itcdominic

How can we revive XRP Chat?

I really feel sad,  and wonder why, I really like the XRP ledger platform,

but 

DEX failed on XRPL,  succeed on Ethereum. 

IOU failed on XRPL, succeed as concept stable coin like USDT,USDC,PAX...on Ethereum. 

and defi.....

most people here only know XRP, only watch ripple,  didn't use the XRPL.

ETH price isn't pumped too,  but there are much more fun project on Ethereum platform.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

I really feel sad,  and wonder why, I really like the XRP ledger platform,

but 

DEX failed on XRPL,  succeed on Ethereum. 

IOU failed on XRPL, succeed as concept stable coin like USDT,USDC,PAX...on Ethereum. 

and defi.....

most people here only know XRP, only watch ripple,  didn't use the XRPL.

ETH price isn't pumped too,  but there are much more fun project on Ethereum platform.

Yes, but XRP is trying to solve an important problem, not a "fun" problem like in-game purchases of non-fungible digital assets like items or virtual in-game property. Besides, non-fungible assets have subjective value.  Look at Elvis memorabilia...has gone way done in value since his popularity has waned with younger generations. Also, Ethereum is just a platform for tokens.   Protocols are more important than tokens...I'd rather hold ether than it's tokens.  

Edited by enrique11

Posted (edited)

Yeah maybe XRPL can't compete with Ethereum now as Ethereum is already become a standard, so maybe XRPL focused on payment is a good idea. 

because dev's not going to develop defi project on XRPL, coinbase/tether/pax won't issue stable coin on XRPL, for many reasons. 

Edited by yxxyun

Posted (edited)

the situation now,  no matter how many new feature introduced into the XRPL by ripple,  just no one use it,  people here just watch/wait ripple to drive XRP into payment flow, waiting XRP is wide adopted by ripple costumer,  waiting XRP price pumped. 

that's quite different from the Ethereum community,  people in Ethereum community are not waiting Ethereum foundation to do some business or to build a project. 

Edited by yxxyun

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, enrique11 said:

Look at Elvis memorabilia...has gone way done in value since his popularity has waned with younger generations.

The Classics never die...they just get better all the time.

Edited by NightJanitor

5 hours ago, Flintstone said:

@Sporticus To be honest, I don’t know and I don’t care and It’s hardly a propaganda machine. There’s more negativity than positivity here as of late and the mods hardly ever step in.

Your views on XRP being a security and accusations of XRPChat as a censored, propaganda machine come across as propaganda itself. Sometimes, it seems you want XRP to be a security.

I feel the same way and I'm happy for that. Although I sometimes would want them to step in earlier when topics get derailed or it becomes childish name-calling or comments with no content (that's the worst).

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, paym8 said:

Many many middlemen more. Its looking less likely that the cost savings will be meaningfull by the time the customer gets to see any benefits at all, maybe faster transactions, and micro transactions.

When did you start thinking this is to cut down cost for the customer :D It's always about increasing profit margin. Cutting down costs is for the middlemen. Then they put their prices marginally lower than their competition.

Edited by SquaryBone
"for the customer"

-->> https://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2017/may/07/elvis-presley-memorabilia-plummeting-in-price

Anyway, non-fungible assets are not my cup of tea.  I never understood the popularity of Elastos. If I did collecting as a hobby, yeah, that would be fun...but not for cryptos platforms that specialize in non-fungible digital assets like decentralized exchange for in-game items exchanges across various games. 

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

Ethereum is a successful platform,  XRPL is not if XRPL only depends on ripple's project which delayed/failed many times.

Ethereum is not successful yet.  It has a 'speed limit' issue still.  They have to make their system much more efficient by switching over to PoS while simultaneously retroactively supporting aspects of their legacy system. They have a lot of work ahead still.

11 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

Ethereum is not successful yet.  It has a 'speed limit' issue still.  They have to make their system much more efficient by switching over to PoS while simultaneously retroactively supporting aspects of their legacy system. They have a lot of work ahead still.

Ethereum also have their own problem. They try to change to POS instead, They are still in POW.

As for future, I prefer Cardano instead of Ethereum. But, they too makes a lot of delay. We'll see are they gonna delay again end of this month.

For both coin, if you check, their price is up and down. That's mean the investor are there, price are driven by how much money goes in and goes out. If the trend is keep going down. It means the money is keep coming up or the supply is keep coming up and the demand going down.

3 hours ago, EnforSys said:

Personally, I would like to see more organic interest from developers, you know, devs who come by because they're curious and fascinated by the tech... I want to see more people building, fixing things until 1am just because they love the Ripple stack.

There are some great devs in this community but I'd like to see even more involvement and a real, consistent effort by Ripple to spot, nurture and support up and coming + established devs. More events, bounty campaigns, hackathons, etc. Never underestimate the power of devs united around tech they find exciting.

I'd like to see a real community of users, makers and merchants, a grassroots movement... not just people who stick around because they're invested financially... not just (delusional) youtubers or influencers trying to figure out when the price is gonna shoot up...

I think it's too late for that. We're lightyears behind on developer community. There are other projects that have better established developer communities and are more inviting. When you join the cryptosphere as a dev right now I doubt you'll be leaning to XRP unless you're directly invested in XRP or you're working for a company that needs it (in which case you'd likely use RippleNet).

It takes years to build developer communities like Ethereum, bitcoin, ... has. And XRP is being constantly bashed. I've been interested in the tech and perhaps wanted to code something however what's there to be coded? The wallets are there, the ledger's there, it's not focused on individuals and retail use, most ideas are too big, ... I have no idea what to build. Ripple is completely uninterested in the community except for some nutjob conspirary utubers. And since Ripple wants to distance from XRP probably because the XRP securities crap nothing's going to change here. When Bob Way joined I hoped that would be some spark and he would bring some guidance and inspiration to this forum. That all died down too (no it's not just the health issue that keeps him from making a single post here saying: "my health and family are more important to me right now so I'll not spend time anymore on the XRP community"). On the other hand we shouldn't expect Ripple to lead this community but they started it and then left it hanging and now we have a community that has no one to inspire them, look up to, ...

This is the main weak point for the XRP ledger in my view. We have no developer community, or a very small one, mainly based on Ripple employees in comparison with BTC, ETH, Monero, Zcash, ... How is this supposed to grow? 

3 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Maybe a two-token system in which holding a deflationary crypto generates another crypto with an variable supply, price modulated via AI depending on external economic conditions and internal demand. I don't know...not an economist...lol, but I would like to see a more sophisticated solution than just "fixed-supply" cryptos. 

So we all hold the deflationary token then? How would this change anything?

I think we're too much focusing on deflation being a bad thing. Most people do not stack up their money because it'll be worth more when they die. They want to use it. NOW. I'm a saver however I do buy stuff. Expensive stuff. We have inflation for the most part of recent history and it's not like the rich are using their money. 99.9% (not based on facts) of their money is just stored somewhere or being traded to keep that wealth, that's it. They'll never use it. If you give the lower class something that increases in value it could be positive or it could be it doesn't matter. If the lower class gets 10% more money they'd spend it all because they are in survival mode. If they'd save a bit of it in an asset that increases in value it would actually give those people a better future and maybe be an incentive to not spend it all immediately and get us out of the cheap-cheaper-cheapest-spiral that's destroying so many businesses and make some peoples lives less hopeless.

If you compare to gold value goes up through history as well. Yet you don't see the average Joe 'stacking them bullions'.

3 hours ago, XRP-SD-87 said:

the chat is coming back to life already! XRPCHAT is alive again! :rofl:

Yes seeing a lot of people that I didn't see posting the last half/full year come out of the woodwork. I like it.

6 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

So we all hold the deflationary token then? How would this change anything?

I think we're too much focusing on deflation being a bad thing. Most people do not stack up their money because it'll be worth more when they die. They want to use it. NOW. I'm a saver however I do buy stuff. Expensive stuff. We have inflation for the most part of recent history and it's not like the rich are using their money. 99.9% (not based on facts) of their money is just stored somewhere or being traded to keep that wealth, that's it. They'll never use it. If you give the lower class something that increases in value it could be positive or it could be it doesn't matter. If the lower class gets 10% more money they'd spend it all because they are in survival mode. If they'd save a bit of it in an asset that increases in value it would actually give those people a better future and maybe be an incentive to not spend it all immediately and get us out of the cheap-cheaper-cheapest-spiral that's destroying so many businesses and make some peoples lives less hopeless.

If you compare to gold value goes up through history as well. Yet you don't see the average Joe 'stacking them bullions'.

You can sell the deflationary token for the more stable one when you need spending "cash".   It's like cashing out of your interest bearing saving account to buy everyday stuff or stuff in emergency situations. 

Deflation is a bad thing.  It like a coin collection that keeps increasing in value.  I'm sure you wouldn't use a deflationary coin collection as everyday currency.  You would only use it when your ready to cash out your collection or in case of emergency. 

Rich people do not save money.  They use money to generate more money.  They will not let large sums of money sit around in accounts doing nothing and let it go to waste. In fact, inflation incentivizes spending, so the rich would typically take money that loses value in this situation and invest it in something that gains in value.