itcdominic

How can we revive XRP Chat?

@LetHerRip It had not been marketed as a viable product until Oct 2018. I gave it 5 years from that point in time to see what would come of it. It’s a mammoth task and an uphill battle Ripple is undertaking. I expect set-backs and I’ve been under no illusion that this is a dead certain opportunity. It’s way too early to deem ODL a failure and the time aspect is what bugs me the most. That and opinions stated as facts.

With that said, I’m expecting another crypto bubble to do more for the price of XRP within those 5 years, than that of ODL volume. I’ll assess the situation in Oct 2023 and decide whether or not I want to look like your avatar.

In the meantime, I trade a playstash to bring my DCA down and add a bit of excitement to a buy and hold strategy.

4 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

None of the “good news” seems to be on any interest to mainstream media or new investors

also previous attempts to discuss those topics have been shut down by very aggressive fan boys.

My suggestion have two permanently open and unedited topics

1. Is XRP a security?

2. Is Ripple a scam?

Discussing news that has no impact on the price is perfectly fine to me. And I also agree on permanent topics for "Is XRP a security" and "Is Ripple a scam". On the condition that people get banned from they topics if they don't bring anything to the conversation and if they're just hostile/name-calling (from both sides).

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Why do today’s “adults” require moderators, mute buttons and digital bans to protect themselves from information they deem contrary to their own opinion? Even if a poster is purely spewing hate, and/or baseless points, adults should be able to skip on by and be secure in the knowledge that their own opinions are correct and sound.

They should be but they aren't. Welcome to the real world ;) I'm also very sure you know we're not talking about people with contrary opinions. We're talking about those who tend to derail the whole topic after which mods sometimes lock a topic and the conversation is over for those who actually want to debate.

Edited by SquaryBone

Posted (edited)

Just incredible how the last pages are barely on topic just discussing how XRP/Ripple is bad/good and succeeding/failing. Again the trolls trying to derail every conversation. Now waiting for a mod to close a well intended topic...

Edited by SquaryBone

7 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

They should be but they aren't. Welcome to the real world ;) I'm also very sure you know we're not talking about people with contrary opinions. They tend to derail the whole topic after which mods sometimes lock a topic and the conversation is over for those who actually want to debate.

I think this thread should be close already. Our XRPchat is now become more lively like season 4. Only without our great General Hodor.

2 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

I am beginning to think more like the Truman Show than Game of Thrones. We were all living inside a made up world like Truman believing it was real when it wasn't. Every day the price tells us the narrative is not true.