• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Briefly, in the latest Ripple Insight, Ripple talked about staying the course with ODL, but pivoting away from treasuries to small payments  https://ripple.com/insights/staying-the-course-in-remi

Yeah I have the same question. Also it seems it's Ripple which decided to not move large chunks but I don't understand why do they decide. I think it's up to the customers which are using RippleN

Posted Images

On 6/26/2020 at 1:12 AM, itcdominic said:

There is another theory which is the "Hiding the ODL" by simply not letting the sell of the XRP at the target end match the buy at the sending end....example:  US to MEX sends $40K - US then receives $40K and converts to XRP...sends across to MEX then converts XRP pesos in 2 unequal transactions like $15K and $25K...this would not trigger the ODL discovery algorithm.

Question is...did we see a drop in VOLUME (NOT ODL) but volume in general.    

Sorry mate but that theory is blown out of the water by the fact that YES the volumes dropped.

BTCMarkets in Australia is an ODL participant.  Look at the volume bars at the bottom of chart.

F07A3000-E524-4F86-B84A-2C38C57E3580.jpeg

I think it is fair to say they have stopped the secret sauce that was trialled out with Moneygram. The reason why, it can be anything and the secret sauce can be anything. Didn't they say something like, we have proven that we can do it and that it works, now we want to focus on the small payments? To me the reason can be so positive and yes, it can also be negative. Apparently people here prefer to look at the negative. Let me try a positive theory: I still see the WU MGI take-over as the root cause. Ripple wants world dominance on cross-boarder payments, have the arrogance and the means to think they can pull it off and certainly do not want to spill the beans with WU. ^_^ So they stop the secret sauce. Probably making use of a clause which was already there in their contract with MGI.

2 hours ago, jn_r said:

Didn't they say something like, we have proven that we can do it and that it works, now we want to focus on the small payments? To me the reason can be so positive and yes, it can also be negative. Apparently people here prefer to look at the negative.

It works, it saves people money, volumes are shooting up therefore we are going to...

mostly stop.

there is no conceivable positive way of looking at it. Ripple/XRP seems to have completely failed as a solution for banks. It got further in remittance (seemingly because of the huge incentives Ripple paid out) but that has failed, now lets make noise about focusing on small payments

27 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

It works, it saves people money, volumes are shooting up therefore we are going to...

mostly stop.

there is no conceivable positive way of looking at it. Ripple/XRP seems to have completely failed as a solution for banks. It got further in remittance (seemingly because of the huge incentives Ripple paid out) but that has failed, now lets make noise about focusing on small payments

You do your avatar injustice, such a joyful fellow 

On 6/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, Panzer_Kitteh said:

You might be right, but we also don't know what is going on behind the corporate veil via NDA/Confidentiality Agreements with Ripple's customers. It's easy for you be a Monday morning QB using speculation, hearsay and other poor avenue streams of information to create an opinion. 

When someone opines on historical events that is interpretation not speculation.

Ironically, your post stating that there is a veil, or possibly some NDA or insiders game going on, that prevents us from knowing the truth is the supreme example of PURE speculation, resulting from a bad info stream. 
There is a reason the captain tells the band to keep playing, even after the conductor is underwater, it is called propaganda. There will always be a group that faithfully follows the captain to their death, but others look at the present situation and take care of themselves, before it’s too late.

You continue to believe the speculation of NDAs, corporate veils, market makers, and whales, and I will continue to interpret the situation as it presently stands. “ODL does not work without powerful centralization”

BTW: Using confidence in your logic, how much XRP did you purchase last week?  After all the price is a real steal.

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

There is a reason the captain tells the band to keep playing, even after the conductor is underwater, it is called propaganda. There will always be a group that faithfully follows the captain to their death, but others look at the present situation and take care of themselves, before it’s too late.

But what about hearsay and speculation? Or are they cherries for picking by the happy few?

On 6/28/2020 at 7:36 AM, Valhalla_Guy said:

When someone opines on historical events that is interpretation not speculation.

Ironically, your post stating that there is a veil, or possibly some NDA or insiders game going on, that prevents us from knowing the truth is the supreme example of PURE speculation, resulting from a bad info stream. 

You continue to believe the speculation of NDAs, corporate veils, market makers, and whales, and I will continue to interpret the situation as it presently stands. “ODL does not work without powerful centralization”

BTW: Using confidence in your logic, how much XRP did you purchase last week?  After all the price is a real steal.

Do you work in risk management, compliance or in a legal department for a publicly traded company?