MeGodzillo

Ripple launches PayID with 40+ partners

Posted (edited)

This explains why Facebook has been trying to demand that registrars turn over domain information, despite it being none of Facebook's ******* business.

ETA:  Also explains some certificate authority acqs, last year, now that I think about it...  (was wondering why Francisco Partners wanted to buy Comodo...)

Edited by NightJanitor
hmmph.

4 hours ago, jag216 said:

Interview with a coalition member.

I will be more impressed if they implement cPanel and allow for you to install WordPress and forum software like IP Board or Xenoforo. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

I will be more impressed if they implement cPanel and allow for you to install WordPress and forum software like IP Board or Xenoforo. 

Yeah, I posted it because it was new, but the content was a little underwhelming. I'm going to try the PayID AWS deployment next. I can see that being a solid package offered by Amazon - especially if amazonpay supports it as well.

Edited by jag216

On 6/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, cmbartley said:

Agree. The major hurdle is going to be adoption. Hopefully Ripple can push Ripplnet members to adopt PayID for interbank transfers. That would be a nice first step.

They are already behind because Zelle has something like 350 banks and credit unions as members. How do you market yourself to banks that have the opinion there is too much risk to use platforms like Zelle or have already been using Zelle for the last three years? 

Posted (edited)

Every time there is a negative news (this time: ODL drastic decrease in volume) there comes a partnership few days later.

What is in common with XRP price and ODL volume? They are both down 90% lol

Edited by Kiwi

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

Every time there is a negative news (this time: ODL drastic decrease in volume) there comes a partnership few days later.

What is in common with XRP price and ODL volume? They are both down 90% lol

To be fair, XRP and other altcoins follow BTC. 

14 hours ago, Panzer_Kitteh said:

They are already behind because Zelle has something like 350 banks and credit unions as members. How do you market yourself to banks that have the opinion there is too much risk to use platforms like Zelle or have already been using Zelle for the last three years? 

I'm talking about existing members. Which includes banks, payment providers etc. I agree that this will be a very tough road to hoe.

On 6/23/2020 at 5:52 PM, Panzer_Kitteh said:

I know you're impatient, but I agree that would be sweet.  The easier this stuff is to deploy and the fewer buttons to press, the better it is...

(That said, it's been ~10 days since it rolled out of the skunkworks, so, I dunno, give it a minute to get bugs worked out before it goes up?)

It's nice of you to point out the potential, anyway - and to note that things seem headed in the right direction, even if there's testing to do...

@nikb I just saw you were answering a tech question in another thread.  Can I please ask you about PayId?

Q1.  Do you know if the PayId team were aware that Australia has something called PayId already?  Will it merge in ok or present issues in Australia?

Q2.  Does PayId pathfinding automatically find the cheapest/fastest path to the destination?  Eg if you had a nik$ripple.com with a USD bank account, a Bitcoin address and a XRP address all registered and I sent you some AUD from a BRD wallet would it detect that XRP is the cheapest value transfer option and send you XRP traded on the DEx?

Thanks for any light you can shed on that.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

@nikb I just saw you were answering a tech question in another thread.  Can I please ask you about PayId?

Q1.  Do you know if the PayId team were aware that Australia has something called PayId already?  Will it merge in ok or present issues in Australia?

Q2.  Does PayId pathfinding automatically find the cheapest/fastest path to the destination?  Eg if you had a nik$ripple.com with a USD bank account, a Bitcoin address and a XRP address all registered and I sent you some AUD from a BRD wallet would it detect that XRP is the cheapest value transfer option and send you XRP traded on the DEx?

Thanks for any light you can shed on that.

where did you find the payid pathfinding?

Edited by yxxyun

1 hour ago, Dogowner5 said:

I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Dogowner5 said:

As far as I know, PayID is justa way to “resolve” a human-friendly moniker, like joe$example.com) to less human-friendly identifiers (wallet addresses, account numbers, etc) used in various payment networks.

I don’t think that PayID itself offers any kind of “pathfinding” mechanism.

2 minutes ago, nikb said:

I don’t think that PayID itself offers any kind of “pathfinding” mechanism.

Thanks very much for your time Nik.  My first impression was that it was limited to being essentially dns for payments.  But then I saw a tweet from David (that I probably misunderstood) to mean that it can be extended and implemented in such a way that pathfinding of payments can happen.

I’ve just searched for the Tweet but can only find this similar one:

I suppose it depends on who implements it and what additional services they are supplying.

I’m hopeful that in time with adoption,  XRP will become the common denominator as it were and that many payments will be made that way because of cheaper pathfinding (however and if ever) it is implemented.