Jump to content

What Do You Do During Covid-19


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Watched a lot of porn, started my day at 9 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. and didn't have to waste an hour to and from work each day. Why do we need to all go to a traditional office to work when we can do the same job from home? I mean, I could understand if you're in manufacturing, but if you work from a cubicle each day, would it be cheaper for the company to allow you to work from home and reduce traffic congestion during the fall and spring when parents are taking little Timmy to school?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

quarantine? where?

We're going everywhere and even if officially one must wear masks in shops etc. nobody is controlling because the owners complained that customers are missing and the government does not get tax incomes if shops do not sell.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 1:22 AM, Panzer_Kitteh said:

Why do we need to all go to a traditional office to work when we can do the same job from home? I mean, I could understand if you're in manufacturing, but if you work from a cubicle each day, would it be cheaper for the company to allow you to work from home and reduce traffic congestion during the fall and spring when parents are taking little Timmy to school?

yes but if you work from home you practically rent your space for free to the company. You should obtain some sort of compensation in your salary for that.

And also for the means you need: internet, pc etc.

It does not matter if any of us already have one PC and internet. what we do in our private space and free time remains ours and if a company wants it then it must pay.

 

Pay attention not to be cheated by those who give you a job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Wearing the mask is more important in terms of it makes you not touch your mouth or nose and potentially shove the virus in there. I also wear winter gloves that have the touchscreen fabric so I can use the terminals without taking them off. All of this stuff stays in my car as I am the only one using it during all of this fun. Plus I take Vitamin C, Vitamin D and fish oil from Canada Pharmacy

Edited by blissann
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pursuing the Impossible Dream: Writing a program to perform automated trading and turn my idle stash into a working asset.

It's turning out a lot like "mastering" poker was: The more you learn, the more you discover how much more there is to learn !

I'm actually at the point now of running simulations with historic trade data, using a rule based decision tree with calculated indicators, and iterating thru various parametric ranges of settings to try and "tune in" to a mix that consistently results in a net gain.

It's more challenging than it sounds, heh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JASCoder said:

I'm pursuing the Impossible Dream: Writing a program to perform automated trading and turn my idle stash into a working asset.

It's turning out a lot like "mastering" poker was: The more you learn, the more you discover how much more there is to learn !

I'm actually at the point now of running simulations with historic trade data, using a rule based decision tree with calculated indicators, and iterating thru various parametric ranges of settings to try and "tune in" to a mix that consistently results in a net gain.

It's more challenging than it sounds, heh.

That almost describes what I am doing as well lol.

I found the hardest part was organising and keeping track of data related to each asset (hello graph db).

Just starting to program walk forward validation with my test results.

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prometheus_Rising said:

That almost describes what I am doing as well lol.

I found the hardest part was organising and keeping track of data related to each asset (hello graph db).

Just starting to program walk forward validation with my test results.

Good luck.

Thanks m8, same to you !

I'll start a new post on this project once I have some results to share, hopefully positive ones heh

I posted recently a piece on Quant Trading, I think you'd find it interesting too (as well as encouraging) - I was amazed to learn that some investment funds are using this to generate profits for their investors. It's very tempting to pursue "getting in on the action" that way as well lol.

Do check it out: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JASCoder said:

Thanks m8, same to you !

I'll start a new post on this project once I have some results to share, hopefully positive ones heh

I posted recently a piece on Quant Trading, I think you'd find it interesting too (as well as encouraging) - I was amazed to learn that some investment funds are using this to generate profits for their investors. It's very tempting to pursue "getting in on the action" that way as well lol.

Do check it out: 

 

Thanks.

My results on initial testing are very encouraging :)

I missed that one. I will check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.