Ripple to complete global coverage by mid-2021 and plug MoneyGram’s cash payout to RippleNet this year

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.xrparcade.com/news/ripple-to-complete-global-coverage-by-mid-2021-and-plug-moneygrams-cash-payout-to-ripplenet-this-year/

Only guessing, but I understood it to mean that ... MG has tons and tons of locations like corner shops and post offices where you can go and collect money when someone sends it to you, but not e

100% agree!  

2 hours ago, strikerjax said:

Wondering what MG cash payout + RippleNet means? Can someone please expand on this. 

Only guessing, but I understood it to mean that ...

MG has tons and tons of locations like corner shops and post offices where you can go and collect money when someone sends it to you, but not every one of these individual locations is part of "ripplenet" itself. Presumably MG has some infrastructure in place that tells shop owner in "middle of nowhere" town that funds have been received and please give Mr X local currency (of whatever amount was sent in some other currency minus fees). That means that the main transaction might happen on ripplenet, but then a separate message is sent via the existing MG tech to the final destination. I assumed what they meant was that these would be integrated in such a way that the ripplenet payment would interact directly with the existing MG tech and then the final step would be simplified (not knowing how it currently happens, I'm really just guessing). Analogous to the "last mile" problem in telecomms.

Edited by jbjnr
edit: typo
1 hour ago, jbjnr said:

Only guessing, but I understood it to mean that ...

MG has tons and tons of locations like corner shops and post offices where you can go and collect money when someone sends it to you, but not every one of these individual locations is part of "ripplenet" itself. Presumably MG has some infrastructure in place that tells shop owner in "middle of nowhere" town that funds have been received and please give Mr X local currency (of whatever amount was sent in some other currency minus fees). That means that the main transaction might happen on ripplenet, but then a separate message is sent via the existing MG tech to the final destination. I assumed what they meant was that these would be integrated in such a way that the ripplenet payment would interact directly with the existing MG tech and then the final step would be simplified (not knowing how it currently happens, I'm really just guessing). Analogous to the "last mile" problem in telecomms.

Like taking out the copper wire from your house to the CLEC and replacing it with fiber optics.

Edited by Guest