Toast Wallet removed from App Stores in protest of abysmal treatment of community developers by Ripple.

11 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

I believe you're a day too late. In the meantime they tweeted they'll stop developping Toast Wallet.

This whole story is a bit weird. I didn't know this project was supported by xPring.

I don't think they were ever supported by Xpring. I think they were seeking funding from Xpring.

Edited by King34Maine
7 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I don't think they were every supported by Xpring. I think they were seeking funding from Xpring.

I was thinking the same. That's why I didn't get those tweets at all. Not sure why they thought threatening to stop developing a product that Ripple does not care about would help them in any way. The tweets sounded cringy right away. Someone's frustrated it seems.

3 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I still have some XRP left in toast wallet. Not too much, since I sell most of them. Should I change wallet? or just let it there? Are toast wallet gonna survive?

You can always access your secret key from within Toast and import it to another wallet.

The dude is little nuts. I disagreed him in a completely different political matter and he blocked me both from his personal and toast wallet account. I find out afterwards that that was not uncommon and in one instance, he even filed a complaint in to the bar against one lawyer. 

13 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

I was thinking the same. That's why I didn't get those tweets at all. Not sure why they thought threatening to stop developing a product that Ripple does not care about would help them in any way. The tweets sounded cringy right away. Someone's frustrated it seems.

I'm not sure of the criteria that Xpring utilizes as a screen for issuing community grants/investments, but It almost seems as if they (Toast Wallet team) expected or felt entitled to have been guaranteed funding from Xpring. Now, I do believe that the Toast Wallet was one of the first community generated non-custodial wallets for XRP that had pretty wide-spread adoption a few years back. With that being said, I feel like there must be some other underlying reasons for this because I agree that their tweet does sound a bit provocative.