itcdominic

How can we revive XRP Chat?

I always looks at XRPChat.com as a decent source to come to and find the results of others research.  Often I would come here and see a great topic that posted a great informative link that I could then go and check out.

Now it seams that these researchers are either disappeared or fallen into the social monetized sites to use.  Sadly this turns into posting for the sake of "Likes" or "followers" and often yields useless searches.

I personally would like to see this site come alive again with good content ( and yes the occasional rant or FUD'ster).

Any IDEAS? 

15 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I always looks at XRPChat.com as a decent source to come to and find the results of others research.  Often I would come here and see a great topic that posted a great informative link that I could then go and check out.

Now it seams that these researchers are either disappeared or fallen into the social monetized sites to use.  Sadly this turns into posting for the sake of "Likes" or "followers" and often yields useless searches.

I personally would like to see this site come alive again with good content ( and yes the occasional rant or FUD'ster).

Any IDEAS? 

You can't rant on this forum, I got multiple warnings for ranting even if the facts are true.

You only can rant if you are applauding for the Brad and David gang.

39 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Any IDEAS? 

Talk to the management. I have seen discussions go off rails with little to no interference so those who expose themself posting, can't feel safe imho. No or little XRPchat mentions elsewhere anymore and little or no improvements. I don't see request for 'maintenance' crew to support topics and discussions and/or promote. No actions no nothing. This was different and it feels a lot more empty in here now.

+ I believe we need another bull run to satisfy the greedy ones so they come to visit us once more so we can recruit the crap out of them. There must be some talent amongst them (to be fair, barely noticeable but he, one can dream)  :victory::spinlol:.

2 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Any IDEAS? 

First we need XRP to pump. And pump HARD. Without it most of people won't have any motivation to improve anything

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

The forum will naturally become alive again if the price every finally starts going up. People get tired of talking about all of the developments in the ecosystem when they continue to lose money.

It's hard. I mean really hard. But that's the only way. I agree.

Posted (edited)

I have posted a few CBDC topics, as CBs have been moving forward with CBDCs. I have noticed that most threads which are about how the market is developing, or new features like Checks dont get much conversation anymore.

I guess that since a lot of RippleNet/IoV is figured out by now, that the pace of innovation has slowed and maybe its just less interesting to hear the same things repeatedly. It's more like watching the plans unfold, as they come to fruition.

Not all markets price what is trading correctly, even when they are highly efficient markets (like bonds or equities). Crypto is far from a perfect market, it is still early, unregulated, overrun with speculators, and lots of uninformed bias.

The good thing with XRP is that it has no cost to carry, no storage costs, no annual account fees, no tax implications (assuming no selling), I view it as a Perpetual Call Option on the value of an XRPL Tx. As long as the underlying progress and market development continues, than XRP is just a ticket to the show.

Edited by KarmaCoverage

XRP was built with financial institutions in mind. It's primary use case is very specific and industry-dependent. We really can't do anything to make it work because banks are very heavily regulated, and so as individuals we would have to be rich and lawyered up to contribute to such an ecosystem to help build it up because of the costly compliance standards and penalties for that particular industry.   XRP does serve well as a store of value if banks adopt it, but not as a medium of exchange.  It's inherently deflationary.  I think XRP is one of those few cryptos where it either succeeds very well for its use case or not at all, and so it is really beyond Ripple/XRP's hands. You can't force a product on your customers, the best you can do is give them what they want, and if they don't want XRP, you can't force it on them.   It's up to a legacy industry of financial institutions and crypto exchanges to decide if they want to adopt XRP as bridge currency among themselves, global regulations notwithstanding, and regulations will play a very important role, unfortunately - reminds me of when the horse-and-buggy industry had to compete with automobiles, and the legacy standards imposed on vehicles were ridiculous.  You had to have a person get out of the vehicle at a road crossing and warn horse-and-buggy travelers that it was passing through, and a bunch of other strange regulations for automobiles in deference to legacy standards. 

Regulations among many countries are such that they show no love for cryptos that are trying to be digital, cryptographic analogs of fiat. So, even if some cryptos gain success as money substitutes, that day is far in the future, particularly since Trump hates or at least dislikes BTC, and so crypto as fiat substitute will only applie to some countries in with their native currency has had little success or the governments don't think crypto poses a threat, etc.

Governments in general IMO will only allow certain cryptos to gain access to financial industries in which the cryptos in question have negligible affects on fiat currencies, and for that to happen, they would likely regulate cryptos that pose the greatest threat to fiat. The deflationary aspect of XRP makes holding XRP like having a savings account, but that's only true if it's primary use case succeeds.  The longer you hold it, the greater the value, so it's only a store of value, like gold and BTC, and does not pose a great threat to fiat, IMO. Besides, there is no mechanism built into XRP to regulate it's supply and demand, so it will behave more like blue-chip stock than fiat.  I think if even a crypto comes out that self-regulates its value through inflation and deflation of the existing circulating supply based on global economic conditions and indicators using past and present real-world parameters, and having as many use cases as money, then such a crypto could replace fiat if regulations among most legal jurisdictions permit it.  That crypto would likely be a combination of a smart-contracts crypto plus decentralized oracle platform only concerned with a multitude of economic indicators with the ability to self-regulate its value using AI.  I would love to see Google Deepmind approach this problem like a two-play game.  One player tries to destabilize the value of crypto (the "one" player is external conditions like supply, demand, traders, manipulators, economic conditions, etc.), and the other player is the self-correction crypto ecosystem using AI, but in order for this to work, the AI would first have to settle on a value that maximizes XRP's utility, I wonder if Deepmind could simulate this ecosystem, as a 'game' and see what results they get. 

Again, I have not background in finance or banking, or the regulation of the value of fiat...I'm just guessing. 

29 minutes ago, MrX said:

First we need XRP to pump. And pump HARD. Without it most of people won't have any motivation to improve anything

XRP pumping hard, doesn't inspire FI's to use XRP as a briding currency.  It just shows it's speculative nature.  If the banks had the most control over XRP's value, and it's growth were organic, then IMO they would trust XRP more.   The less speculators interfere with and manipulate XRP, the better for it's use case. 

When a company is headed South financially so to speak, the board members will bail out and be well-off, the CEO will do very well even if the company fails.  It's the small people in the company and worst of all the "stock-holders" that will be left with empty pockets because they are the last to find out.  

I doubt we can do a lot about it. People hanging out here seem to be generally only interested in XRP price appreciation and will support/like/... anything that even remotely could be positive. I want the price to appreciate too. However I also want to learn something (be it technical, regulatory, ...) and am looking and following the whole market.

It feels like only the ones blindly following XRP that are very active in here. That makes any discussion very difficult and it becomes quite tiresome and frustrating quickly (especially when this happens over and over). It also makes both sides more extreme: it's either left or right. I like to hear from both sides but at times it's quite difficult to not go the complete opposite side to "balance things out".

The only thing that will bring new life to this forum is new people joining the XRP community. And that basically means generally more XRP extremists.

I agree that some members have been derailing topics consistently (e.g DirectorCoulson). I agreed with him on some points but he went actively searching topics to derail and put his frustrations out there. Then again I understand how he became that way in this forum. He went 99% down on his investment and for 3 years people here have kept saying with every single news item (related or unrelated to XRP and/or Ripple) that now it'll moon, how you'll miss out, it's dirt cheap, it's on fire sale, you'll regret selling, ... When he pointed something out everybody went into XRP/Ripple defense mode. That just polarises the community and makes people leave (or in his case banned?) after many many many attempts to have a normal conversation and when pointing out clear failures/issues/...

So honestly a way to make this forum better would be for trying to have a normal conversation (with that I mean not being completely biased that XRP is the end all be all, comments with facts or opinions instead of "xrp to the moon" and stop making up/supporting ridiculous theories). But I know that's expecting too much. It's very difficult to change peoples' behavior (also talking about myself here, I kinda grew tired of it).

I feel like Ripple has been a part of this demise too. They've done some questionable things like inviting the yt nutjob family to Swell. Like speculation was not rampant enough already. I really don't understand what they're trying to achieve here. And a few weeks ago someone from Ripple went on a podcast of the DigitalAssInvestor. Why? Is there nobody better to get yourself exposed? Don't get me wrong I really appreciated that podcast as I love to hear what Ripple and people in the industry have to say.