Sign in to follow this  
LetHerRip

XRP Just Isn’t Exciting Crypto Traders This Year

12 hours ago, Greeny said:

Ripple has flooded the market with XRP but has not got the number of customers that they should have at this point.  Over supplied and not enough demand, results in non performing price.

Do you have some concrete figures about this flooding? Let's say the increase in circulating supply compared to BTC since 1st January 2018  (which was a peak as we know).

11 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

Nothing has materialized?  And not really to the second statement.  Ripple has also been making a lot of money.

1. Ya nothing has materialised, a good day of ODL volume is like 5m, thats right after almost a decade and with a warchest of like 10.5b you get < 5m in volume from its most strategic asset. Nothing has materalised and it has been a complete failure of strategy, I don't say that as someone that is bitter, I exited enough of my position for it to have been a very profitable ride, I just honestly expected allot more from the company and leadership. 

2. Fair point I was wrong here, Ripple has been making good money from dumping / selling XRP without it they would not be profitable. So after 8 years, almost a decade as a SAS company, they are making no money from that business model.

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse has said: “We would not be profitable or cash flow positive [without selling XRP].”

1 hour ago, Pointbreak said:

1. Ya nothing has materialised, a good day of ODL volume is like 5m, thats right after almost a decade and with a warchest of like 10.5b you get < 5m in volume from its most strategic asset. Nothing has materalised and it has been a complete failure of strategy, I don't say that as someone that is bitter, I exited enough of my position for it to have been a very profitable ride, I just honestly expected allot more from the company and leadership. 

2. Fair point I was wrong here, Ripple has been making good money from dumping / selling XRP without it they would not be profitable. So after 8 years, almost a decade as a SAS company, they are making no money from that business model.

Tesla isn't profitable.  Many companies that are now big players took a long time.  8 years isn't very long in the grand scheme of things, although I'd hope this would either crash or have large success within the next 5 years.

Just because something doesn't happen on YOUR timeline doesn't mean anything really.  Think of all of the impatient Apple, Google, Amazon holders in the early days.....of course many things do end up failing.  I've only seen complaints from impatient people while this whole use case moves forward.  As said with the internet and with crypto among other things: people tend to overestimate the short term and underestimate the long term.

Posted (edited)

Everyone has been drinking the imaginary Ripple cool-aid for so long.  If Ripple had their own blue beverage I’m sure they’d succeed! Maybe time to change gears and mix it up a bit. 2020 is the year to make things real, it’s time to deliver.

Edited by Scout

33 minutes ago, Scout said:

Everyone has been drinking the imaginary Ripple cool-aid for so long.  If Ripple had their own blue beverage I’m sure they’d succeed! Maybe time to change gears and mix it up a bit. 2020 is the year to make things real, it’s time to deliver.

product-ripple-milk-feature1.jpg

Now here is a Ripple that delivers some real gainz, look at that protein percentage! Perfect to feed the muscles of strong XRP bag holders.

5zn9blp0fjo31.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ahh crap I invested in the wrong Ripple. LOL! Oh well, here’s to seeing a 10 cent XRP so I can buy more for less, what a deal!

Edited by Scout

On 6/23/2020 at 3:24 AM, mrhat75 said:

n what world is it reasonable to expect to be a millionaire within 3 years with a 5k investment? Fricken delusional

Imagine investing in a world changing asset, that just has endless good news from use by financial companies But just keeps dropping in value.

wudya believe it?