BAX

MoneyGram and Uber Launch Partnership

The puzzle pieces are coming together!

Remittance customers and Uber drivers have a lot of crossover, so the partnership will encourage those folks to use Moneygram (and therefore RippleNet) for money transfers. This could also explain the many Uber references in Ripple presentations over the years.

Moneygram seems to have been on fire lately (in a good way). I think RippleNet is at the heart of many of these integrations and developments.

Posted (edited)

This is wonderful news for Ripple.

By using Moneygram, is this a strategic play from Ripple to take advantage of "regulatory freedom" or does money gram just simply have the liquidity to accommodate Uber's payment network?

Edited by aye-epp

6 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

This is wonderful news for Ripple.

By using Moneygram, is this a strategic play from Ripple to take advantage of "regulatory freedom" or does money gram just simply have the liquidity to accommodate Uber's payment network?

TBD what share MGI will capture, and then what share XRP will capture - but 2019Q4 Uber stated gross bookings of $18B.

Based on estimates, ODL total is $1.2B

This can be pretty huge.

4 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

The puzzle pieces are coming together!

Remittance customers and Uber drivers have a lot of crossover, so the partnership will encourage those folks to use Moneygram (and therefore RippleNet) for money transfers. This could also explain the many Uber references in Ripple presentations over the years.

Moneygram seems to have been on fire lately (in a good way). I think RippleNet is at the heart of many of these integrations and developments.

Agreed!  Hopefully the many amazon references pan out into something.

1 hour ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Hopium? Wouldn’t you say this is real news of new customers using XRP for international remittance?

Show me where XRP is being utilised in this and I'll say no more

2 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Hopium? Wouldn’t you say this is real news of new customers using XRP for international remittance?

What are you talking about, this has nothing to do with XRP. Moneygram doesn't use XRP or Ripplenet in this partnership or over 95% of their remittances. They are only trailing XRP usage in a tiny percentage of volume (around 10%) in one corridor only (Mexican Peso).

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

What are you talking about, this has nothing to do with XRP. Moneygram doesn't use XRP or Ripplenet in this partnership or over 95% of their remittances. They are only trailing XRP usage in a tiny percentage of volume (around 10%) in one corridor only (Mexican Peso).

This is likely because liquidity depth is still shallow, relativity to their total addressable market.

This will also be true for most RippleNet users, until market participants (exchanges, custody, derivatives, etc) are existing in each domestic economy.

Tick Toc, Tick Toc, Tick Toc

Edited by KarmaCoverage

3 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

You are missing the big picture! You are a old member but you are either missing the point or have an agenda to talk down on every possible subject related to XRP!

Yes the news is not about XRP directly and that Uber drivers are not going to use it now directly, but its about creating connectivity its about building infrastructure for possible future use!

29 minutes ago, BAX said:

You are missing the big picture! You are a old member but you are either missing the point or have an agenda to talk down on every possible subject related to XRP!

Yes the news is not about XRP directly and that Uber drivers are not going to use it now directly, but its about creating connectivity its about building infrastructure for possible future use!

I'm not missing a thing. I didn't disagree with you.

The post I quoted  and disagreed with was @ADingoAteMyXRP saying this was real news about new customers and real usage of XRP both of which was false. Uber is not a customer of Ripple nor is XRP used in the partnership of Moneygram and Uber.

Too many people here connecting imaginary dots and partnerships that don't exist. Ill just stick to facts.