FreedomGundam

What is the best solution that Ripple must take?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

That is an excellent thought and metric.  It is possible that it gets skewed in future somewhat by any surge or decline in interest in particular customer groups.  For instance a surge in bank customers versus FI customers might skew it downwards and visa versa.

But overall as a rule of thumb, and all things being equal,  we probably would expect a support for that ratio or even a gain.

Thanks for mentioning it.

lol....thanks, but I didn't want to mention it because I'm thinking I'll jinx it, and Ripple will stop talking about its customers' progress. ;)

Also, I made a mistake saying "if they grow at the same rate",  I meant "if they grow at their same respective rates".  Ripplenet customer growth rate is 1-2 per week and XRP customer growth rate would be something else, like 1 every 8 to 9 weeks, for example. 

Edited by enrique11

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I mostly agree with you except for Theranos part. I only can agree with you, if Ripple manage to maintain real big banks or SWIFT or replace SWIFT. By far, when I ask my banks about how to wire using Ripple, they even don't know what Ripple is. They only know SWIFT.

I'm not sure about large-payment use case directly competing with SWIFT.  I think that should come later.  Ripple needs to find a niche market that SWIFT can't compete with right now, like micropayments so it can start to grow its XRP strategy organically with little competition from SWIFT and develop that as much as possible while at the same time onboarding SWIFT customers or other non-SWIFT customers to Ripplenet.  The liquidity is not there yet, so if Ripple focuses on micropayments while continuing to onboard large banks and SMEs, then there could be a natural and smoother (non-forced) transition from micropayments to larger SME payment and on to even larger payments from banks. 

I really would like to know the details; e.g., size and revenue, of these companies dealing with XRP now.   See if there is a trend in these companies, like larger companies getting invoved with XRP as these smaller ones start building up liquidity, but the global pandemic came at a vulnerable time for cryptos.  I don't know if there will be a next significant bull run that's supposed to happen every 4 years as part of BTC cycle. The speculators are gone for now, but with current global economic conditions and cryptos exposed to the masses in late 2017, a repeat of 2017's bull run might be very muted.

Edited by enrique11

On 6/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, EnforSys said:

However, Freedom Gundam, I have a low-cost, concrete idea that would be very easy to implement, and I think it would make XRP holders happy.

Turn XRP into a governance token. (just an idea, but a feasible one, and very cheap!)

1 XRP = 1 vote. The Ripple DAO.

Every XRP holder can have their say on matters pertaining to the company's future, resource allocation, acquisitions, development.

Truly decentralized decision-making. We vote, the executive team executes and delivers.

People who want to have a lot of weight in the decision making process would start buying and hoarding XRP - that would affect the price.

Just an idea :)

So kind of like with stocks (securities)?

1 hour ago, enrique11 said:

I'm not sure about large-payment use case directly competing with SWIFT.  I think that should come later.  Ripple needs to find a niche market that SWIFT can't compete with right now, like micropayments so it can start to grow its XRP strategy organically with little competition from SWIFT and develop that as much as possible while at the same time onboarding SWIFT customers or other non-SWIFT customers to Ripplenet.  The liquidity is not there yet, so if Ripple focuses on micropayments while continuing to onboard large banks and SMEs, then there could be a natural and smoother (non-forced) transition from micropayments to larger SME payment and on to even larger payments from banks. 

I really would like to know the details; e.g., size and revenue, of these companies dealing with XRP now.   See if there is a trend in these companies, like larger companies getting invoved with XRP as these smaller ones start building up liquidity, but the global pandemic came at a vulnerable time for cryptos.  I don't know if there will be a next significant bull run that's supposed to happen every 4 years as part of BTC cycle. The speculators are gone for now, but with current global economic conditions and cryptos exposed to the masses in late 2017, a repeat of 2017's bull run might be very muted.

Well, if that is the strategy, I think it will be alright. Only time will tell if they can success or fail miserably.

I also read that SWIFT are using swift gpi, which president brad call that as something old but change new clothes.

But, SWIFT still hold their position. Up until today. And I also read that SWIFT working with #Link and that makes Link price sky rocket.

Just a reminder that winner takes all. In case of XRP, if they win this competition they will be legendary, but if not, they loose badly.

Posted (edited)

No, not at all like a security, the process would be more like:

- Lock in XRP in a contract

- Issue "priceless" (like the UMA protocol priceless tokens) governance tokens to XRP holder

- XRP holder remains owner at all times, the tokens are just frozen if holder wishes to vote.

- Voting process similar to what we see on Aragon.

A priceless governance token is absolutely not a security.

I do know this will never happen though. Just a nice thought experiment.

Edited by EnforSys

Here is my take on it... Probably more than 95% of people holding crypto are in it to try and make money long run. There are only 2 ways that the price goes up...

- More people want it

- There is less to go around

The benefit of XRP is that it can free up money held in Nostro/Vostro accounts and make setting up payment channels easier/faster. Banks and financial providers can benefit from that. ODL activity is increasing. But in reality the money just goes back and forth. XRP is bought, XRP is sent, XRP is sold. The transaction is fast, the risk is minimal and the only real difference is the supply decreases by a negligible amount from the burned transaction fee. With Jeb still selling, and some Escrow being sold by Ripple each month; its going to be a long time before there is less to go around assuming nothing changed.

So IMO the only way to drive up price is to get more people to want it and want to hold it. That's what happened with the last Bull run. Since then it's been a downhill trend and people are losing hope despite how many new partners Ripple is creating. If it were me I'd keep doing what they are doing, but I'd also reward people who hold and use XRP. Right now they give incentives to companies who built platforms to increase usage. If it were me I'd also pay XRP to people who run validators, and give some kind of interest (staking) to people who hold XRP. Ripple could give some of their escrow release to Exchanges to hand out as rewards similar to what Power Piggy is doing with Bitrue. People will be more likely to buy, hold, use XRP if they can make money during the process. Otherwise when the market is like this they might as well just hold cash or some other crypto that gives them rewards.

I was in before the 2017 bull run but I didn't sell anything when it peaked. Hindsight I should of. I have sold a few thousand recently and invested in CSC, VET and a few other coins. I'm really liking the Power Piggy option from Bitrue. I've got some XRP and VET locked up. I use the rewards to buy CSC. It's a nice feeling being able to go into blockfolio and enter in a few thousand extra CSC ever week.

Also I think when the US declares it not a security it will help. That and get Amazon to accept it:)

1 hour ago, fastfalcon94 said:

Here is my take on it... Probably more than 95% of people holding crypto are in it to try and make money long run. There are only 2 ways that the price goes up...

- More people want it

- There is less to go around

The benefit of XRP is that it can free up money held in Nostro/Vostro accounts and make setting up payment channels easier/faster. Banks and financial providers can benefit from that. ODL activity is increasing. But in reality the money just goes back and forth. XRP is bought, XRP is sent, XRP is sold. The transaction is fast, the risk is minimal and the only real difference is the supply decreases by a negligible amount from the burned transaction fee. With Jeb still selling, and some Escrow being sold by Ripple each month; its going to be a long time before there is less to go around assuming nothing changed.

So IMO the only way to drive up price is to get more people to want it and want to hold it. That's what happened with the last Bull run. Since then it's been a downhill trend and people are losing hope despite how many new partners Ripple is creating. If it were me I'd keep doing what they are doing, but I'd also reward people who hold and use XRP. Right now they give incentives to companies who built platforms to increase usage. If it were me I'd also pay XRP to people who run validators, and give some kind of interest (staking) to people who hold XRP. Ripple could give some of their escrow release to Exchanges to hand out as rewards similar to what Power Piggy is doing with Bitrue. People will be more likely to buy, hold, use XRP if they can make money during the process. Otherwise when the market is like this they might as well just hold cash or some other crypto that gives them rewards.

I was in before the 2017 bull run but I didn't sell anything when it peaked. Hindsight I should of. I have sold a few thousand recently and invested in CSC, VET and a few other coins. I'm really liking the Power Piggy option from Bitrue. I've got some XRP and VET locked up. I use the rewards to buy CSC. It's a nice feeling being able to go into blockfolio and enter in a few thousand extra CSC ever week.

Also I think when the US declares it not a security it will help. That and get Amazon to accept it:)

You are totally right. So at this point with Jed and the escrow flooding the market, the trend will always go down.

The idea or staking and we can get reward, this also make me to sell XRP, then move to other coin that give rewards.

Maybe we as just investor didn't think too much about the project, but we see which one is have more benefit, lower risk, amd higher gain.

I know high risk high gain. But, we can aim somewhere in between

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

So IMO the only way to drive up price is to get more people to want it and want to hold it. That's what happened with the last Bull run. Since then it's been a downhill trend and people are losing hope despite how many new partners Ripple is creating. If it were me I'd keep doing what they are doing, but I'd also reward people who hold and use XRP. Right now they give incentives to companies who built platforms to increase usage. If it were me I'd also pay XRP to people who run validators, and give some kind of interest (staking) to people who hold XRP.

^^^^^^ Exactly!

He gets it! He said it better than I could have :)

Incentives!

Reward the validators, reward the XRP holders. Reward programs (especially direct reward programs), in my experience, generate loyalty, excitement, make communities stronger.

Personal anecdote: I'm an ex investment banker, and one thing we had drilled into us is that "You have to care", about your customers, your colleagues, your community, even if deep down you don't care at all. 

"You have to care".

If the community (the Dragon that has to be tamed) feels that you don't care enough, it doesn't matter what kind of edge (always temporary) you have, if you have a superior team, network, technology and even boast world-class execution on many levels... it is over, without a strong, happy, committed, satisfied community by your side.

Edited by EnforSys

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

That is an excellent thought and metric.  It is possible that it gets skewed in future somewhat by any surge or decline in interest in particular customer groups.  For instance a surge in bank customers versus FI customers might skew it downwards and visa versa.

But overall as a rule of thumb, and all things being equal,  we probably would expect a support for that ratio or even a gain.

Thanks for mentioning it.

I made a post once that Ripplenet's growth would take off exponentially around 375 customers based on the number of banks in SWIFT, but Ripplenet's customer growth rate will likely take off first, but I'm not sure XRP's customers growth will follow closely behind because the customers that sign up for Ripplenet tend to already have the means to move around value, whereas XRP customers are experimenting with a new tech, and the logistical and executable bugs have to be worked out to see if this alternative works and is significantly superior to existing legacy systems in order for them to switch over.  XRP customer demand I believe will grow at a slower pace than Ripplenet demand for a significant length of time because Ripplenet is closer to hitting that point where exponential growth causes the numbers to increase at a much faster rate than XRP's customer numbers, but if XRP's solution can be proven to be very successful at an early stage, it might attract a large number of smaller players, allowing them to enter a niche market that didn't exist before, so XRP customer growth if successful will also begin to show explosive exponential growth, but at some later time after Ripplenet has already grown significantly, so XRP's customer growth might significantly lag behind Ripplenet's growth for those reasons.  Ripplenet has significant head start over XRP solution.

Edited by enrique11

5 hours ago, jag216 said:

Any large banks is going to look at the potential of this and see it as a real challenge to the corporate banking industry.

This is so season 4. I think we already watch that scene.

7 hours ago, EnforSys said:

If the community (the Dragon that has to be tamed) feels that you don't care enough, it doesn't matter what kind of edge (always temporary) you have, if you have a superior team, network, technology and even boast world-class execution on many levels... it is over, without a strong, happy, committed, satisfied community by your side.

Excatly.

Please see this video below

In min 6:39 it clearly show that from June 2018 till April 2020. XRP Community have lost 63% of their crowd.  Actually including me and Great General Hodor. I sell almost all of my XRP, and change to other project. I am down from 100% XRP to 2% XRP. I feel the pain too, but, I think I feel much better now, because if at that time I keep holding 100% XRP the lost would be catastrophic.

My satisfaction on this project show in how many percent that I hold for each project.

How about you?;)

Thank you for sharing this video.

I really like his tone, and I will make sure to watch it to the very end.

A community shrinking by 63%, that would be catastrophic for any project in this Industry. It's huge.

All those people who are leaving, they are not coming back and they will do a huge disservice to Ripple in the form of negative publicity.

As for me, I am (luckily) only 25% XRP, but I am waiting for the outcome of the trial to see what I will do with my bag. All the other projects I invested in this year have done well.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

This is so season 4. I think we already watch that scene.

Have you never dealt with bureaucracy? Three steps forward, two steps back - many times three steps forward, three steps back.

That doesn't mean I don't invest in other projects that I believe are making strides in new verticals. I talk about those too - but most people ignore it.

I had a number of friends who got in at the ground floor of some fantastic dot.com companies. I had a friend go from millionaire hero to crashing down as an early excite employee.

If you think you have seen this all before and know who the winners and losers will be, I would consider with a great deal of sobriety that during the dot.com development boom everyone thought they were going to be millionaires - pumped on the hype and flash (literally). Sooooo many people with useless flash development skills.

Speculation is not something to fight over.

Lately I have been watching this guy - he clearly filetype:pdfs and digs into the papers that professionals are reading.

Edited by jag216

2 hours ago, jag216 said:

Have you never dealt with bureaucracy? Three steps forward, two steps back - many times three steps forward, three steps back.

That doesn't mean I don't invest in other projects that I believe are making strides in new verticals. I talk about those too - but most people ignore it.

I had a number of friends who got in at the ground floor of some fantastic dot.com companies. I had a friend go from millionaire hero to crashing down as an early excite employee.

If you think you have seen this all before and know who the winners and losers will be, I would consider with a great deal of sobriety that during the dot.com development boom everyone thought they were going to be millionaires - pumped on the hype and flash (literally). Sooooo many people with useless flash development skills.

Speculation is not something to fight over.

Lately I have been watching this guy - he clearly filetype:pdfs and digs into the papers that professionals are reading.

No worries, I still have 1k, if this really happening and turn 1 XRP to $1k, I still be a millionaire. If this, not happening, then I lost $177  as price of today.B)