FreedomGundam

What is the best solution that Ripple must take?

What is the best solution that Ripple must take to make us  (XRP holder) happy?

In the term of "Raising XRP price"

I know Ripple don't care and don't want to know about people that already bought their token (XRP). As long as they making money by selling more XRP to the market.

But, let's just assume that we have some good guy working at Ripple and think about us.

What suggestion that you can give to Ripple if someone from Ripple read this thread.

1. I propose to replace Brad with someone that really cam deliver faster.

So any Idea?

Note: please use polite word, and don't blame Ripple to much. We're here to give Ripple suggestion.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Freedom Gundam, thank you for starting this thread.

Here is my take.

At the moment, there is no compelling reason to make XRP holders happy - otherwise the executive team would have said or done something about it already. It doesn't make sense from the business' point of view.

The interests of Ripple as a company are not currently aligned with the interests of the XRP holder. That might change, but that's how it is right now.

I really think it"s up to the community to organize itself to create and push solutions that will deliver real value to XRP holders.

Why would someone hold XRP right now? We will be able to stake it in the future (Kavalabs), we will be able to easily write and deploy smart contracts in the future (Rust, Flare), we will see DeFi applications in the future (Logos acquisition and Xpring), but right now, there is no other reason to hold this token other than greed (XRP might moon anytime now).

We have the power to change that. By working together we can turn this thing around and make ourselves happy, make it our own, instead of waiting on the executive team to make something happen, to make us "happy" - if you look at things from their perspective, there is just no incentive to do that.

Makers, builders, coders, merchants... all together now.

Edited by EnforSys
Clarity

Posted (edited)

However, Freedom Gundam, I have a low-cost, concrete idea that would be very easy to implement, and I think it would make XRP holders happy.

Turn XRP into a governance token. (just an idea, but a feasible one, and very cheap!)

1 XRP = 1 vote. The Ripple DAO.

Every XRP holder can have their say on matters pertaining to the company's future, resource allocation, acquisitions, development.

Truly decentralized decision-making. We vote, the executive team executes and delivers.

People who want to have a lot of weight in the decision making process would start buying and hoarding XRP - that would affect the price.

Just an idea :)

Edited by EnforSys

Posted (edited)

Xrpmaybe,

I want to respectfully ask the question: is it true that Ripple has the best tech? How did you come to that conclusion?

The team has done a tremendous amount of work (great documentation too), however I'd like you to answer that question... I want to know what you really think about the Ripple stack and how it compares to other projects.

Edited by EnforSys
Added a sentence for clarity

If we are talking about price I would add one heretical idea - instead of returning of unspent XRPs into escrow pool for the next 5 years - Ripple could burn them. But it would probably end up as a stream of endless donations for xPring ,, experiments,, each month.

42 minutes ago, EnforSys said:

Xrpmaybe,

I want to respectfully ask the question: is it true that Ripple has the best tech? How did you come to that conclusion?

The team has done a tremendous amount of work (great documentation too), however I'd like you to answer that question... I want to know what you really think about the Ripple stack and how it compares to other projects.

rspectfully it is the best tech!  I studied countless hours and it would be to long of a post here!  countless hours of studying brought me to that conclusion!  I love xrp!  IOV baby!  say it!  ETH??? puhlease!  

3 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

What is the best solution that Ripple must take to make us  (XRP holder) happy?

In the term of "Raising XRP price"

Obviously they won't do a sh* because they don't care about the price of XRP. Ripple probably thinks about XRP as a failed side-project.
But reducing supply would be nice.

aaaaadffgdfgdfgdfgdfg.jpg

Staking and lending should be a priority. Get these two things right and people will want to hoard XRP.

There's a robust set of tools out there... it is possible to develop staking and lending solutions that would really benefit the XRP community as a whole.

Kavalabs is working on XRP staking, but I think the more options the community has, the better :)

Posted (edited)

First off Brad Garlinghouse is not the problem here. In fact, he is the best guy for the job. Attempting to push Banks into a crypto space is definitely not going to work. The largest problem we are dealing with is American politics and Regulators. Ripple is already very well positioned. Some things just take time and patience. Without team Ripple XRP would never have left the gate. We should all be very grateful for the hard work of those at Ripple for fighting the good fight for us.HODL On!

Edited by Scout

4 hours ago, EnforSys said:

However, Freedom Gundam, I have a low-cost, concrete idea that would be very easy to implement, and I think it would make XRP holders happy.

Turn XRP into a governance token. (just an idea, but a feasible one, and very cheap!)

1 XRP = 1 vote. The Ripple DAO.

Every XRP holder can have their say on matters pertaining to the company's future, resource allocation, acquisitions, development.

Truly decentralized decision-making. We vote, the executive team executes and delivers.

People who want to have a lot of weight in the decision making process would start buying and hoarding XRP - that would affect the price.

Just an idea :)

I applaud anyone who tries to change things for the better, but I doubt that a private company would want a bunch of people/chancers like us trying to dictate policy.  Ripple has distanced itself from XRP so it can be readily viewed by regulators as a utility coin and not a security.  I think they are trying very hard to increase the utility and liquidity of XRP without incurring any more adverse views, particularly from the SEC. We either believe in what Ripple may achieve and in the process increase the price of XRP in the medium to long term or we don't buy/get out - a simple investment decision. I doubt that we retail investors in XRP are going to have a major impact on anything that Ripple does. SBI are real believers and institutional investors in Ripple with true power - I doubt that such a successful bank would be in there with such zeal if they didn't believe in the overall direction, management and the team. What is sad to see is that Chris Larson is almost having to beg the American government to not hold back the potential growth of this industry whilst China becomes so dominant - indeed it may already be too late and there is no future for XRP. We shall see.

5 hours ago, Spartaksus said:

If we are talking about price I would add one heretical idea - instead of returning of unspent XRPs into escrow pool for the next 5 years - Ripple could burn them. But it would probably end up as a stream of endless donations for xPring ,, experiments,, each month.

I have a same thought like you, I already told them several time via xrpchat or twitter. This is the best way, burn 50bio xrp. When the supply going down, the price will take off. And Ripple probably not lost anything. Depend on how much they own, and how many x the price going up.

6 hours ago, EnforSys said:

I really think it"s up to the community to organize itself to create and push solutions that will deliver real value to XRP holders.

I don't think we can do that.

6 hours ago, EnforSys said:

We have the power to change that. By working together we can turn this thing around and make ourselves happy, make it our own, instead of waiting on the executive team to make something happen, to make us "happy" - if you look at things from their perspective, there is just no incentive to do that.

I don't think we can do that either.

You see,  probably most of us that invest in XRP is not a tech guy. We just regular guy who probably have regular job, and have little bit of knowledge about programming, etc.

So, this idea is far far away from reality. Sorry, but tell your investor to work for their investment is not quite right.

Imagine if you tell Warren buffet to create new big mac. Even we're not investing in Ripple. But, Ripple use the money from selling XRP to fund their project. (you can google it)

I think it is not up to us. We sure do can help if we can get something, like Bitcoin. If you create the block and you will rewarded by Bitcoin.

Am I right?

Please bring us new idea that fair enough for both side.

Thanks for trying.