What is the best solution that Ripple must take?

6 hours ago, EnforSys said:

1 XRP = 1 vote. The Ripple DAO.

Ripple's gang own more then half supply of XRP.

That mean no matter how good our idea, if President Brad says ney, then it's a no.

Unless, Ripple burn all of their XRP in escrow. That can be fair enough.

4 hours ago, MrX said:

Obviously they won't do a sh* because they don't care about the price of XRP. Ripple probably thinks about XRP as a failed side-project.
But reducing supply would be nice.

aaaaadffgdfgdfgdfgdfg.jpg

I knew that, I forgot to add "if" so it should be what Ripple must do if they want to make us happy?:)

5 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

You much watch "The game of Ripple" from season 1. And come back again, then we talk.

I not only watched it I was in it! ive been invested in xrp for a long time and it mooned for me and will again!  its ok im here now! ripple cant make you happy only you can!  less salty more enjoyment!  

4 hours ago, EnforSys said:

Staking and lending should be a priority. Get these two things right and people will want to hoard XRP.

There's a robust set of tools out there... it is possible to develop staking and lending solutions that would really benefit the XRP community as a whole.

Kavalabs is working on XRP staking, but I think the more options the community has, the better :)

I love the idea of staking. But somebody must pay the reward for staking. I remember I try to run their validator. I only run for 1 or 2 month. I stop because the price of XRP going south, and there are no incentive to maintain my cost to do that. If you check other project like Tezos or Cardano. They give rewards to whoever run the staking. I hope Brad read my thread here, give the XRP validator reward.

2 hours ago, mistatee2000 said:

I applaud anyone who tries to change things for the better, but I doubt that a private company would want a bunch of people/chancers like us trying to dictate policy.  Ripple has distanced itself from XRP so it can be readily viewed by regulators as a utility coin and not a security.  I think they are trying very hard to increase the utility and liquidity of XRP without incurring any more adverse views, particularly from the SEC. We either believe in what Ripple may achieve and in the process increase the price of XRP in the medium to long term or we don't buy/get out - a simple investment decision. I doubt that we retail investors in XRP are going to have a major impact on anything that Ripple does. SBI are real believers and institutional investors in Ripple with true power - I doubt that such a successful bank would be in there with such zeal if they didn't believe in the overall direction, management and the team. What is sad to see is that Chris Larson is almost having to beg the American government to not hold back the potential growth of this industry whilst China becomes so dominant - indeed it may already be too late and there is no future for XRP. We shall see.

Well balance statement. Good job my friend.

4 hours ago, MrX said:

Obviously they won't do a sh* because they don't care about the price of XRP. Ripple probably thinks about XRP as a failed side-project.
But reducing supply would be nice.

aaaaadffgdfgdfgdfgdfg.jpg

here is the link from nov 2019 if anyone wants to read more than this:

and....xlm burned and what did it do for price hahahahahaha.  kids today.  xrp to the moon!

17 minutes ago, xrpmaybe said:

I not only watched it I was in it! ive been invested in xrp for a long time and it mooned for me and will again!  its ok im here now! ripple cant make you happy only you can!  less salty more enjoyment!  

You have been in XRP since long long time, but you just join xrpchat yesterday? (Literally yesterday) Are you sure?

I appreciate your comment and welcome to xrpchat. Where dreams start here.

Kindly go to new member and introduce yourself.

Thank you

Edited by FreedomGundam

Lol at all these comments regarding staking / rewards.  None of that matters without actual utility.  Otherwise it’s just inflation of a speculative asset.   

Ripple’s progress should be reflected in the XRPL metrics as utility usage ramps up.   However, admittedly the numbers do not look encouraging at the moment  

https://www.thinkadvisor.com/2020/06/26/sec-charges-lobbyist-jack-abramoff-crypto-firm-and-ceo-with-fraud/

Yeah, Abramoff's scheme  is in many ways just like  Ripple's scam,  except that old Abe had just gotten out of the clinker for some other racketeering matter. Oh yeah and Abe had not even built a token with the $2 MM + he had filched investors out of, at least Ripple has a crap coin to promote, which is illegal per se.  There is a way to do this, but not as these scammers like Katz, Garlinghouse, Larson, the Telegram Bros, and Abramoff have done.  The SEC and DOJ already had their eye on those other  losers.  The Riptards have bought their way out of jail using our jack.

We relied on old Brad and Joel and the other yahoos at Ripple when they kept on saying it was not a security and that they were "regulated." then Coinbase slipped up and quashed the listing rumor  in early 2018 and it all began to rip, Ripple and  tumble. Now we have this garbage pile of steaming funny money where it was three years ago at .17 and Bitcoin and the crypto market have left it far behind.   The problem with  the scammers like Abramoff and the ones at Ripple have had is they were substituting their conflicted judgment that their operations were legal instead of waiting for for a court of law or an agency determination.  Every time a Ripple employee has made a statement  about the legality of their insect token, or expended their lying breath defending Ripple's tarnished  integrity, they are fleecing another retail customer and breaking the law by supporting false premises

“The defendants ( you could substitute the language from the indictment, RIPPLE LABS)  also “deceived investors by, among other things, making false and misleading statements in press releases, social media posts," 

This brings me around to a fundamental question which I keep posing and while everyone of you Riptard shills will respond to every other minutiae unrelated to any legal issues, I never get a clear answer on who is running or propping up this propaganda machine?

Who the hell is funding XRP Chat and all the crap the Ripple agents and employees have been putting up here touting the legality of this crap coin and conflating Ripple Labs successes with those of XRP? 

All the "lockup"  pump and hype  that HODOR and the rest of the peanut gallery have spewed is actionable in the same manner as in dear  old dumb and crooked Abe's case. HODOR was smart in getting out of the lime light if one considers what he was doing was essentially  to promote fraudulently, an unregistered security. He made all kinds of speculations and conjectures which got old Abe in crap-loads of deep doo doo. (“Many of these false and misleading statements were also disseminated through paid articles that Abramoff arranged and helped write, which purported to be written by independent authors rather than disclosing that they were paid promotions of NAC,” the SEC alleged.)

Why hasn't Ripple been brought to task by the DOJ?  The fact is the DOJ is horrifically corrupt right now and the fat jowled AG (BARR who should be disBARRed and put behind BARRs)  and the fat assed and fat faced,   orange jowled POTUS, will sell our US government to the highest bidder. Rip-off has lots of corruption money it has duped out of us to throw at the RICO ring which has become the US DOJ and POTUS at their highest levels. COVIDIOT thinks he is the sovereign and gifts all of his sycophants and supplicants with passes . Especially those who grease his filthy palm like the Riptard RICO ring.

I do not recall how much Hype that Ripple shoveled out about its being on some task force or the other, that they were working with governments, and it was repeated over and over again.  It still is. ('...and other promotional materials regarding the status of the technology and governmental agencies’ interest in using AML BitCoin in their payment systems,” according to the SEC.") 

But we never hear from the SEC in the case of Ripple, neither good or bad.   Because the SEC expresses itself with a civil suit, a  DOJ  indictment, or a no action letter.

If Ripple were in any way a law abiding company it would have removed doubt about its security status by getting a no action letter.  There have been two given out. Turnkey Jet and Pocketful of Quarters. This is how it is done and for Ripple not to have gotten  one years ago is simply inexcusable and flies in the face of their claims to being law abiding.  Until they get an SEC  no action letter they remain an unregistered and illegal security.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tnurnkey+jet+no+action+letter&rlz=1C1EJFC_enUS806US806&oq=&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

https://www.sec.gov/corpfin/pocketful-quarters-inc-072519-2a1

The reason Ripple does not get a no action position  is because there is no way it will pass the SEC tests.  That SEC FinHUB  test is here below. There is simply no way that you can get the garbage ecosystem cobbled together by Ripple to pass this.  They will not be able to retrofit it either.  The only way Ripple can succeed is by buying their way through and using smoke and mirrors to navigate their great many criminal and civil violations. The first mover advantage is no advantage in tech.  Otherwise we would still be flying in planes that Orville and Wilbur Wright built.  Ten years is an eternity in tech.   The fact is Ripple copied a failed model, Bitcoin and never did anything to dis-intermediate. The validator nodes do not do sufficient decentralization to effect a non-securities interpretation. Ripple still controls billions on billions of tokens.  There are many other reasons the model is a failure, and it is not worth my time to do the complete analysis. BUT THE TEST IS RIGHT HERE>>>>>>>   >>>>>>>https://www.sec.gov/corpfin/framework-investment-contract-analysis-digital-assets 

IF YOU CAN READ LAW, YOU MIGHT GET THIS.  RIPPLE HAS NOT A SNOW BALL'S CHANCE IN HELL OF HOLDING IT TOGETHER THROUGH THE FIN HUB TEST.

Ripple has been  looking for some grandfather clause  approach and is relying on the statute of repose in the Zakinov case.

https://www.lexisnexis.com/community/case-opinion/b/case/posts/zakinov-v-ripple-labs-inc

That "STRATEGY" is a  technicality which does nothing to obviate that XRP is a security controlled and promoted by Ripple.  The trial court has yet to rule on these issues and it will be strung out and in the meantime  the risk of loss will be shoved over to the XRP hodlers the longer it takes and the greater uncertainty causes it to bleed in value like it has done since Jan 2018.

If Ripple tries to do an IPO,  it will need to make full disclosure and  answer all these questions about the liabilities presented by its illegal securities sales. Here is more from the indictment in Abramoff that stands for the proposition that disclosures are required when a company promotes a token.   

and other promotional materials regarding the status of the technology and governmental agencies’ interest in using AML BitCoin in their payment systems,” according to the SEC. “Many of these false and misleading statements were also disseminated through paid articles that Abramoff arranged and helped write, which purported to be written by independent authors rather than disclosing that they were paid promotions of NAC,” the SEC alleged.“

I am mad at myself because I let these Rip-tard hooligans rip me off and I should have sold in January 2018.  Instead I held on and believed them.  Over the past two years, while this dumpster fire burned down to nothing I have educated myself on how I could have been so stupid.  The securities law requires  an issuer like Ripple to make disclosures to overcome  "informational asymmetry".  Ripple had a duty to tell us all the things I am telling you now, even if the matter had not been addressed in the details it has subsequently by the SEC in its shifting policy and in other court cases like Telegram, EOS, BTCE, and Abramoff.  The SEC Acts and the SCOTUS case law in Howey and the many no action positions were available to Ripple and they have denied steadfastly that they are a security, even though that is an outrageous lie and fraudulent  claim given the exceptionally clear circumstances. The Riptard crew has been all over the board in claiming they are  in some way exempt from securities registration  and they  have continued their networked backed PONZI ICO using the proceeds from the sale of unregistered securities XRP to build, defend in the courts and media  and to promote  their platform by selling XRP.

I know most all  of you COVFEFE and ZERP cultists  have filled  yourself with this XRP Chat garbage propaganda and  you think that you are legal experts and you want to challenge and contort matters to suit your ignorance, but unless you have a US law degree,  have passed the bar of a state.  have been admitted to the federal bar, and have practiced before the SEC on these issues, you are best served to keep your ignorant drivel to yourself.

I once relied on you XRP Chatters for information to my great detriment. That was my bad and it cost me a lot of money. 

The tech has nothing to do with any excuse for giving value to the ecosystem, except it is a negative and that it is configured in such a way that it is hopelessly illegal. But there is very little that comes out of this collective crap pile in XRP Chat  that passes for real knowledge. It is just a gang of COVIDIOTS at a Trump ralley drinking the Chlorox.   This echo chamber with its  basic logical and legal fallacies and foolishness  is best described by the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

So that's it. I wasted my time on most of you and some of you can read and determine for yourself.  These are primary sources cited here and unless you have a modicum of legal  skill or training, you will misinterpret in favor of your rude and unschooled bias.  If you have enough grey matter and savvy you might get through it, but I am not really confident. 

Getting most of  you rubes to get this this is about like trying to get a pig to sing soprano and wear lipstick. 

I will not argue with any of you.  Unless you are qualified to make a rational argument by virtue of a law license and securities or corporate practice.

Edited by Sporticus

1. Remove anyone that is/was involved with Xpring - stop giving away XRP to projects and people that don't have anything to do with XRPL, rather focus the investment towards people like Wietse that are willing to build on top of XRPL. 

2. Remove Brad from the CEO position. 

3. Make ODL more scalable - don't focus on shady crypto exchanges in order to transfer money back and forth as this won't scale e. g. with the current model if they want to open a corridor in Africa they'd have to wait for a proper exchange to be in place. Better to think of another design - perhaps a pool of liquidity or Ripple can start opening up exchanges in exotic countries or at least serve as a liquidity provider. 

4. Stop OTC and open market selling until the trust of retail speculators has been somewhat regained. 

5. Be more transparent with how much XRP are being sold - not only from OTC and open market sales, but from Xpring i. e. what are the conditions around selling XRP, especially when it comes to Coil's 1B XRP. Also things like - how much people like Jed, Chris Larsen are selling on a daily basis. 

Obviously, none of those will happen :)

Edited by iLeeT

2 hours ago, Sporticus said:

I am mad at myself because I let these Rip-tard hooligans rip me off and I should have sold in January 2018.  Instead I held on and believed them. 

I'm so sorry for your lost. If it  is not too much, consider yourself lucky and sell your XRP and let the lost to be a donation to Ripple.

However, in this thread I really hope that you give an idea about what Ripple should do.

Giving all your trouble here doesn't help. If you really in trouble just sell all your XRP and leave.

If you want to continue maybe we can talk decently.

Thank you,

And really appreciate your comments