I have been watching this community for the last 2 years from Google, I decided after reading some comments today to make a little positive statement and create an account. 

XRP will go back to its normal price range of approximately  25p-30c!

I am part of many other crypto coin communities and it is really sad to see how upset and down people are at the moment, maybe we will not see the big £1 per coin or what ever it is we dreamed of, however XRP does have a purpose in the long run and who knows the path! 

It has not helped that so many people have cashed in on the Youtube videos and flood constant rubbish (Not going to mention anynames)

Stay positive! Take some time out of XRP & HODL! maybe even look into some other coins and leave XRP on the back burner!

Stay safe but it is not the end! 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You take a short lived, low fiat pump and dump peak in 2013, compare it with flattened out lows in 2020 and say it is bad returns. Then compare it with Apple and Tesla which are currently reachin

I have been watching this community for the last 2 years from Google, I decided after reading some comments today to make a little positive statement and create an account.  XRP will go back to i

You take a random peak in december 2013 as an example, compare it to tech stocks today and conclude returns are abysmal... Then you say taking an example before may 2017 is pointless as no one bought

11 hours ago, Shuz said:

Xrp isnt something you buy for short term gains, its not made for wild swings..this is a 6yr long term gamble. 

The facts don't support that.  XRP reached ~0.06 in December 2013.  Since December 2013 which is 6.5 years:

• XRP 3X
  • Apple 3.5X
  • Facebook 4.5X
  • Microsoft 5.5X
  • Tesla 7X
  • Bitcoin 9X

Risk/Reward ratio is the amount of risk you take to earn expected returns. XRP in 6.5 years returned 3X.  1:3 means you are risking losing $1 to get an expected return of $3.  That is absolutely dismal.  The expected return of high growth tech stocks is greater than XRP.  And there is no risk of these stocks losing -90% of their value like XRP does.  During the 2014-2016 bear market, XRP lost -92% of it's value.  In the current bear market XRP has lost -94% of it's value.  Bitcoin has shown a much greater expected return over than time frame but also had -80% and -83% loss in value in the 2 bear markets.  At least BTC has greater returns and has recovered to -50%, XRP is still down -94%.  

But it's even become increasingly hard to argue that a 9X return of BTC is adequate compensation of the risk of holding BTC long term especially considering future price appreciation might not be that as high.  It makes no sense to argue XRP is a good long term investment considering you might lose -90% for a mere 3X return.  You'd have almost no risk and have better returns holding high growth tech stocks than XRP.  

Now the scenario XRP does well is in a pump and dump scenario where you get these sudden and short parabolic movements and dump all your holdings before the hard correction and a multi-year bear market follows.  But in this scenario, there were various new cryptos in 2017-18 that had greater returns in the pump and dump windows if were lucky enough to pick and time it correctly.  

garlic.jpg

On 6/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, Caracappa said:

Take away all the peaks and lows, look at it at macro level and price went from 0,005 to 0,20 which is a nice return. That most forgot to buy in time and sell out is their loss.

This is crypto bagholding mental gymnastics at its finest.  Most people got into crypto  after the 2017 May-June crypto pump.  The vast majority of people got into crypto after late 2017.  It's crazy to see accounts created here in late 2017 or early 2018 and people posting they have been DCA since $1.00+ and losing money on everything they put in over 3 years and rationalizing their losses with the argument that "..but but XRP went from $0.005 to $0.18, which is 3500% return!" 

Dude, you did not buy at $0.005. When crypto assets are virtually unknown and nobody is buying them, they have almost no value.  This is why XRP is up from $0.005 in April 2017 to $0.18 for a 3,500% return.  It's just what happens when assets have almost zero value to when they start getting attention and people FOMO into it.   This also happened to lots of cryptos that were virtually unknown with little value and there are a lot that went up more than XRP in same time frame.  NEO is up from April 2017 when it was unknown at $0.18 to current value - up 5,800%.  Nano from the same time frame is up 12,000%.  But the fact there is no adoption, utility and appreciation or the very least some semblance of XRP retaining value means it is behaving just like the many many shitcoins out there. 

For you to treat it like some gem asset because it has the 3500% return if you bought in in April 2017 before you or most people got in where lots of other random cryptos performed much better if you were to invest in them before they gained mainstream exposure again is mental gymnastics.  

xrp-gym.jpg

Edited by fatlever
4 hours ago, fatlever said:

This is crypto bagholding mental gymnastics at its finest.  Most people got into crypto  after the 2017 May-June crypto pump.  The vast majority of people got into crypto after late 2017.  It's crazy to see accounts created here in late 2017 or early 2018 and people posting they have been DCA since $1.00+ and losing money on everything they put in over 3 years and rationalizing their losses with the argument that "..but but XRP went from $0.005 to $0.18, which is 3500% return!" 

Dude, you did not buy at $0.005. When crypto assets are virtually unknown and nobody is buying them, they have almost no value.  This is why XRP is up from $0.005 in April 2017 to $0.18 for a 3,500% return.  It's just what happens when assets have almost zero value to when they start getting attention and people FOMO into it.   This also happened to lots of cryptos that were virtually unknown with little value and there are a lot that went up more than XRP in same time frame.  NEO is up from April 2017 when it was unknown at $0.18 to current value - up 5,800%.  Nano from the same time frame is up 12,000%.  But the fact there is no adoption, utility and appreciation or the very least some semblance of XRP retaining value means it is behaving just like the many many shitcoins out there. 

For you to treat it like some gem asset because it has the 3500% return if you bought in in April 2017 before you or most people got in where lots of other random cryptos performed much better if you were to invest in them before they gained mainstream exposure again is mental gymnastics.  

xrp-gym.jpg

You take a random peak in december 2013 as an example, compare it to tech stocks today and conclude returns are abysmal... Then you say taking an example before may 2017 is pointless as no one bought there.... And what I state is gymnastics... oh dear. If it doesn't fit your narrative it is gymnastics.

Nowhere did I state I bought € 0,005, I just juggled the random numbers precisely as you did to present a different conclusion. As there can be made dozens with your method. I bought my first batch on july 10th 2017 at around € 0,18, a bigger batch at € 0,10 on july 16 and quite some more over time. And no, I did not forget to take profits around new years eve 2017 making whatever happens next a free ride.

What is true mental gymnastics is keep spending time on a forum dedicated to an asset you have absolutely no believe in. An asset that has got you so pissed off, I wonder why that is.

I invest in things with long term potential. Anyone who cries about price right now is a moron. Use case hasn't matured.....

This is a long term project and always has been. We were all hoping for another speculative run when energy was around in 17/18 and we may get another, but here we are. 

The project keeps moving forward. Maybe we'll be somewhere next year, maybe in 5 years. Nothing has shaken my faith in the long term of Ripple's vision.

If you can't handle not making 1M from your little 5k investment in less than 3 years then maybe you should grow up and build skills and a network that enable you to actually do something with your life rather than hoping on a lottery ticket or event to save your piddly situation.

Tired of the whiners

Edit: There have also been multiple multi-year lulls in this space. You guys probably wouldn't have ended up making shit had you invested before 2017 anyways.

Edited by mrhat75
On 6/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, fatlever said:

The facts don't support that.  XRP reached ~0.06 in December 2013.  Since December 2013 which is 6.5 years:

• XRP 3X
  • Apple 3.5X
  • Facebook 4.5X
  • Microsoft 5.5X
  • Tesla 7X
  • Bitcoin 9X

Risk/Reward ratio is the amount of risk you take to earn expected returns. XRP in 6.5 years returned 3X.  1:3 means you are risking losing $1 to get an expected return of $3.  That is absolutely dismal.  The expected return of high growth tech stocks is greater than XRP.  And there is no risk of these stocks losing -90% of their value like XRP does.  During the 2014-2016 bear market, XRP lost -92% of it's value.  In the current bear market XRP has lost -94% of it's value.  Bitcoin has shown a much greater expected return over than time frame but also had -80% and -83% loss in value in the 2 bear markets.  At least BTC has greater returns and has recovered to -50%, XRP is still down -94%.  

But it's even become increasingly hard to argue that a 9X return of BTC is adequate compensation of the risk of holding BTC long term especially considering future price appreciation might not be that as high.  It makes no sense to argue XRP is a good long term investment considering you might lose -90% for a mere 3X return.  You'd have almost no risk and have better returns holding high growth tech stocks than XRP.  

Now the scenario XRP does well is in a pump and dump scenario where you get these sudden and short parabolic movements and dump all your holdings before the hard correction and a multi-year bear market follows.  But in this scenario, there were various new cryptos in 2017-18 that had greater returns in the pump and dump windows if were lucky enough to pick and time it correctly.  

garlic.jpg

cherry.jpg

47 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

It would have been easier to buy XRP at 0.015 than it would have to buy at 0.06 in December 2013.

2014 - 2016 were times with mostly sub 0.01 prices

It would have been easier to buy XRP by accumulating enough wealth before XRP existed than it would have to start buying at 0.015 after it came into existence while you dont have money and has spent the money elsewhere such as hookers.

2000 - 2010 were times you had your chance to accumulate savings.

I challenge you to backtrack it further.

14 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

I invest in things with long term potential. Anyone who cries about price right now is a moron. Use case hasn't matured.....

This is a long term project and always has been. We were all hoping for another speculative run when energy was around in 17/18 and we may get another, but here we are. 

The project keeps moving forward. Maybe we'll be somewhere next year, maybe in 5 years. Nothing has shaken my faith in the long term of Ripple's vision.

If you can't handle not making 1M from your little 5k investment in less than 3 years then maybe you should grow up and build skills and a network that enable you to actually do something with your life rather than hoping on a lottery ticket or event to save your piddly situation.

Tired of the whiners

Edit: There have also been multiple multi-year lulls in this space. You guys probably wouldn't have ended up making shit had you invested before 2017 anyways.

Let’s be fair, plenty that invested lost their shirt in the wild west that was early crypto. I reckon that if I had bought big in 2012, Mt Gox or similar would have broke me. 🙄

On 6/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, mrhat75 said:

Calling people morons for being critical of price of an asset that is down -94% from ATH and is lower today than it was 3+ years ago while defending a tanking asset with faith based investing and moving goalposts to rationalize their losses is the type of investors Mr.Garlinghouse and Ripple love.  Sadly, these are not the type of investors that make money and are also known as suckers.  

On 10/16/2017 at 7:24 PM, mrhat75 said:

Who cares?  I'm more interested in where it will be in 1, 2, 3+ years.  

On 12/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, mrhat75 said:

Here's a thought.

If XRP hits $10 or $100 and has widespread use, what makes you ever think that it will drop to 0 or drop much at all?  Sure there will be volatility, but with a driven use case, it will probably never drop a significant amount.  Unlike BTC at the moment, which is driven pretty much purely off of speculation.....I don't see this ever happening.

Which then begs the question, why sell much of it into cash at all?  XRP itself might very well be a safer place to keep your assets than dollars/stocks/bonds.  Just sell off a small amount of XRP to fund life's expenses.

xrp-standard.jpg

3 hours ago, fatlever said:

Calling people morons for being critical of price of an asset that is down -94% from ATH and is lower today than it was 3+ years ago while defending a tanking asset with faith based investing and moving goalposts to rationalize their losses is the type of investors Mr.Garlinghouse and Ripple love.  Sadly, these are not the type of investors that make money and are also known as suckers.  

xrp-standard.jpg

i saw @LetHerRip