Macro Polo Platform using Corda

Unlike what many believe this is not really Ripple or XRP related. They implemented a platform (Corda) with one of it's rails being XRP. Proprietary connectors can be written by anyone. They don't have to make this public.

3 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Unlike what many believe this is not really Ripple or XRP related. They implemented a platform (Corda) with one of it's rails being XRP. Proprietary connectors can be written by anyone. They don't have to make this public.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember people saying Corda Settler will be using XRP and all transfers on Coda will use the Settler.

1 hour ago, anteksiler said:

Thanks for the clarification. I remember people saying Corda Settler will be using XRP and all transfers on Coda will use the Settler.

There's too much cherry-picking the information the content creators like. That's why I'm so much against people like SamIAm, Brad Kymes, Alex Cobb, Kevin Cage, ... They misrepresent this information.

Corda brings multiple things together in one API. SWIFT GPI, CDBC, ... Or at least that's the idea. So it's logical that banks and financial institutions are implementing stuff like ILP and R3 Corda since it allows them to switch/use whatever settlement method/rail is most efficient for them. Without getting vendor lock-in (the level playing field Brad Garlinghouse is refering to). So if XRP is best positioned it will be used (logically). The question is if it is and that's not just a crypto comparison like many make it to be.

As a reference you can have a look at this slidedeck:

2 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

There's too much cherry-picking the information the content creators like. That's why I'm so much against people like SamIAm, Brad Kymes, Alex Cobb, Kevin Cage, ... They misrepresent this information.

Corda brings multiple things together in one API. SWIFT GPI, CDBC, ... Or at least that's the idea. So it's logical that banks and financial institutions are implementing stuff like ILP and R3 Corda since it allows them to switch/use whatever settlement method/rail is most efficient for them. Without getting vendor lock-in (the level playing field Brad Garlinghouse is refering to). So if XRP is best positioned it will be used (logically). The question is if it is and that's not just a crypto comparison like many make it to be.

As a reference you can have a look at this slidedeck:

That is correct, but I believe it is also true that in the literature at the launch of Corda  R3 chose to strongly feature XRP as the example of a currency on their to demonstrate how it worked.  Furthermore SBI have a substantial stake in both R3 and Ripple, so the connection between R3 Corda and XRP is not trivial either.

12 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is correct, but I believe it is also true that in the literature at the launch of Corda  R3 chose to strongly feature XRP as the example of a currency on their to demonstrate how it worked.  Furthermore SBI have a substantial stake in both R3 and Ripple, so the connection between R3 Corda and XRP is not trivial either.

True. They made a deal with Ripple for the a huge stack of XRP. The details of the deal were never made public but indeed they might have an incentive to promote XRP. Just saying that this is a neutral platform. I'd love XRP to be the chosen one. I'm on the same boat.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

True. They made a deal with Ripple for the a huge stack of XRP. The details of the deal were never made public but indeed they might have an incentive to promote XRP. Just saying that this is a neutral platform. I'd love XRP to be the chosen one. I'm on the same boat.

We are both correct!  I do not dispute the truth behind your caution....the adoption of R3 Corda is good news for XRP investors but not a guarantee of instant success.   When XRP corridors are fitted with market makers the XRP token becomes a natural high preference (but not exclusive) for users to choose.

Edited by Julian_Williams
18 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

We are both correct!  I do not dispute the truth behind your caution....the adoption of R3 Corda is good news for XRP investors but not a guarantee of instant success.   When XRP corridors are fitted with market makers the XRP token becomes a natural high preference (but not exclusive) for users to choose.

To be clear I wasn't arguing you were wrong :) Ain't this a great day where people agree in the XRP community? :D