastest cheapest rails will win - especially if and when paying with PayID will give you time and fee estimates for using different currency rails to pay.

I hope folks who are reading can see what is happening here - Ripple is laying down insertion points that are appealing to very clear demographics. And once everyone sits in the comfortable vehicle for modern financial empowerment, the value of the banking rails will be demonstrated, the key for ODL and ILP will be turned on, and the amount of XRP in circulation will likely become very handy and likely valuable.

At least that's the way I see it. If you are curious how easy PayID will be to use, here's one I just set up for tips to Uphold. :-D

jag216$payid.moregeekthanchic.com

PayID is Genius and will be the game changer...... Major Corporations will encourage employees to get a PayID on file for payroll deposits.  Why?  Because today corps send the payroll over on Monday or Tuesday for funds to be available  for their employees bank accounts on Friday.  With fast rails (XRP)...a company can trigger the transfer Saturday night at midnight and have funds settle in seconds.  This allows companies to hold their money longer.  Don't sound like much,  Consider the millions in payroll that Amazon, Google, and any major corp transfers today and you'll quickly realize that those few extra days means 100's of thousands of dollars in interest.

Now think about the greedy government that will also want their money sooner/faster.....oh yea, I think the government will support this in a big way.

2 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I here so many times about the term "lift off" but only work once at the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018. Believe it or not, that is because Ripple decide to put XRP in escrow account (please check) and of course the nice picture between our beloved President Brad and the BOD of JPM. That's the formula of "lift off"

After this 2018, we here a lot about "lift off" but the reality is XRP keep "landing"

I do hope that XRP can lift off again sometime in the future.

Anyway, no need to worry about asking Ripple to do dumb thing. Because we're really rich guy. We make donation for Ripple. As a donation of course we are not expecting to make a profit.:beach:

If you believe the reason for the 2017 bullrun is because of the escrow you don't understand the cryptomarket.

Everything and it's mother went up at the end of 2017, and that moment combined with the Coinbase rumour were selectively chosen as 'the reason to let it go'. BTC did not go in escrow. ETH did not go in escrow, neither did the 2000 other coins at that moment. But it all went up.

Every market goes in macro cycles as long as it is pure speculation and does not go to zero. Especially when being manipulated, a short bull burst as in 2017 needs years of cooling down (hence losing it's investors) before it can be attempted again. That cycle can ofcourse be prematurely broken up or down if something fundamentally happens in between.

12 hours ago, Caracappa said:

If you believe the reason for the 2017 bullrun is because of the escrow you don't understand the cryptomarket.

Everything and it's mother went up at the end of 2017, and that moment combined with the Coinbase rumour were selectively chosen as 'the reason to let it go'. BTC did not go in escrow. ETH did not go in escrow, neither did the 2000 other coins at that moment. But it all went up.

Every market goes in macro cycles as long as it is pure speculation and does not go to zero. Especially when being manipulated, a short bull burst as in 2017 needs years of cooling down (hence losing it's investors) before it can be attempted again. That cycle can ofcourse be prematurely broken up or down if something fundamentally happens in between.

I really hope you're right. My opinion is base on economics 101. When the Supply are down, same demand, price are up.

Well, only time will tell. But, I really do hope you are right. Seriously.

12 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I really hope you're right. My opinion is base on economics 101. When the Supply are down, same demand, price are up.

Well, only time will tell. But, I really do hope you are right. Seriously.

so do I

On 6/30/2020 at 7:45 AM, itcdominic said:

PayID is Genius and will be the game changer...... Major Corporations will encourage employees to get a PayID on file for payroll deposits.  Why?  Because today corps send the payroll over on Monday or Tuesday for funds to be available  for their employees bank accounts on Friday.  With fast rails (XRP)...a company can trigger the transfer Saturday night at midnight and have funds settle in seconds.  This allows companies to hold their money longer.  Don't sound like much,  Consider the millions in payroll that Amazon, Google, and any major corp transfers today and you'll quickly realize that those few extra days means 100's of thousands of dollars in interest.

Now think about the greedy government that will also want their money sooner/faster.....oh yea, I think the government will support this in a big way.

What company do you work at that you get paid on Friday? Most people I work with get paid on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. 

8 hours ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

What company do you work at that you get paid on Friday? Most people I work with get paid on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. 

I have always got paid on Fridays. I now have some questions to my employers what happens between Wednesday and Friday.

9 hours ago, Lamberth said:

I have always got paid on Fridays. I now have some questions to my employers what happens between Wednesday and Friday.

Can we focus on Ripple? I have no idea why pay in Friday have any effect on Ripple

On 6/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, FreedomGundam said:

What is the best solution that Ripple must take to make us  (XRP holder) happy?

In the term of "Raising XRP price"

I know Ripple don't care and don't want to know about people that already bought their token (XRP). As long as they making money by selling more XRP to the market.

But, let's just assume that we have some good guy working at Ripple and think about us.

What suggestion that you can give to Ripple if someone from Ripple read this thread.

1. I propose to replace Brad with someone that really cam deliver faster.

So any Idea?

Note: please use polite word, and don't blame Ripple to much. We're here to give Ripple suggestion.

Thanks

Ripple has no obligation to any of us. We are not 'investors' in the classical sense. If you're looking to assist in increasing the value of something inert that you have invested in, I would encourage you to come up with a new solution utilizing the token itself. If you believe yourself an investor, I would encourage you to begin trading securities and attend the meetings that shareholders have annually or biannually.  Or... if you can prove $1m+ in assets, then invest in Ripple the company before it goes public. 

They owe you nothing, including an open ear. IF (big if here) they choose to listen, it is because of the kindness of the people that created the token you purchased, and run the company you believe in. All of our 'feelings' are absolutely irrelevant, including impatience. 

6 hours ago, theGlitchKing said:

Ripple has no obligation to any of us. We are not 'investors' in the classical sense. If you're looking to assist in increasing the value of something inert that you have invested in, I would encourage you to come up with a new solution utilizing the token itself. If you believe yourself an investor, I would encourage you to begin trading securities and attend the meetings that shareholders have annually or biannually.  Or... if you can prove $1m+ in assets, then invest in Ripple the company before it goes public. 

I just realize this when I enter season 5. That's also the reason why I sell almost all my XRP and left only 1k XRP. I admitted that I lost quite a lot because my decision. I think I lost about 40-50% at that time. But, by changing to Another project such as Cardano (that time also they are sunk) I manage to reduce the lost.

As why I still here is because I really hope XRP can perform better. There are a lot of people like me.